Are we in trouble?

jaker

trolling
I was reading the article in the Wall Street journal and it seems as if our future is in jeopardy. What do you guys think
In jeopardy of what the sky falling , the world ending , computers taking over supervisors jobs

What the suspense is killing me like the vagueness of your post

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
What the suspense is killing me like the vagueness of your post
What was vague about his post? He is referring to the news story on the front page here at BC...

http://online.wsj.com/articles/for-ups-e-commerce-brings-big-business-and-big-problems-1410489642

The WSJ is ridiculously influential in the business world. Powerful people who matter read it. That being said the piece made it clear the Journal was having a slow news day. It made it sound like we were in some kind of crisis because some businesses were trialing other delivery companies/methods, but only briefly mentioned that we are generating billions in revenue and continuing to grow.

O

OLDMAN3

I loved when the Sears and JCPenney catalogs came out for Christmas!!!
1975 Sears catalog page...
brownandgreen.JPG

O

OLDMAN3

3 Reasons United Parcel Service's Stock Could Rise
The takeaway
All told, the global trade environment looks better for UPS, and the ongoing strength in e-commerce growth should be seen as a positive. Nobody likes taking short-term earnings hits, but UPS' investment plans are in line with the need to adjust to a change in end demand. In the long term, increased volume growth (from B2C e-commerce) is a good thing, and gives UPS the opportunity to increase margins going forward due to the investments it's making right now.

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...-united-parcel-services-stock-could-rise.aspx

barnyard

KTM rider
The article also pointed out the revenue per package is dropping. We are moving lots and lots, but at thinner and thinner margins. There are only 2 ways to fatten margins, cut costs or raise rates.

oldngray

nowhere special
The article also pointed out the revenue per package is dropping. We are moving lots and lots, but at thinner and thinner margins. There are only 2 ways to fatten margins, cut costs or raise rates.

UPS really doesn't want to delivery those little low profit ground packages ant more. They want international and freight. Or just morph into a pure logistics company that doesn't even deliver anything but tells everyone else how to do it.