Are you Gellin'?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Do you use gel inserts at work?

I've been using
1101732059.jpg
but today I went to New England's big fair (The Big E) and one of the displays was for this liquid gel insole thing where it's like you're walking on a waterbed. They're $25 a set and have a 3 year warranty. Anyone try anything like this? It felt weird and took some getting used to at first trying to walk on them without getting distracted.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Do you use gel ins eForrts at work?

I've been using
1101732059.jpg
but toda y I went to New England's big fair (The Big E) and one of the displays was for this liquid gel insole thing where it's like you're walking on a waterbed. They're $25 a set and have a 3 year warranty. Anyone try anything like this? It felt weird and took some getting used to at first trying to walk on them without getting distracted.
Lol the Dr Scholls work insoles are the exact ones I've been buying for the last 8 years...along with the same exact brand Brahma boots from Walmart. I can get 4-6 months outta them. Don't ever buy the generic store brand version of the gel insoles...they'll fall apart in a month. I learned that the hard way...don't ever skimp a few bucks when it comes to your feet!!!

oldngray

nowhere special
Lol the Dr Scholls work insoles are the exact ones I've been buying for the last 8 years. I can get 5-6 months outta them. Don't every buy thr generic store brand version...they'll fall apart in a month. I learned that the hard way...don't ever skimp a few bucks when it comes to your feet!!!!

Those cheap foam inserts are a waste of money but the good gel ones are definitely worth it.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Lol the Dr Scholls work insoles are the exact ones I've been buying for the last 8 years...along with the same exact brand Brahma boots from Walmart. I can get 5-6 months outta them. Don't ever buy the generic store brand version...they'll fall apart in a month. I learned that the hard way...don't ever skimp a few bucks when it comes to your feet!!!
Yeah I use the Dr Sholls, only the name brand and they last about 3 months before either I wear through them or they smell too badly to continue on. They feel good on my feet, but my wife and mother in law saw this display for a single chamber liquid gel thing like a waterbed so I'm trying it out. It was really distracting for the first 15 minutes walking around. Not sure how it will work when trying to use them for work.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Those cheap foam inserts are a waste of money but the good gel ones are definitely worth it.
Even the generic gel insoles...I bought the Target brand once...they were 5 bucks cheaper than the Dr Scholls...but I barely got a month out of them. Sometimes name brands are better.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I use those Dr. Sholl's, but I need to try something else. My feet have been killing me, had to get steroid prescription last.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yeah I use the Dr Sholls, only the name brand and they last about 3 months before either I wear through them or they smell too badly to continue on. They feel good on my feet, but my wife and mother in law saw this display for a single chamber liquid gel thing like a waterbed so I'm trying it out. It was really distracting for the first 15 minutes walking around. Not sure how it will work when trying to use them for work.
I have a bad ankle....old injury that never healed right. I go strictly for comfort when it comes to my feet.

BigBeef42

I used to buy the insoles... last year i made the leap to custom fit orthotics.

Helps my back out bigtime. Aligns your whole body differently

Sent using Ink and Canvas

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I would see a podiatrist first before just getting shots and anything else. There are insoles and arch supports for everyone, but everyone's feet are different.

Also, buying good work shoes or boots is important. I've gotten three years out of my Thorogoods and haven't had them repaired yet, still look great.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I would see a podiatrist first before just getting shots and anything else. There are insoles and arch supports for everyone, but everyone's feet are different.

Also, buying good work shoes or boots is important. I've gotten three years out of my Thorogoods and haven't had them repaired yet, still look great.
I get my cortisone shots from my podiatrist.

Nostromo

I haven't had the need for new insoles as I'm still wearing out my semi new pair of Irish heritage (red wings) boots.

Sent using Morse code