Are you a jerk to...

Logb17

I am a cover driver. I once left a pee bottle on accident in a truck(rural route). You would have thought the world ended. This little bitch went around crying to everyone, shop stewards, management, everyone! pusillanimous should have just came up to me like a man and told me what
I had forgotten. To this day he still won't talk to me or make eye contact when he walks by.

I once also left my map book in a car. The driver comes up and tosses it on the desk next to where im standing. Eyeballs me for a second then walks out of the office. I just don't understand some drivers. There are a couple I would like to punch outside of work.

balland chain

Yeah, some drivers are just plain A**holes..If i ever had a problem with another driver, be it a cover or regular driver, I would go to that driver and talk to them.. Some of the guys I work with, just dont have the B**ls to approach a coworker, they run to management and cry and whine about it.. these are grown men who just dont havea back bone !!

MethodsMan

I am a cover driver. I once left a pee bottle on accident in a truck(rural route). You would have thought the world ended. This little bitch went around crying to everyone, shop stewards, management, everyone! pusillanimous should have just came up to me like a man and told me what
I had forgotten. To this day he still won't talk to me or make eye contact when he walks by.

I once also left my map book in a car. The driver comes up and tosses it on the desk next to where im standing. Eyeballs me for a second then walks out of the office. I just don't understand some drivers. There are a couple I would like to punch outside of work.

I get glares from the safety people sometimes.

You just have to accept that some people aren't going to like you and move on. Takes me about a split second and I'm over it. For every cool driver there's a D-bag. Kinda like life outside of work. I'm sure every work place environment is like this in some capacity.

oldngray

nowhere special
Cover drivers hated my routes. It was OK for me because I knew it so well but definitely not an easy route if you don't really know it. I would try to explain details to cover drivers but if they screwed over my route and I spent the next week straightening out their screw ups and and tripping over their trash I wouldn't help them again. The ones who cared about doing the job correctly I would always help. I didn't care what their numbers looked like on paper as long as they did everything as its supposed to be done.

gingerkat

It's very difficult to see another persons point of view, but you should try. With that being said, if I had to look at or throw out someone else's bodily fluids, you can bet I wouldn't be that thrilled either. Some things, just aren't that easily overlooked.

brostalss

I used to destroy routes as utility. I was young and cocky. Some liked me doing their routes, some didn't. The seasoned veterans didn't care how fast I did their route. I didn't get complaints or DFU's for them. After some time, the route drivers asked me to do their routes because they knew I would take care of them.

I used to ask to the customers how does your route driver do it or what time does he show up? Customers and driver both were happy campers.