Are you happy

jalnar

We will have a chance this summer to make change in our top leadership. If you vote for Hoffa then you are sending a clear and loud response that you are happy with the way we are being treated. For the sake of our sanity a BIG CHANGE is needed ASAP.The stickers we wore a couple of weeks ago were a joke and just made things work. Lets give a new regeime a chance. Remember the due increases a couple years ago for a strike fund.HA HA. You will never see another strike a UPS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We will have a chance this summer to make change in our top leadership. If you vote for Hoffa then you are sending a clear and loud response that you are happy with the way we are being treated. For the sake of our sanity a BIG CHANGE is needed ASAP.The stickers we wore a couple of weeks ago were a joke and just made things work. Lets give a new regeime a chance. Remember the due increases a couple years ago for a strike fund.HA HA. You will never see another strike a UPS

Hoffa will be re-elected based solely on name recognition.

I wouldn't be too sure of your last statement--2013 promises to be very contentious. You may want to start putting a little aside each week between now and then.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
NEVER say never!

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I wouldn't be too sure of your last statement--2013 promises to be very contentious. You may want to start putting a little aside each week between now and then.

Upstate..what makes you say that last statement like that...please elaborate

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate..what makes you say that last statement like that...please elaborate

I think production and health care, along with a two-tiered wage structure and tougher language on discipline from technology, will be among the issues in 2013. UPS is making record or near record profits in a down economy so asking for concessions, such as a wage freeze in lieu of paying for health care, will be met with strong opposition. I know in the past I have stated that I would be willing to accept a wage freeze in lieu of paying for health care but I have changed my mind on that. I think if this production push continues or is intensified you may very well see a strike.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I think production and health care, along with a two-tiered wage structure and tougher language on discipline from technology, will be among the issues in 2013. UPS is making record or near record profits in a down economy so asking for concessions, such as a wage freeze in lieu of paying for health care, will be met with strong opposition. I know in the past I have stated that I would be willing to accept a wage freeze in lieu of paying for health care but I have changed my mind on that. I think if this production push continues or is intensified you may very well see a strike.

What do you personally think about the production push...do you think it is necessary considering the econony. Do you think it is causing more harm than good????

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What do you personally think about the production push...do you think it is necessary considering the econony. Do you think it is causing more harm than good????

I think it is an accident waiting to happen. I can see cutting runs and raising SPC's but not to the extent that they are doing it. I do think it is causing more harm than good, not just to the employees but to our customers, and may come back to bite them on the butt.

curiousbrain

I think it is an accident waiting to happen. I can see cutting runs and raising SPC's but not to the extent that they are doing it. I do think it is causing more harm than good, not just to the employees but to our customers, and may come back to bite them on the butt.

Not supporting the push or not ... but the facility where I am employed at has had three injuries in three weeks; maybe people are faking it, or perhaps there are other reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
please stop, really. we don't produce anything. Only management uses "produce" which = profit. All we do is move packages from point A to point B and/or service customers.

jalnar

The companys mentality is with technology anyone can do this job Ifwe strike they would probably fire us all believing that they can run the company on management and technology

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The companys mentality is with technology anyone can do this job Ifwe strike they would probably fire us all believing that they can run the company on management and technology

...and, to be objective, they are right. The most recent DIAD upgrade, which we call "UPS for Dummies" in my center, has oversimplified the job to the point where a new employee with minimal training and an area with a solid DOL could deliver that area. My helper, who I have had for 3 Peaks, only needs a quick refresher course on the DIAD on our first day and I let him deliver at the same time I am. Our DIADs have GPS to ensure that we are delivering to the correct address and with PAS/EDD we know how many pkgs per stop and where they are (supposed to be) loaded in the car.

There is no way they could replace the years of experience, area knowledge, customer relations, etc., of our current work force; however, keep in mind that what we do here is not rocket science. We deliver packages and are paid very well to do so.

DS

Fenderbender
The most recent DIAD upgrade, which we call "UPS for Dummies" in my center, has oversimplified the job to the point where a new employee with minimal training and an area with a solid DOL could deliver that area. Our DIADs have GPS to ensure that we are delivering to the correct address and with PAS/EDD we know how many pkgs per stop and where they are (supposed to be) loaded in the car.

Man,we are probably only about 2 hours apart by car,and where we are,although we have diad 4,we have no PAS, no EDD,no DOL and no GPS .
Preload sucks the bag,the sequence makes no sense at all,Drivers are being suspended daily for missed scans but we do have one thing in common.
Ridiculous production standards.:angry:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
...and, to be objective, they are right. The most recent DIAD upgrade, which we call "UPS for Dummies" in my center, has oversimplified the job to the point where a new employee with minimal training and an area with a solid DOL could deliver that area. My helper, who I have had for 3 Peaks, only needs a quick refresher course on the DIAD on our first day and I let him deliver at the same time I am. Our DIADs have GPS to ensure that we are delivering to the correct address and with PAS/EDD we know how many pkgs per stop and where they are (supposed to be) loaded in the car.

There is no way they could replace the years of experience, area knowledge, customer relations, etc., of our current work force; however, keep in mind that what we do here is not rocket science. We deliver packages and are paid very well to do so.

think if ups fired all of their drivers today and used all new hires......the damage to this company would be great, they might not survive, at least in the delivery business. Ups underestimates the relationships we all have with our customers. There were many stories during the 97 strike of businesses telling sups who were driving to get off their property...this was well documented and threw ups for a loop.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have no problem with trying to increase productivity IF you have a problem with it, I dont think most people who work here are unproductive. There may be a few. I see that only one side of the equation cannot do it all.
I asked for some help with a customer today who needed 2 more asd's to complete her OCA going to the Rocky mountain area, from OHIO. 10 pkgs all over 70 pds. I had 8 asd's, and called my boss to bring me 2 more. His name is ***** I aint got time for that :censored2: ****. So I have to get this ole lady 2 more asds, shes leaving at 4 am so dropping off the receipts Monday was not an option. No one cared but me. On a side note, she has two pick up accounts at her home in the mountains, she was trying to ship her dads stuff from here , and knowing her driver so well in CO, she called us to get the job done. We almost dropped the ball, which would have made my Friday easier as it was a brutal pick up, BUT we may have lost a customer, if I had just done what my sup said. Kinda like Oh well it sucks to be you. Aint driving 12 miles round trip to service an OC pick up. Classy real classy!
No I agree it is not rocket science, but so much elementary service is gone. Its not like I asked him to help me with 80 pd pkgs, down stairs and through the front door because the back was full of nothing but o/70s on my truck, but come on, doesnt the mgmt team have a certain element of responsibility here> Who do I call on that? If I would have said screw it, like he did, that one person tells 8 more and those 8 tell 8 more how UPS screwed them. No I got it done but Monday I will just be another slug driver. So experience and tenacity, and realizing that without customers, no matter how inconvienient it may be, got the job done, and no I want no pat on the back, I served the customer, much better than the "partner" was willing to do.