Are you happy with the direction the "Brown" Cafe is taking?

What statement bests describes your position on BC?

• PLEASE put (UPS) Brown back into "Brown" Cafe!

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • Let's change "BC" to industry wide site!

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I could care less!

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Just keep it as Browncafe and let it evolve naturally.

Votes: 53 60.2%

• Total voters

paidslave

another poster who did not understand this is not about fdx but about the change to our site.

fdx was started by Fred S who created a new market and sold it.

fdx shares are not that much higher then ours and are worth less since they have less shares on the market.:peaceful:

A new market? A market where people can trust that the package will be delivered on time in one piece?

People will spend the extra money if they know the company will not distroy there valued possesions and lose business in the interim!

We have major trust issues with the public in the past and I think most of us will agree..ie: damages, lost goods, lies about where there packages are etc...ect....We are slowing improving but the problem is with the reputation of the past......We are all responsible for it including myself.....

I do believe this company really wants and is making a concerted effort to restore trust, very long process!

As for the Market Capitlization UPS has 74 bil. and fedex has 28 bil.

28 bil is not to shabby with only 10 percent of the market!

Lastly, I really don't think it is going to hurt this site but only enhance it a bit by including a FDX board.. I am sure UPS's are interested in the Competition and vice verca.....After all this company is after our business and taking away our jobs!

FAVREFAN

Thank You Cheryl for this great resource. I enjoy hearing all about everything that effects UPSers including all of our competitors efforts to compete with us. I appreciate the time and effort you have put into making this such an informative venue.

ImpactedTSG

Tieguy,
Do you ever go into a store? I would bet you don't use tampons, but they are there for those people who do use them and want to walk down that aisle. As for me, I know that aisle is there, but I choose not to walk down it because I have no need for that particular item. I ignore it, I do not give it any attention.
Who gives a hoot (besides you) that there is a fedex forum on this site? Ignore it. Realize it is there for people who might find it interesting or for those who want it there, but as for you, don't click it. I have worked at both companies and find it easy to read about what the employees of both companies are saying, and it is very similar.
Give it a rest, man.
A *** MEN

tieguy

Banned
Tieguy,
Do you ever go into a store? I would bet you don't use tampons, but they are there for those people who do use them and want to walk down that aisle. As for me, I know that aisle is there, but I choose not to walk down it because I have no need for that particular item. I ignore it, I do not give it any attention.

This is what I don't understand. I've posted my point that this is a change to the site not fdx exclusion yet even after all this time I still recieve responses like this one.

Who gives a hoot (besides you) that there is a fedex forum on this site? Ignore it. .

At last look 21 other people besides myself gave a hoot. The rest of your post to me was a flame. You are allowed to flame me here , I am not allowed to respond to your flame in kind here.

local804

honestly Brazen? I think you have to take your share of the credit. After all you did make your multi-quote posts here as if you thought you were someones defense lawyer doing a cross examination?

I tend to stay away from the childish bickering between grown up adults, hell if I wanted that, Id call my supervisor at lunchtime and he would keep me amused. I personally dont like the way this BC has been going and really do not visit it that much or post besides what has to do with my local. Even though it says i registered in 2005, I was here along time before that under a same name just put together differently. If this type of nonsense continues, people will have no desire to visit this site.

That responce is not for ties statement that I copied. I just want to say I did piss my pants for that comeback though.

brazenbrown

I personally dont like the way this BC has been going and really do not visit it that much or post besides what has to do with my local.

I see the BC only works for you to conduct your union business, and if it wasn't here because Cheryl decided to take it down...what would you do then. You say you really don't like the waythe BC has been going lately...Hmmm what changed?

Even though it says i registered in 2005, I was here along time before that under a same name just put together differently. If this type of nonsense continues, people will have no desire to visit this site..

Then maybe you can find a better UPS forum and tell us all about it.

That responce is not for ties statement that I copied. I just want to say I did piss my pants for that comeback though.

Not sure why you had the bladder problem can you explain?:why:

local804

Well Mr Brazen,
As a union member and NOT a steward, there is NO union business for me to conduct. If I was going to conduct union business, I would prefer using a Teamster forum or would participate in a Union meeting. Back in 2005 there wasnt wise ass posters that over analyze everything that a poster says and changes its meaning, like yourself.

If you really need me to explain the bladder problem joke and cant figure out that ties comment made me laugh, I am sorry I dont know what to tell you.

Ps Stop bringing Cheryl into these post, I think you guys did enough damage.

brazenbrown

Back in 2005 there wasnt wise ass posters that over analyze everything that a poster says and changes its meaning, like yourself.

First of all I was not over analyzing anything. Second, there has always been plenty of posters doing all kinds of"wise ass" things on this site for years. I've been reading these boards for at least 5 years and as far as changing any meaning I don't know what you're talking about.

Ps Stop bringing Cheryl into these post, I think you guys did enough damage.
The only reason I mentioned Cheryl is because I believe her website is getting the raw end of the deal with people like you saying........
"I personally dont like the way this BC has been going and really do not visit it that much or post" or "If this type of nonsense continues, people will have no desire to visit this site." Rather than badmouthing the site why don't you pm her with your concerns??

Analize that!:peaceful:

I've looked around the internet quite a bit for sites where I could read info about and by UPSers. I've learned tons of stuff off this site and feel that it is the best for the conversations and info I want. Having BrandEXers here with or without their own forum included simply does not change that. Tie , this is NOT, I repeat, NOT a slam towards you. The quote "UPS info for UPSERS" is still as valid as ever, the only way to make it more so would to be to include the phrase "plus much much more".

Cheryl, I sure don't wanna make ya uncomfortable but:
hug1.jpg

wkmac

Cheryl. Don't change a thing. I find this site very fulfilling and informative. One of my favorite motto's goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". You've given alot of us something to look forward to when life slows down a moment and allows us to interact with your dog and pony show and thus becomes an outlet of unlimited and untapped info,opinions,links,and self research. I just want to thank you personally for keeping a good thing going and making better use of my downtime. Cheer Up:happy2:

Yeah, he's even learned that not all anti-state/libertarian types are evil/mean/horrible people after all and in fact he shares some common ground as well. But don't spread that rumor at Democrat Underground as they would kick him out of the party!
:happy-very: I know, there's no hope for me but at least I admit it!:laughing:

Hey wait a minute, what happened to the beer toasting icon when I need it? Now that does it, I'm sick and tired of the changes this website is taking. I mean to take away my beer icon is just the last straw. This outfit is going downhill to a non-drinkers website. What's next, an anti-beer drinking forum! It's a communist conspiracy, that's what it is. I'm sick and ...........

Just funin' cheryl and hoping I caused a smile if not a laugh for a moment. Thanks for all you do and putting up with us when we do from time to time act like a bunch of babies and yes WE all do so don't start with me.

D! No beer drinking toast icon for ya but here's to you anyway. We differ but keep it up as I enjoy the challenge to make me think and to pull you from the darkside.
:bow: to me! Luke, I am your father!

LMAO!!!!!!

Just wish I had better competition from time to time.

OOOppps. You didn't see me say that!

:happy-very:

Be cool!

local804

The only reason I mentioned Cheryl is because I believe her website is getting the raw end of the deal with people like you saying........
"I personally dont like the way this BC has been going and really do not visit it that much or post" or "If this type of nonsense continues, people will have no desire to visit this site." Rather than badmouthing the site why don't you pm her with your concerns??

Analize that!:peaceful:

Why dont you let Cheryl worry about it, your not her defence attorney and this isnt a cross examination ( wow I stole his line, but was so fitting)
My opinion of the browncafe is MY opinion and is not bad mouthing this site. Like I said, stop changing around what I say and with certain issue, like Cheryl, mind your own business. If you didnt notice from a past quote, YOU guys with all your bickering made her cry, NOT I.
I also have something you can analyze.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
This color problem would also be my fault.

I added some new smilies :dont_know: and their background is white, so I tried to blend them into something close to white...
:throwpc:
I'm using a 4 year old burnt out laptop monitor, so the colors may be off. Maybe someone could lend me a real monitor to use...
:peaceful:

wkmac

This color problem would also be my fault.

I added some new smilies :dont_know: and their background is white, so I tried to blend them into something close to white...
:throwpc:
I'm using a 4 year old burnt out laptop monitor, so the colors may be off. Maybe someone could lend me a real monitor to use...
:peaceful:

Oh God Cheryl, you shouldn't have admitted that. Now someone will use that as proof BC is in fact changing away from UPS. Especially when they read:
On my phone it has a purplish/lavender tint.

The clarion cry will be:

There's your proof of a FedEx takeover!

:happy-very:

Sorry folks but this event has been tough on a few people here and on both sides of the issue so it's time we turn it to humor for their sake. If we can't laugh at ourselves in the end, then just line us up and shoot us!
:happy2:

BTW: Until this whole event I hadn't even gone to some of the new forums like the FedEx one's (to much fun in the political threads poking people with a stick :happy2:) but after I did and read through them, I think that was a great idea. I respect the FedEx folks and having a chance to hear and see their perspective and learn a bit about them is a great opportunity for us. Beside they can come here at any time and see our dirty underwear so why not string them up a clothes line to do the same.

Nice thinking in my book! Glad someone around here understands the maxium, "Get the big picture!"