Are tieguy and upssocks one and the same?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I second that, Tie. I hope you recover completely and everything goes well with you. I have noticed and wondered about your absence, I never thought you were UPSSOCKS. You are a long time member of this community and I enjoy reading your side of things.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxster, the question still stands and let me remind you that you are still under oath. Did he do this or did a moderator delete them?

Neither the original poster (try it your self) or Moderators have the power to cause what happened here.
I wonder if some super sleuth hacker has taken over this site and did this?

I'm really concerned about this ... I'm going to report this to Cheryl. This does not look good ... supernatural happenings right before Halloween.

P

pickup

well tie I owe you an apology . I think. I thought that the writing style (which I recognized as of an intelligent person) was of a character you created in response to what happened with your deleted video . Around that time you were pissed off and accused the moderators of this board of unfair treatment and stated that the board was predominantly antimanagement.

I thought this character was to prove a point.

I thought I recognized the writing style and like a penny that finally dropped . It hit me . I said to myself that this is tieguy playing a role to make a point. i then checked the posting history and saw that his dates of his posting and yours kind of weaved in and out like a pattern. I.e, one would post a lot the other wouldn't. Both took the same or three days off and then tieguy came back and posted for a few days and on the day you stopped posting, upssocks started posting again with a flurry that got him to over one hundred posts.

I wish you could look at the dates but suddenly, all of upssocks posts have disappeared.

Hope you get well soon tieguy.

As for the other poster who said that it would be a lot of trouble to go use a proxy server, it takes 2 seconds to set up and no time to use it afterward and it is free

Yeah, and you missed the swearing in of hoaxster because it never happened. It was a joke. I was surprised that he ducked the question while answering another latter post in the thread

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I just PM'd this to Pickup.
"OMG! What made you ask that question? I PM (MOD) last night and (MOD) this morning asking the very same question. I swear that Socks posts sound exactly like Tie on a tirade. I never got an answer from either one."

I asked 2 different mods, 1 last night and the other this morning. Both mods have ignored my question. The posts of Socks had been driving me crazy for a few days. I could not figure out why they were so familiar. Then last night it came to me and I asked. So all you guys that are jumping on Pickup chill. He is not the only one that thought this.

I know this, all posts by upssocks have disappeared. Not a trace of them can be found (only when someone quoted him) . That disappearing act happened sometime after my thread starting post today.

Hard to compare styles when one's style is gone.

Moderators, did any of you delete all his posts?
I did find a post of Socks in "World Series battle......".

No they arent the same.

Tieguy is highly intelligent. I wouldnt even necessarily classify him as "anti-union", any more than I am "anti-management". We both want the same thing, we just disagree on how to get there.

Upssocks on the other hand is nothing more than a troll. His posts are little more than spam, repetitive drivel with no real content or thought, devoid of any purpose other than to incite anger.
You are right Sober, Tie is intelligent. Intelligent enough to easily pull off something like this. And nowhere did I read in any of Tie's posts that he is NOT Socks. "I hope you don't think the theme of my posts...." quoted from Tie Not a denial just a diversion.

Hoaxster, the question still stands and let me remind you that you are still under oath. Did he do this or did a moderator delete them?
Tie easily has enough clout to have anyone of the mods to pull posts.

Tie, I truly hope you are healing well.

rod

Retired 22 years
well tie I owe you an apology . I think. I thought that the writing style (which I recognized as of an intelligent person) was of a character you created in response to what happened with your deleted video . Around that time you were pissed off and accused the moderators of this board of unfair treatment and stated that the board was predominantly antimanagement.

I thought this character was to prove a point.

I thought I recognized the writing style and like a penny that finally dropped . It hit me . I said to myself that this is tieguy playing a role to make a point. i then checked the posting history and saw that his dates of his posting and yours kind of weaved in and out like a pattern. I.e, one would post a lot the other wouldn't. Both took the same or three days off and then tieguy came back and posted for a few days and on the day you stopped posting, upssocks started posting again with a flurry that got him to over one hundred posts.

I wish you could look at the dates but suddenly, all of upssocks posts have disappeared.

Hope you get well soon tieguy.

