are there many people out here having problems at home?

stink219

I've been working 8am to 8:30 and beyond for the last four years straight. Methods my :censored2:. I'm not complaining about doing it. I'm saying when I started 18 years ago it was rare to go over 10 hours a day. Now it's exclusive to 12 hours a day. So people that say "You know what you we getting into." is a load of crap. Especially that dude who is obviously a supervisor posing as a driver trying to explain that the laws of physics based on the effects of cumulative fatigue cease to exist in his world because of his diet and rest schedule? Lmfao!!!

Buck Fifty

I work with my brain 90% of the time apparently you choose to work with your muscles 90% of the time
. There is a big difference that you'll never understand till you change your attitude and ways of doing things. Delivering packages is not a physical job if it was every UPSERS would be a lean mean fighting machine. If you have opened you eyes there not...

Hey your right, where I from it's work smart not hard.

You have to just come in and work(this is working smart), not come in and work hard (this is not working smart). It's a mentality and the quicker you get this mind set, the better off you'll be.

purplesky

Like I said before you knew what your where getting into when you started. If a hour or two of day more of work is killing you you are out of shape and or not eating healthy foods. If that not case than you need to reach down a grab a set and man up.

IF the packages are to heavy use a hand cart and work in your powerzone. But I suspect like a lot of other people you don't want to use the hand cart because it adds time on to the stop.

I don't have a problem with fatigue, exertion, lactic Acid buildup, etc that you speak of. However when I get home I am a little tired from working all day so I eat, relax and then go to bed a decent hour to be rested for the next day of work.

Are you a UPS manager or something? You sure dont sound like a UPS driver. How long have you been in package car MR. PERFECT? No fatigue? Really? Dont worry. You will start feeling like crap soon enough.:wink2:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Most UPS driver's are men.

When the father is defeated and not living with Integrity there are problems in the home.

Denial does not change this fact.

The culture at UPS has caused many of these men to be less than real men, when this happens there are problems in the home.

When a people, a generation's or a corporation's love of money causes the fathers to seek profit at the expense of their souls, what have they truly gained?

They have gained problems in the home.

Sincerely,
I

UPSGUY72

Are you a UPS manager or something? You sure dont sound like a UPS driver. How long have you been in package car MR. PERFECT? No fatigue? Really? Dont worry. You will start feeling like crap soon enough.:wink2:

Nope not a manager. So just because you feel like crap I should ?? Why do you feel like crap after work ? Are your tired, mentally drained, have sore muscles...

My problem is that I'm not just some dumb truck driver. I'm former US Army Attack Helicopter Pilot, I hold a commercial helicopter Pilot license and have BS degree in Human Factors and Psychology from Embry-Riddle.

I pace myself and follow the methods as best I can...

oldupsman

Nope not a manager. So just because you feel like crap I should ?? Why do you feel like crap after work ? Are your tired, mentally drained, have sore muscles...

My problem is that I'm not just some dumb truck driver. I'm former US Army Attack Helicopter Pilot, I hold a commercial helicopter Pilot license and have BS degree in Human Factors and Psychology from Embry-Riddle.

I pace myself and follow the methods as best I can...
Mental toughness is required if you're going to work for UPS. Obviously, you have it.
Some people don't.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Most UPS driver's are men.

When the father is defeated and not living with Integrity there are problems in the home.

The culture at UPS has caused many of these men to be less than real men, when this happens there are problems in the home.

When a people, a generation's or a corporation's love of money causes the fathers to seek profit at the expense of their souls, what have they truly gained?

They have gained problems in the home.

Sincerely,
I

Listen to the people crying
Hoping for the day they'll be free
I don’t have to tell you we're dying
Just wake up, take a look, what do You see?
Mothers in tears for their sons
And sweethearts and wives
Alone with their memories

What does it to avail a man T
o gain fortune
And lose his soul?

CharleyHustle

Listen to the people crying
Hoping for the day they'll be free
I don’t have to tell you we're dying
Just wake up, take a look, what do You see?
Mothers in tears for their sons
And sweethearts and wives
Alone with their memories

What does it to avail a man T
o always blame others for his own problems
And lose his soul?

