Are You Ready For Vegas IBT Conference??

No agenda, no misinformation, no lie. Straight from the horses mouth, Bill L, and yes, he did resign. A forced resignation.

If Fred was in there right now, it might be the same way. I don't know.

And if you're an H. supporter and want to donate to his re-election campaign, I am fine with that.

I have a problem when the powers that be "force" those donations, with our dues money.
How does one grown man force another grown man to pay them with your dues money?

The dry heat part is definitely true. 110 in Vegas is not 110 in NYC. 110 in Vegas is probably equivalent to 95 in another part of the country. Still very hot but not as bad as it sounds. The point of my original post was that anyone saying this time of year is a beautiful weather time to go to Vegas is completely clueless. This is the absolute WORST time of year to visit Vegas.
I agree. I'll take spring or fall in Ohio 8 days a week!

Inthegame

Where I do agree with Bug is in his assertion that those who succumb are "weak-kneed".
When an officer or agents actions are in contradiction of the majority of their membership's wishes, in order to make their job easier, they are "weak-kneed" and forever compromised.

~Bbbl~
If an officers actions are in contradiction of the majority of their members wishes, they'll soon be a former officer.

And if the assertion is true that those who don't contribute put their members liviehoods in jeopardy, isn't "succumbing" the more prudent path? Isn't that putting the members first, at personal expense? How is that not a sacrifice rather than a "compromised" or "weak-kneed" position?

Supporting the incumbent and likely winning slate has little downside. If they win, you'll curry favor. If the opposition slate is successful, the last thing they'll do is be vindictive. They will bend over backwards to make new alliances with those who campaigned against them, or they will fail.

Pragmatism sometimes can be very blurry, especially when both sides have less than stellar candidates. I'm guessing many will split their votes come November.

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
How does one grown man force another grown man to pay them with your dues money?

You have to be kidding me, right? You know better.

Tick off the President of the Ohio Conference of Teamsters, a personal close friend of H, then see what happens to your local.

Sometimes, greasing a few palms is the smartest thing to do.

I also like this response.

If an officers actions are in contradiction of the majority of their members wishes, they'll soon be a former officer.

And if the assertion is true that those who don't contribute put their members liviehoods in jeopardy, isn't "succumbing" the more prudent path? Isn't that putting the members first, at personal expense? How is that not a sacrifice rather than a "compromised" or "weak-kneed" position?

Supporting the incumbent and likely winning slate has little downside. If they win, you'll curry favor. If the opposition slate is successful, the last thing they'll do is be vindictive. They will bend over backwards to make new alliances with those who campaigned against them, or they will fail.

Pragmatism sometimes can be very blurry, especially when both sides have less than stellar candidates. I'm guessing many will split their votes come November.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I get that, and it makes some sense in that context.
Perhaps I painted that generalization with too broad of a brush?

I guess it's possible that I'm still stinging from running with a group who ran exclusively at UPS on a Vote No platform in our last election, then at their very first State Panel reversed themselves at the insistence of Bill L?
I just can't condone or respect that, for any reason.

Gimme Danger

tmp_2673-adding-characters-to-thrift-store-paintings-by-david-irvine-gnarled-branch-32-665180480.jpg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I get that, and it makes some sense in that context.
Perhaps I painted that generalization with too broad of a brush?

I guess it's possible that I'm still stinging from running with a group who ran exclusively at UPS on a Vote No platform in our last election, then at their very first State Panel reversed themselves at the insistence of Bill L?
I just can't condone or respect that, for any reason.

It is one thing not to want to try and take on Bill L. by "donating" to the H campaign, it is only money, but to give up what you stand for is a little different.

It would be time to find a new executive board if my local reversed their position that got them elected to appease anyone, including Bill L (although he has resigned), H and the IBT. A few thousand dollars is a small price to pay to keep the IBT on your side, but that is where it stops.

You have to be kidding me, right? You know better.

Tick off the President of the Ohio Conference of Teamsters, a personal close friend of H, then see what happens to your local.

Sometimes, greasing a few palms is the smartest thing to do.

