Are We Working Today? ( Labor Day Means Labor To UPS)

Satuirus2000

Here in Local 89 we always work the "lesser holidays," i.e Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc but then we have the next day off. I guess most don't care because you get double time for the day. The ones that don't care about that just don't show up anyway.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
hey!!! Im a working girl too !
2014-09-01-19-45-11-935528584.jpeg
Here ya go...

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
That chart is confusing to me. Is it 60 hours or 70?

If one has a helper, isn't that a passenger?
It's 60 hours in a 7 day period, unless the company qualifies for and declares they are using 70 hours in 8 days. AFAIK UPS is 60/7

I'm pretty sure a helper is an employee, not a passenger.

After reaching the limit (60 or 70), you cannot drive on the public roadway anymore. You can still drive on company property (shifting feeders, for example), or work inside. You must have proper 34 hour break before restarting driving duties.

Last edited:

710 steward

If you believe there won't be an operation on December 25th in the very soon future, you are mistaken. December 25th is a Christian holiday and UPS is NOT a Christian company. Amazon has changed the way we do business moving forward. Holidays may be a thing of the past if we all aren't careful.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
If we ever had to work Christmas it would be a PR nightmare.

They would have the media "randomly" interview an "average driver" that would wax poetically about how we are "all about service" and how we are "dedicated to making sure everyone gets their Christmas present." Then they would interview an "average customer" that would gush about how "our driver is so wonderful and UPS cares so much about the customer."

The next sound you would hear is every UPS employee not involved with the above farce puking their guts out because no amount of over time could make that crap sandwich palatable.