Are you Gellin'?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Sep 20, 2014.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Do you use gel inserts at work?

I've been using [​IMG] but today I went to New England's big fair (The Big E) and one of the displays was for this liquid gel insole thing where it's like you're walking on a waterbed. They're $25 a set and have a 3 year warranty. Anyone try anything like this? It felt weird and took some getting used to at first trying to walk on them without getting distracted.

2. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

I might have to try those. I buy New Balance insoles, they're $40 and great.

3. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Lol the Dr Scholls work insoles are the exact ones I've been buying for the last 8 years...along with the same exact brand Brahma boots from Walmart. I can get 4-6 months outta them. Don't ever buy the generic store brand version of the gel insoles...they'll fall apart in a month. I learned that the hard way...don't ever skimp a few bucks when it comes to your feet!!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Those cheap foam inserts are a waste of money but the good gel ones are definitely worth it.

5. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Yeah I use the Dr Sholls, only the name brand and they last about 3 months before either I wear through them or they smell too badly to continue on. They feel good on my feet, but my wife and mother in law saw this display for a single chamber liquid gel thing like a waterbed so I'm trying it out. It was really distracting for the first 15 minutes walking around. Not sure how it will work when trying to use them for work.

6. bleedinbrown58

Even the generic gel insoles...I bought the Target brand once...they were 5 bucks cheaper than the Dr Scholls...but I barely got a month out of them. Sometimes name brands are better.

7. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

I use those Dr. Sholl's, but I need to try something else. My feet have been killing me, had to get steroid prescription last.

8. bleedinbrown58

I have a bad ankle....old injury that never healed right. I go strictly for comfort when it comes to my feet.

9. bleedinbrown58

Cortisone shots are miracles...I get one in my ankle and knee 3 times a year.

10. bleedinbrown58

You wear boots or sneakers to work?

11. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

I was wearing New Balance, but switched to a light boot to see if that helped with the pain.

That's next if the steroids don't help.

12. bleedinbrown58

Get a shot...Teamcare covers it...it's 45 seconds of pain for a month of a lot less pain and swelling.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

I'll definitely do that next.

14. BigBeef42

BigBeef42 Active Member

I used to buy the insoles... last year i made the leap to custom fit orthotics.

Helps my back out bigtime. Aligns your whole body differently

Sent using Ink and Canvas

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Sleeve_meet_Heart

I would see a podiatrist first before just getting shots and anything else. There are insoles and arch supports for everyone, but everyone's feet are different.

Also, buying good work shoes or boots is important. I've gotten three years out of my Thorogoods and haven't had them repaired yet, still look great.

16. bleedinbrown58

I get my cortisone shots from my podiatrist.

17. Sleeve_meet_Heart

right on...I've never seen one so should keep my big mouth shut. :)

18. Nostromo

Nostromo Member

I haven't had the need for new insoles as I'm still wearing out my semi new pair of Irish heritage (red wings) boots.

Sent using Morse code

19. Whoops.