As for the other poster who said that it would be a lot of trouble to go use a proxy server, it takes 2 seconds to set up and no time to use it afterward and it is free

Yeah, and you missed the swearing in of hoaxster because it never happened. It was a joke. I was surprised that he ducked the question while answering another latter post in the thread

Don't give up so quick pickup. This could all be part of ties great cover up---- just like that supposed astronauts landing on the moon thing was years ago. :wink2:

P.S. Get well soon tie

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The posts of Socks had been driving me crazy for a few days. I could not figure out why they were so familiar. Then last night it came to me and I asked. So all you guys that are jumping on Pickup chill. He is not the only one that thought this.
Does this mean we can jump on you ? :thumbsup:

Interesting question. I really hope you don't believe the theme of my posts has been to bash the unions or the fine people that work for us. I can appreciate the benifits of collective bargaining that the union offers I have problems with some of the anti company dialogue and actions that comes as a result. I've had my issues with the brainwashed union goons but overall love and admire the folks in brown who I believe come in and emulate Casey's vision of an employee that can be a good union person and a good upser.

I've been out of the game since mid September. moved my daughter into vet school. came back and came down with a staph infection that took weeks to diagnose as part of a medical condition known as endocarditis. Basically the infection attacked my aortic heart valve. Resulted in open heart surgery and my valve getting replaced. I'm now in the convalescence stage of post op sitting at home and staring at the walls and trying to rebuild my strength. Its been a hell of a journey this past month and one I did not see coming. I've always been the type that never saw a doctor and went eighteen years since my last sick day. This little adventure has put me in touch with my own mortality and again given me reason to appreciate my one and only wife and the the enormous help she has been to me as I went through this and the tremendous help she has been as I go through recovery.

One correction on the chat room. My point in the chat room is that I had no problem with Sober ups but the point I felt I was not allowed to use the same message board posting tactics here that he was.

Overall not in the mood to debate still enjoy popping in and reading the thoughts of others here.

Tie, Take the time you need to get well. I've gone through triple bypass surgery twice and recovery comes one day at a time. Sitting at home and staring at the walls and trying to get your strength...there is no better way to describe it. I also am blessed with a wife that provided enormous help all the way through recovery. You will start to feel like you can conquer the world again then your body wipes out that idea in about 15 minutes. Ups never pressured me to come back until the doctors said it was ok and they were very supportive. I hope it is no different with you as you are in management. Anyway I wish the best for you.

P

pickup

Don't give up so quick pickup. This could all be part of ties great cover up---- just like that supposed astronauts landing on the moon thing was years ago. :wink2:

that was cia disinformation rod, not only did we land then , we have been landing there at least 5 times a years for the last four decades. Now that the chinese and indians are sniffing around the moon, we blew up our space base on october 10th under the guise of trying to find water so they can't find out what we were up to all that time.
P.S. Get well soon tie

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The disappearing posts were my fault.

We got a couple of complaints this morning about upssocks' avatar. I was on my way out the door when I saw the complaints so I put upssocks into the universal ignore list rather than doing anything more serious like deleting posts. This seemed like a reasonable thing to do at the time. I had planned to pm upssocks tonight after familiarizing myself with the posts he already had made.

I'm sorry that my actions contributed to the confusion. The mods had nothing to do with it.

:peaceful:

satellitedriver

I wish I had the opportunity to bet my next paycheck on it
Good thing you missed that golden opportunity, pickup.
Diagnosis without full examination is malpractice.
Tie,
Damn the luck,
There is nothing like a near death experience to awaken one to the beauty, and fragility, of life.
I truly hope that you heal swiftly and completely.
Life is not measured in years, it is measured in those rare moments when you love and know you are loved.
Best Regards,
Steve

over9five

Staff member
Yikes! Tie forgive my PM!!!

I sent Tie a PM (well before this thread began) BERATING him for taking a Brown Cafe vacation!

Sorry Tie, get well quick!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Good thing you missed that golden opportunity, pickup.
Diagnosis without full examination is malpractice.
Tie,
Damn the luck,
There is nothing like a near death experience to awaken one to the beauty, and fragility, of life.
I truly hope that you heal swiftly and completely.
Life is not measured in years, it is measured in those rare moments when you love and know you are loved.
Best Regards,
Steve
What a great way to put it. :happy2:

trickpony1

Tie-
You and I have exchanged words in the past, some of which weren't exactly pleasant. I sincerely hope you fully recover and resume your life. I imagine what you've been through isn't anything to mess with.

On a side note, I was actually thinking that socks was another management poster who is retired. I can't remember his user name but it had something to do with owning a chevrolet high performance sports car.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Get well Tie. May we all be so blessed as you, but before we need surgery to show us the light.