I also like this response.
I've never had any issues with any those people. Maybe it's because I'm respectful and young and eager to learn. Maybe they see my enthusiasm and genuine love for being a Teamster. Whatever I give is of my own free will and I do it proudly. I feel like I owe the teamsters a great deal. I was that kid growing up in the welfare system. I got that teamster job (ups) in high school. I got a second teamster job working in the docks at central transport and also in the bakery as a wonder bread driver. Will I hand over some cash you bet I will. It's what I believe in.

The teamsters specifically hall and many others gave me language that I work within to help the members. I've put my job on the line for members many times. I remember the time ups fired me which was proven later in a different court for union involvement. They took out a restraining order against me. Sent police to my house and put me in the car. My kids and wife were crying. When I came back to work that very same day filed a grievance against ups for a contract violation using language Ken made. I missed over 30 unpaid days last year at ups and still made 100k to go along with 40k in benefits. Whatever I give is my business but nobody will force me. I do it because they have given this welfare trash as a youth a shot to pay it forward and give my family the LIFE.

I'll out work anyone to keep Jimmy Ken Sean and their whole ticket in there. My record speaks for itself. I just want to help. I just want to be a teamster I love the teamsters and I know in my heart what I think is best for this 1.3million strongest Union in American.
Peace

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I've never had any issues with any those people. Maybe it's because I'm respectful and young and eager to learn. Maybe they see my enthusiasm and genuine love for being a Teamster. Whatever I give is of my own free will and I do it proudly. I feel like I owe the teamsters a great deal. I was that kid growing up in the welfare system. I got that teamster job (ups) in high school. I got a second teamster job working in the docks at central transport and also in the bakery as a wonder bread driver. Will I hand over some cash you bet I will. It's what I believe in.

The teamsters specifically hall and many others gave me language that I work within to help the members. I've put my job on the line for members many times. I remember the time ups fired me which was proven later in a different court for union involvement. They took out a restraining order against me. Sent police to my house and put me in the car. My kids and wife were crying. When I came back to work that very same day filed a grievance against ups for a contract violation using language Ken made. I missed over 30 unpaid days last year at ups and still made 100k to go along with 40k in benefits. Whatever I give is my business but nobody will force me. I do it because they have given this welfare trash as a youth a shot to pay it forward and give my family the LIFE.

I'll out work anyone to keep Jimmy Ken Sean and their whole ticket in there. My record speaks for itself. I just want to help. I just want to be a teamster I love the teamsters and I know in my heart what I think is best for this 1.3million strongest Union in American.
Peace

And I will defend to the end your right to donate your money to any campaign you want and to vote for who you want, whether or not it is the slate that I vote for.

I might try and change your mind if we do not agree on who to vote for, but I respect your right to vote for who you want.

I will never, and neither should anyone, "pressure" someone into donating if they have no intention of doing so in the first place.

10 point

I've never had any issues with any those people. Maybe it's because I'm respectful and young and eager to learn. Maybe they see my enthusiasm and genuine love for being a Teamster.

Perspective is a one way street and a personal issue. It doesn't always speak for everyone. It doesn't always seek or see the betterment of the whole. It can be blind and deaf when necessary. It is a personal stance that is chosen for various reasons.

Being a good soldier is commendable but following and supporting corrupt leaders because we're a good soldier is the easy path for some and the path is made easier for the good soldier by the ones getting the blind support when facts should state otherwise.

There is no such thing as "welfare trash". No one can say "I got prosperity by myself". Heath and circumstances are rarely controllable. One of my friends just died of pancreatic cancer two weeks ago. He was extremely smart, athletic, and able to make money very quickly. He died broke...the same way he was born. There is no "welfare trash" category. Only human being made in God's image.

Read the IRB reports. Read all of it and then tell me that you're OK with these actions. Courage is not about being blind. Courage is about being honest, no matter which way the wind is blowing, and having the backbone to speak against corrupt actions that hurt the union as a whole.

Silence is complicity.

UPS Preloader

Peace

Even though I disagree with you about H & H, I respect your passion.

image.jpeg
FZ and his crew should call it quits.
It was embarrassing to see a dozen black vests surrounded by a sea of red.
Kinda late or this brother. It looks like a bloodbath. Can't wait for the r it to start heating up tomorrow. Bernadette really kicked their ass right before it ended. She's a bad ass Teamster woman.