Are You A Convict Or An Inmate At UPS?

A

anonymous6

Just finished watching a very interesting show on the prison system.

The speaker was explaining that there are two types of prisoners at most prisons that keep separate from each other and sometimes clash.

CONVICT: These are the old timers who like to keep to themselves and just do their time. They don't complain but can TCB ( take care of business) when they have to. They are generally regarded as STAND UP GUYS.

INMATE: These are generally newcomers. They file grievances on every litlle thing and whine alot. they don;t know much about the prison system and don't get along with the old timers. They are generally regarded as trouble makers.

these are their words ( from my fading memory )

So Which One Are You?

A Convict or a Inmate ???????????

Me? I started out as a Convict ( having worked for 25 years before joining UPS and 12 years as a driver for non -union companies.

But now I would probably have to say that I am in between a Convict and an Inmate.

i think I have been hearing so much whining and crying the last couple years, that it has become contagious !

Sammie

Let's see,

Strictly timed

Cameras are everywhere

A tier system

Mandatory uniforms

Complete long stretches at a time

Obligatory lunch times

Every day is spent staying positive and hoping it will be over soon

Deprived of a range of personal freedoms

Call me an escapee!!!

(Trick stole my line...)

upsgrunt

Convict in solitary confinement.
It's a good thing because I don't want to be around anything or anybody that will add time to my sentence.
I am at the point I just want to serve my time and be free.

A

anonymous6

I'm a Lifer, just doing my time...........

Isn't it amusing that there are a lot of prison references in our everyday conversations.

"How much time do you have left?" ( meaning to retirement )

"I'm a lifer."

" I can't quit because of these golden handcuffs."

'I'm just doing my time , man ."

are we in a prison?