Are they aloud to do this?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Small Sort Is Closed, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Last night (day before new year's eve) we finished our work for the Twilight Shift and we were all ready to go home. Night sort showed up and started working and they wouldn't let us leave. We had to keep working into the midnight hour. Some tried to leave but they had security at the front door and claimed, "you can leave if you give us your I.D., but you're never coming back. You will be fired"

I was mad because I obey the rules, and one of the rules is no cell phones in the warehouse. I told my Mom to pick me up at 9:30, because that was our estimated downtime for the night. My car is broke down at the current moment that's why. Anyway, my Mom and Grandma waited out front for 2 and a half hours waiting on me, bless their hearts, I figured they would have gone home, and their car died because it was 5 degrees F outside and they needed the heat on in the car, which used up the battery

How can they not let us leave when we have lives of our own? Can't they warn us in advance? Complete bull ****.

2. drewed

drewed Shankman

Ummmm, the lights would have killed the battery before the heat did....

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Did you ask to use the phone so that you could tell your ride that you would be late? Sounds like a simple solution to me.

If they were using the heater in the car to keep warm, the running engine would recharge the battery.

4. DeputyDip

DeputyDip Backwoods Hillbilly

aloud~allowed....sorry, it's like someone putting the toilet paper on the holder backwards....

5. UpstateNYUPSer

OK, which way is backwards? Do you go over the top or do you take it from behind?

6. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

LMAO

7. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

They don't have to let you leave. Technically it's job abandonment if you leave. You can however use one of your break period(s) to make a phone call.

8. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

It goes over the top.

As for the situation, they should have allowed you to call them ahead of time. Just another example of management not really understanding they have humans that are trying to do the job, not machines.

d

9. DeputyDip

DeputyDip Backwoods Hillbilly

10-4. Thank you.

10. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Absolutely, any other way is just plain wrong.:happy-very:

11. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

I think you should have used the phone inside the building to warn mom and granny. You did say aloud, right?

Very true, sounds like they had the key turned forward but the engine off.

Would you care to rephrase that?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  12. dirty moose

dirty moose Member

when i worked inside after 5 hours of work you could walk if you wanted.

13. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

OMG I didn't catch that the first time I read that, Steve. That was freaking hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

14. Bad Gas!

Bad Gas! Active Member

Any good hearted sup would've let you walk out to the parking lot and tell Mom and Granny to come back latter.....Fact:Brown management koolaid = no heart!

15. UpstateNYUPSer

OK, which way is backwards? Do you go over the top or do you take it from behind?

Would you care to rephrase that?

Why? How did you interpret this?

OMG I didn't catch that the first time I read that, Steve. That was freaking hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Dilli, your smileys got lost in the C&P.

16. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Well let me help you with that Upstate. I will put them back for you!
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

17. UpstateNYUPSer

Oops!

18. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

19. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

OH come on Uptight....I mean UpState even YOU are not that naive.

:dance::bigsmile2:

20. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

:you_go_girl: