Are we in trouble?

thessalonian13

1975 Sears catalog page...
brownandgreen.JPG
I want these to be our uniforms.

Expect lots of scare tactics when it comes to investing in ups stocks.

Did you hear that ups had its best year ever?

They made a billion and would have paid it out to the investors BUT... They threw 500 million back into the big brown machine to make more money this peak season.

So ahem we are not doing good...don't buy ups stock when it's cheap. Wait till next year, I'll sell you my stock for 150$ A share ok?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
"Founded in 1907, UPS is the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services."

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/about/history/index.html?WT.svl=SubNav[/quote]
UPS can claim this because they deliver more packages than any other carrier. Deutsche Post DHL delivers packages and mail. The package side of Deutsche Post DHL is DHL.

UPS delivers 16.9 million packages per day. Deutsche Post DHL delivers 3.4 million packages per day. This does not include the 64 million letters per day.

UPS is comparing itself to the package delivery side of the Deutsche Post DHL. UPS is larger than DHL. UPS is not larger than Deutsche Post DHL. Semantics

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
UPS can claim this because they deliver more packages than any other carrier. Deutsche Post DHL delivers packages and mail. The package side of Deutsche Post DHL is DHL.

UPS delivers 16.9 million packages per day. Deutsche Post DHL delivers 3.4 million packages per day. This does not include the 64 million letters per day.

UPS is comparing itself to the package delivery side of the Deutsche Post DHL. UPS is larger than DHL. UPS is not larger than Deutsche Post DHL. Semantics

annie345

If we lose amazon we will be hurting.. A lot of ppl will be laid off. They account for a large portion of volume. Its being talked about that amazon is trying to start delivering their own pkgs.. That's what I'm just worried about... Also the technology being created by ups that will eliminate jobs and replace people with machines.. There are centers like that now and that's the direction ups is trying to go.. The problem with ups is that it's a publicly traded company and now the bottom dollar is the only thing that matters anymore.. You can't provide great service when you're being rushed to save a dollar.. And most of the time the company isn't even saving a dollar doing things the way they do

MobileBA

"Sorry I couldn't respond faster. I was paging through my Montgomery Ward catalog."

That is so funny, thanks for the laugh.

Bitcoinz

They wanted my "Avatar" pic.
All I can say, for what I've been saying of late. UPS is taking this season VERY SERIOUSLY. In the almost 7 years I've been there I've never seen so many drivers being hired. They want this new contract and amazon contract to work.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I use the peapod service from Stop & Shop. It's not about laziness. It takes me about 90 minutes to grocery shop plus the drive there and back...and my weekends are short and precious. I'd rather be kicking a soccer ball around with my little guy.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

tarbar66

Look what happened at my house today! My Choice said I would be getting 3 ground packages today (03's) and 1 Surepost tomorrow. maybe the system does work!

10/09/2014 1:34 P.M. Delivered
10/09/2014 5:54 A.M. Out For Delivery
10/09/2014 5:53 A.M. We'll be in your area and will deliver your UPS SurePost package instead of the post office.
10/09/2014 3:36 A.M. Arrival Scan