Are You A Convict Or An Inmate At UPS?

A

anonymous6

Anyone that would liken prison to working at UPS never did a day of time in their life. If you did, you wouldn't compare the two. I never spent time in a prison cell, but know enough about it that working at UPS is a privilege and not forced time.

If you think working at UPS is so bad that it compares to prison time, then I think you are soarly mistaken. I know most are saying it with tongue in cheek, but its still way off base.

i agree with you all the way. i have done a couple days in jail several times for minor alcohol related things, like drunk in public, disorderly, etc back in the old days ( having too much fun was the real crime )

anyway, even a day is HELL, even in the lowly county jail. so much noise and idiots. me included at the time.

I thought this would be an interesting discussion making an analogy of prison life to UPS life. You have to admit, there are a lot of similarities?

OP

browniehound

i agree with you all the way. i have done a couple days in jail several times for minor alcohol related things, like drunk in public, disorderly, etc back in the old days ( having too much fun was the real crime )

anyway, even a day is HELL, even in the lowly county jail. so much noise and idiots. me included at the time.

I thought this would be an interesting discussion making an analogy of prison life to UPS life. You have to admit, there are a lot of similarities?

OP

I'm sorry OP, but I totally disagree with you. There are very LITTLE similarities between working ot UPS and being sent to prison.

I can start that you are forced to spend 16-23 hours/day with another criminal in the space about the size of your package car. That includes all restroom functions in a cell the size of a P1000.

I don't think I have to list anything else because the above statement says enough, I believe.

I'll list one more to emphasize my setiments. A prisoner in a minimum security prison earns about $8/day to pick up trash on the highway and get Mcdonalds or Dunkin' Donuts for lunch as a PRIVELEDGE!

I don't know about you, but I try to avoid places like because of the fat content.

DS

Fenderbender
Although we are all inmates,
we are indeed prisoners of our own device in this institution.This is an interesting thread I think.
If there is one thing that differentiates the two it's the monotony one experiences in jail. It's mind numbingly boring.
Its like we're all on the temporary absence program, except instead of doing our time on weekends ,we do it 5 days a week instead.We get paid,
and we dont have to eat balogna and cheese sandwiches .
Although theres nothing wrong with that.:happy2:

I know what we should do. Let's start a thread that is intended to be light hearted to say the least and down right funny on the max. Then we can get someone to come into the thread and suck all the fun out of it. Yeah, that's the ticket.

backinbrown

respect my authority
I'm sorry OP, but I totally disagree with you. There are very LITTLE similarities between working ot UPS and being sent to prison.

I can start that you are forced to spend 16-23 hours/day with another criminal in the space about the size of your package car. That includes all restroom functions in a cell the size of a P1000.

I don't think I have to list anything else because the above statement says enough, I believe.

I'll list one more to emphasize my setiments. A prisoner in a minimum security prison earns about $8/day to pick up trash on the highway and get Mcdonalds or Dunkin' Donuts for lunch as a PRIVELEDGE!

I don't know about you, but I try to avoid places like because of the fat content.

I thought the poster intended the post to be humorous

now we cant joke around, cmon now it was meant to be light hearted

i am pretty sure people realize the difference between UPS and prison but can we not light heartedly compare the two for our own pleasure without fear of prosecution and jail time.

whats next?

damn it was cold in my house today

oh now you think its cold what about the homeless

while you sit in your heated home there are homeless people freezing and you want to say you are cold in your house

were does it stop a joke is a joke

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I thought the poster intended the post to be humorous

now we cant joke around, cmon now it was meant to be light hearted

i am pretty sure people realize the difference between UPS and prison but can we not light heartedly compare the two for our own pleasure without fear of prosecution and jail time.

whats next?

damn it was cold in my house today

oh now you think its cold what about the homeless

while you sit in your heated home there are homeless people freezing and you want to say you are cold in your house

were does it stop a joke is a joke
boy ,,,am I hungry!! oh ohh

backinbrown

respect my authority
boy ,,,am I hungry!! oh ohh

Hungry you dont know what hunger is

compare yourself to the homeless who are hungry how dare you you don't have a clue what hungry is

what about the family that cant afford bread they are hungry you should be ashamed to say you are hungry:wink2:

backinbrown

respect my authority
yeah!! we are probaly looking at august for Ice Out!! forget fishing,lets all meet at the Maine Dinah drivah.....

cove next time you come up let us know mayby we can have a mini meet

i don't think i am going on cruise as much as i know it will be fun. and i will regret not going.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We had a Red Lobster when we first came to CA. in '91....it has since closed and the only one I've seen is way too far to drive just to go to dinner.......but we still see all the TV ads for them.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Do you have any seafood restaurants in BFE? :funny:
Ya actually. We have a Sizzlers (like Red Lobster but I don't think as good) and one ma/pa type restuarant (high end). Nic's is very very good but one of those places that you go for an occasion not every night or every week for that matter.