Are You kidding me?

beatupbrown

I knew a part time sup his nick name was little Hitler. They called him years after he quit top go to Chicago super hub to crack the whip, he said no thanks. They were supposed to run center loads to surrounding states. Some feeders called it a big pink Elephant said it will never work; does any one now know that idea worked out?

oldupsman

I heard that alot of the new feeder guys are being hired because UPS wants to get off the rails.
Milk, since you're a Jersey guy you're probably familiar with Willow Grove. They are in the process
of putting on 40 new feeder drivers. No one ever remembers seeing a hiring spree like this one
going on now.

The Milkman

I heard that alot of the new feeder guys are being hired because UPS wants to get off the rails.
Milk, since you're a Jersey guy you're probably familiar with Willow Grove. They are in the process
of putting on 40 new feeder drivers. No one ever remembers seeing a hiring spree like this one
going on now.
Heard of it. Coming from Bound Brook, Meadowlands and Edison bldgs I was pkg for 18 then Customer Counter next 8 yrs... No too familiar with Feeders as I was somewhat secluded in a Customer Counter Out building not connected to the Main Hub so I misses a lot of chatter over the years concerning operations, got a lot of info from other clerks and porters second hand

oldngray

nowhere special
yeah but the Magnum has more room for snacks and stuff...lol

You look good in a Hawaiian shirt.
magnum_pi.jpg

Omega man

They called Toad, Frog, Salamander and Turtle from the Pburg Center to come back but they all said that they could not slither back to UPS for any amount of money.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I can understand that theory.........But hiring retirees at top rate instead of new hires at lower rates makes me wonder how hard up they are for workers at any position. I remember when I started family members working at Ups was a no no. Then they decided to let family members work together..I also remember each ctr having a customer service rep...next thing you know the reps have to handle 2 ctrs..then 3..Then us drivers were asked for sales leads etc...Give the leads, then the customer asks us why the rep has not gotten back to them for weeks..Now with less on car sups..I guess an old timer would fill the bill........helpers are another story, they tell their friends about the promised hours etc etc.......and after many yrs of the word getting around, the college kids wise up to Ups's tactics from word of mouth from former helpers. I guess the UPS plan of doing more with less is finally catching up with them....You couldn't pay me enough to get back into my browns..may they R.I.P.
Totally true, preloaders wanna be drivers are backing out or can't make the cut so 54 % turnover rate might be optimistic and new management not offered stock and benefits throws up a red flag that cuts are throughout the company. I see another management buyout soon. Lets face it that getting a sales lead once a month didn't work due to fact we had enough to do without a guarantee of new routes. Look at us now, overloaded without extra routes. Lets talk about family members that had 4 years part time sup . Did an excellent job with knowledge of belts no one could run and walked off stressed out without anyone caring. Money and benefits as a motivator to stay pushes each of us further away from the integrity and pride which built this company with friendly service despite the bad mood days.

The Milkman

Totally true, preloaders wanna be drivers are backing out or can't make the cut so 54 % turnover rate might be optimistic and new management not offered stock and benefits throws up a red flag that cuts are throughout the company. I see another management buyout soon. Lets face it that getting a sales lead once a month didn't work due to fact we had enough to do without a guarantee of new routes. Look at us now, overloaded without extra routes. Lets talk about family members that had 4 years part time sup . Did an excellent job with knowledge of belts no one could run and walked off stressed out without anyone caring. Money and benefits as a motivator to stay pushes each of us further away from the integrity and pride which built this company with friendly service despite the bad mood days.
So right..pushing away..no matter the pay......people are not going to deal with the harassment shoveled out daily and all the other crap thrown at you. Years ago we had customers that knew our names, gave us Christmas gifts etc. Now just about everyday a new driver is out in my area.The days of having a friendly chat with our customers are long gone with all this telematic crap..Customer Service or should I say Service is what made this Company the Worldwide Monster it is today, lose the Customer service no matter if the price is lower people will go somewhere else where at least they are aknowledged as a Customer..not just a number R.I.P.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
We
So right..pushing away..no matter the pay......people are not going to deal with the harassment shoveled out daily and all the other crap thrown at you. Years ago we had customers that knew our names, gave us Christmas gifts etc. Now just about everyday a new driver is out in my area.The days of having a friendly chat with our customers are long gone with all this telematic crap..Customer Service or should I say Service is what made this Company the Worldwide Monster it is today, lose the Customer service no matter if the price is lower people will go somewhere else where at least they are aknowledged as a Customer..not just a number R.I.P.
well spoken glad to see someone else sees the same things happening around them with no turn around in sight.thank you!

The Milkman

We
well spoken glad to see someone else sees the same things happening around them with no turn around in sight.thank you!

"What can Brown do For you?" SS UPS is taking on Water....400000 employees........150 life jackets....(I.E) said their study justified the use of only 150 as The SS UPS is Unsinkable!