Are you fit for command?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by pickup, Apr 13, 2009.

1. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

From time to time, we get inquisitive souls posting here asking about the pros and cons of becoming a manager in some capacity at ups. Well, who better than Mr. Vader , himself, to explain what it is like on the DARK SIDE

2. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

Thanks for that, Pickup. Or, should we be calling you Mr. Vader? :surprised:

3. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

i see my alter avatar is now in your rogues gallery. Nice touch with the ups logo on the helmet.
  4. ih8tbrn

ih8tbrn Banned

He'll probably get a 10 day suspension now.
  5. dragracer66

dragracer66 Active Member

When I started 20 yrs ago it was the thing to do. I never did it (no interest). The company threw alot of money your way, gave you alot of stock and people were living fat. Now fast forward to today no raises , no 401k match, and if you piss off the wrong person your supervising the carwash in Juneau Alaska!!! I have friends who did it and wished they didn't. I'm glad with the choice I made and I'll be retired at 51.... So no I'm not fit for command, hell I'm barely fit type this without spelling anything wrong!!!!
  6. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

I see that my alter avatar is only two removed from diligaf's in your rogues gallery. the only thing between me and her is a martian and misguided boston red sox's fan. The force is strong in these two but nothing can beat the power of the dark side. I will eventually get to dilligaf and force her to reveal the location of what planet the rebels forces are hiding. Once I crush the rebellion, nothing will be able to stop the empire!:greedy:
  7. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

8. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Obsessed with a cartoon. I bet you had the hots for Betty Boop and Olive Oyle didn't you.
  9. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Oh come on now, Olive was tall, too skinny and ugly too. I thougt Betty Boop was hot till I saw Jessica Rabbit.
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Misguided Boston Red Sox fan?
  11. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

I realize that is redundant, sort of like saying wet water (no need for the adjective, implied in the noun)
  12. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

Olive Oil, sigh.... wotta dame!
  13. UPSNewbie

UPSNewbie New Member

Don't talk about drewed that way.