Indecisi0n

Sup the other day told me being over dispatched was just part of the job. I asked then why have we have so many recent long time customers cancel our service? He didn't have anything to say.

screamin chicken

screw that im not working 10,11, 12 hrs especially if they put it on me, what ever my count is i will NOT work over 9 hrs. a day I promise..... Karma will eventually come around, and i will be the FIRST in line.... AND YES i TAKE MY FULL HR LUNCH BETWEEN MY 4-6 AND i do not run , AND i do not CUT CORNERS......

screamin chicken

screw that im not working 10,11, 12 hrs especially if they put it on me, what ever my count is i will NOT work over 9 hrs. a day I promise..... Karma will eventually come around, and i will be the FIRST in line.... AND YES i TAKE MY FULL HR LUNCH BETWEEN MY 4-6 AND i do not run , AND i do not CUT CORNERS......
aCTUALLY THE PROBLEM IS MOST OF THE SO CALL DRIVERS COULD DO MORE AND PEOPLE LIKE ME COULD ACTUALLY HAVE A FAIR DAYS WORK...................

screamin chicken

They load me up, they have to pay for 8, if i get done in 7 , then in a week they owe me for 5 hrs. on top of that i will have 8 hrs. bonus at time an half, so you work your 40 plus hrs. for the man and ill work my 30-35 hrs. and 8 hrs. bonus, all of this and I do it by the book, no running , full lunch thanks to the man that has taught me very well and I get PAID for it....Now leave me alone TROLL....

brownboxman

24 yrs driving has given my family a comfortable life. But every center manager has been made very aware of the fact I dont want OT. Some have worked with me , some have not. Regardless we have lived without the toys and fancy vacations and now I will retire next year and feel comfortable without all the extras. So many of the drivers stand around and discuss boats , rv's, snowmobiles, Jamaica, vacation homes. I think we all have ways to deal with the place we work, but wise financial decisions dont have much to do with where we work and how we spend our free time with family.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They load me up, they have to pay for 8, if i get done in 7 , then in a week they owe me for 5 hrs. on top of that i will have 8 hrs. bonus at time an half, so you work your 40 plus hrs. for the man and ill work my 30-35 hrs. and 8 hrs. bonus, all of this and I do it by the book, no running , full lunch thanks to the man that has taught me very well and I get PAID for it....Now leave me alone TROLL....

aCTUALLY THE PROBLEM IS MOST OF THE SO CALL DRIVERS COULD DO MORE AND PEOPLE LIKE ME COULD ACTUALLY HAVE A FAIR DAYS WORK...................

How do you reconcile these two statements?

Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I think a little perspective is in order here. The economy is rough, pay and benefits are down worldwide. You should ask yourself why do you work here? If you don't like the overtime, maybe you should get another job. Seriously, if money doesn't mean that much to you, plenty of lower paying jobs with crappier benefits are out there.

Look, I know there is a 9.5 list, but if this company eliminated all overtime, how many posts would be on here about how we can't get anymore overtime?

We are horribly spoiled in this country, This post is a perfect example. We want everything, without any of the costs associated with getting everything.

Things at UPS work in cycles. I work in feeders in a center with almost 400 drivers. Here, management has almost 80% of the drivers working under 9.5 hours. In feeders, that is almost unheard of, but it is reality here. The package car center I come from, the drivers there, are working 50 to 60 hours a week. Where I come from, that is something to hold onto.

As far as your families go, well, this is something you can only speak to them on a one-on-one basis. If your kids want to know why you're working late, explain to them why they will be going to a nice college. If your wife complains to you that she doesn't she you as much, quietly explain to her about the nice house, the nice cars and the extra money...well, if you have to explain it, then there are bigger problems...

I'm only one guy, but I would count my lucky stars that I could sock away as much money in the 401k as I do, I would be glad that I could pay bills off in a single check, and I would be glad that my kids can go into a doctors office and get taken care of the way they are.

My problem is that most of the guys I see bitching about working excessive overtime are the guys burning up routes, skipping their lunches and kissing management ass.