Are you happy with the direction the "Brown" Cafe is taking?

What statement bests describes your position on BC?

• PLEASE put (UPS) Brown back into "Brown" Cafe!

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • Let's change "BC" to industry wide site!

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I could care less!

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Just keep it as Browncafe and let it evolve naturally.

Votes: 53 60.2%

• Total voters

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I havent been on much lately. I try to keep up, but havent read much of the fed ex forums.
But I know all I do is take out swear words, and personal attacks, but when I post it is my actual feelings, then I am not a mod, just a poster.
I only go to places and post that appeal to me, or I think I have something of value to say. I really dont get the hostility, I just dont go to things that are of no interest to me.
I also remember the post that didnt like moreluck posting recipes. Duh, why, if you dont cook dont go. I know Ive been there a few times when I needed a killer dish, but other than that its not somewhere I go alot, but it in no way diminishes the parts of browncafe, that I read. But when needed its there.
Maybe I've missed something. .
I agree, we should just let it evolve.
The person who started this site, started it because of her famuily ties within UPS. And we have all enjoyed it, myself immensely. And while it has evolved to be something way bigger than I ever thought, I can still stay in my own little world and just read, what I like and communicate with who I like. And just moderate what does not belong on a family friendly site. I actually cant believe this thread has continued to the point it has:surprised:

brazenbrown

I havent been on much lately. I try to keep up, but havent read much of the fed ex forums.
But I know all I do is take out swear words, and personal attacks, but when I post it is my actual feelings, then I am not a mod, just a poster.
I only go to places and post that appeal to me, or I think I have something of value to say. I really dont get the hostility, I just dont go to things that are of no interest to me.
I also remember the post that didnt like moreluck posting recipes. Duh, why, if you dont cook dont go. I know Ive been there a few times when I needed a killer dish, but other than that its not somewhere I go alot, but it in no way diminishes the parts of browncafe, that I read. But when needed its there.
The person who started this site, started it because of her famuily ties within UPS. And we have all enjoyed it, myself immensely. And while it has evolved to be something way bigger than I ever thought, I can still stay in my own little world and just read, what I like and communicate with who I like. And just moderate what does not belong on a family friendly site. I actually cant believe this thread has continued to the point it has:surprised:

EXCELLENT!! I CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME SEE WHY IT'S GONE ON AND ON AND ON AND ON...EITHER! GOOD POST TOONER.

JustTired

free at last.......
Why don't we take advantage of an old joke and change the name to the "Fed-ups Cafe"? Oh wait! We couldn't have Fedex getting top billing!!

In all honesty, I can see Ties point. That being said, the change will not stop me from coming here. If I want to visit the Fedex forums here, I will. If I don't, I won't. I just don't see the point in everybody getting there panties in a bunch. As I say with every change made........ in business and government.....good and bad....."THAT'S PROGRESS!"

B

Brown Blooded

If and when FDX gets a visit from the teamsters don't you think that it would benefit us to have these forums? What better place for FDX employees to have a venue to discuss the ramifications of becoming a union shop. You know as well as I that this would be a benefit to us as much as for them to have this type of venue. Remember how heated and busy it got in here before contract time. Imagine yourself, 705red, local 804 and others giving advice to FDX ground drivers trying to organize their workplace...:happy2:

As I told fedxemployee when they are union then we can compare real apples to apples as we're kicking their :censored2:!

GO UPS!!

That's what I was thinking. Having Brown Teamsters encourage FedEx ground employees to organize is a win win for both UPSers and FedEx ground employees. The only people that should be unhappy is FedEx Mgt. If having a place to get information and encouragement to organize somehow helps them then why wouldn't we want to let them use the guest room?

browniehound

I think it should be "UPS Browncafe" I think the forum should primarily about UPS and for UPS employees. A section dedicated to competion would be OK also.

tieguy

Banned

tooner this issue is not meant to be a slam on cheryls hard work. its meant to discuss and debate a change in the site that I feel changes it from a ups site to an industry site. The comments about this just being another one of many complaints got me a little miffed but I tried to move past that point because I don't want this to be an attack on cheryl's hard work.

There should be a process where we the members can discuss changes to the site and voice our objections when it makes what we consider a radical change from its past without our stepping on any toes. :happy-very:

Again this is not a slam on cheryls hard work, not an attempt to block fdx posters but an objection to making a change that changes this site from a ups info for upsers site to an industry site.

tieguy

Banned
EXCELLENT!! I CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME SEE WHY IT'S GONE ON AND ON AND ON AND ON...EITHER! GOOD POST TOONER.

honestly Brazen? I think you have to take your share of the credit. After all you did make your multi-quote posts here as if you thought you were someones defense lawyer doing a cross examination?

tieguy

Banned
That's what I was thinking. Having Brown Teamsters encourage FedEx ground employees to organize is a win win for both UPSers and FedEx ground employees. The only people that should be unhappy is FedEx Mgt. If having a place to get information and encouragement to organize somehow helps them then why wouldn't we want to let them use the guest room?

And again they had the means to post here on the competition thread before we made the change to an industry site.

ImpactedTSG

I may be way off base, but more members and more traffic = more advertising $$$. Why wouldn't they want more people here even if it means having a multi-vendor membership?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
This has gone far enough...

I am one person and I created this entire dog and pony show while sitting in my pjs in my kitchen. I do take this stuff personally and this is the first time since I started this site that reading posts here actually made me cry.

I don't even know what to say. I am so hurt and disappointed by all of this...

Where exactly has the brown been taken out of brown cafe? Every page of the site mentions or links to something about UPS... There's a brown truck on the top left corner of every page...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
tooner this issue is not meant to be a slam on cheryls hard work. its meant to discuss and debate a change in the site that I feel changes it from a ups site to an industry site. The comments about this just being another one of many complaints got me a little miffed but I tried to move past that point because I don't want this to be an attack on cheryl's hard work.

There should be a process where we the members can discuss changes to the site and voice our objections when it makes what we consider a radical change from its past without our stepping on any toes. :happy-very:

Again this is not a slam on cheryls hard work, not an attempt to block fdx posters but an objection to making a change that changes this site from a ups info for upsers site to an industry site.
Tie, I agree we should have a place to let all know how we feel about changes to a site, who some, and definetely you, have been a part of longer than I have. And one of the rareitys~ of this site, is if you email the administrator, you will get a personal reply. ...........
With that being said, I never thought you were attacking Cheryl, or her efforts. And I doubt she does either. And based on her post, she laid out the reasons why she has made the changes she has. And as she reads the feelings in the posts about the subject, she may make changes, or not. I liked the smaller site, and I also liked it when no one got nasty. So many attacks as others have mentioned, that a more timid person who may have something of importance to say, may be too intimidated to post. That is the only part that I would prefer to change.

brazenbrown

honestly Brazen? I think you have to take your share of the credit. After all you did make your multi-quote posts here as if you thought you were someones defense lawyer doing a cross examination?

Call it what you want who cares. I'm still coming to the Browncafe and will enjoy my time here. I'm DONE!

I am one person that created this entire dog and pony show while sitting in my pjs in my kitchen. This is the first time since I started this site that reading posts here actually made me cry.

I'm sorry if I was part of the reason for upsetting you. You do one heck of job and I really appreciate having the Browncafe to come to.

Brazen

diesel96

I am one person that created this entire dog and pony show while sitting in my pjs in my kitchen. This is the first time since I started this site that reading posts here actually made me cry.

Where exactly has brown been taken out of brown cafe? Every page of the site mentions or links to something about UPS... There's a brown truck on the top left corner of every page...

Cheryl. Don't change a thing. I find this site very fulfilling and informative. One of my favorite motto's goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". You've given alot of us something to look forward to when life slows down a moment and allows us to interact with your dog and pony show and thus becomes an outlet of unlimited and untapped info,opinions,links,and self research. I just want to thank you personally for keeping a good thing going and making better use of my downtime. Cheer Up:happy2:

UPS Lifer

Call it what you want who cares. I'm still coming to the Browncafe and will enjoy my time here. I'm DONE!

I'm sorry if I was part of the reason for upsetting you. You do one heck of job and I really appreciate having the Browncafe to come to.

Brazen

Cheryl,
I can only speak for myself... I am embarrassed. You have opened your home to us. You have been a gracious hostess. You are so good at this that I feel it is my home! You make us feel that we are part of your family. I am a guest here and I should act appropriately and show respect to such a warm and gracious hostess. You do everything you can to make us feel welcome. I do not want to abuse that. Please accept my apology.

Some times this sterile environment makes us feel that we can say or do anything we please. We continue to forget that there are real people typing these words and if we were face to face with them would we really act this way???? Again my apology....

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thanks for all your hard work Cheryl.

:clap::yes::thumbup:

Obviously, I spend a lot of time here on the BC. I don't go to any other sites and post or chat. This is the only one for me !!

Luv ya !!

tieguy

Banned

I am one person and I created this entire dog and pony show while sitting in my pjs in my kitchen. I do take this stuff personally and this is the first time since I started this site that reading posts here actually made me cry.

Where exactly has the brown been taken out of brown cafe? Every page of the site mentions or links to something about UPS... There's a brown truck on the top left corner of every page...

Well that was certainly never my intent. I sincerely apologize for any heart ache I have created for you. I'll certainly try to be less controversial in the future. Your post should be the final word on this subject as you asked.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Thanks for the kind words but that stuff makes me kind of uncomfortable. I wasn't looking for accolades or reassurance.

I want to make it clear to tieguy, over9five and everyone else that has declared that some sort of sacrilegious act has been committed that they are speaking about my decision to add a FedEx sub forum to this site. It wasn't the moderators decision so for goodness sake quit bullying them. No committee was consulted, the decision was made by me. I didn't agonize over it but I also didn't anticipate that there would be so much anger and negativity because of it.

Please feel free to express your opinions about the FedEx subforums, positive or negative. I love a good debate and want to understand all sides of this issue. My only request is that we keep it logical and civilized. So far it's been a mosh pit...

barnyard

KTM rider
I'm nosey as hell. I did not want to register at a fredex site, that would be sacrillidge.

I like reading Fredex gossip that comes from the horses mouth.

Tom B

Uncle Rico

Tieguy,
Do you ever go into a store? I would bet you don't use tampons, but they are there for those people who do use them and want to walk down that aisle. As for me, I know that aisle is there, but I choose not to walk down it because I have no need for that particular item. I ignore it, I do not give it any attention.
Who gives a hoot (besides you) that there is a fedex forum on this site? Ignore it. Realize it is there for people who might find it interesting or for those who want it there, but as for you, don't click it. I have worked at both companies and find it easy to read about what the employees of both companies are saying, and it is very similar.
Give it a rest, man.

satellitedriver

As a Mod, I should have paid more attention to this and other threads.
Tooner said it best when speaking about a mods duty.
Clean speech, no flames and no direct insults are allowed.
The Mods do their job on BC with no pay or special favors.
From now on, I will take a little more effort to see that this site is user friendly to all.
I have shown my bad side many times in the past, but since being a Mod, I look at things differently and have tried to mellow my speech.
Having said that, I will use the limited power I have to sheriff discussions to meet Brown Cafe
standards.
Fair warning to all.
PAX