Are you smarter then a twilight sort manager?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Work as directed...management can move anyone around to any area that we don't sign a bid list for...anything that is not a preferred job. I could walk in tomorrow and they could move me to unload trailers...and have someone with less seniority load my trucks.

laffter

I was under the impression that part time employees have no seniority rights when it comes to what work they are told to do....

EDIT:

Work as directed...management can move anyone around to any area that we don't sign a bid list for...anything that is not a preferred job. I could walk in tomorrow and they could move me to unload trailers...and have someone with less seniority load my trucks.

^ I guess you just said it.

I was under the impression that part time employees have no seniority rights when it comes to what work they are told to do....

EDIT:

^ I guess you just said it.

They have every seniority rights as other employees. BB58 can be directed to do other work BUT she can also exercise her rights under seniority and file a grievance on every violation.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They have every seniority rights as other employees. BB58 can be directed to do other work BUT she can also exercise her rights under seniority and file a grievance on every violation.
Loading amd unloading are not preferred jobs...so what would managment be violating?

You have seniority. In an "as needed" situation they can pull you. But with your years in you're not going to have a problem if out of the blue they bring in a new hire to do your loads and toss you back in unload?

It doesn't happen in our building.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You have seniority. In an "as needed" situation they can pull you. But with your years in you're not going to have a problem if out of the blue they bring in a new hire to do your loads and toss you back in unload?

It doesn't happen in our building.
Agreed..I was using it for the Dick and Jane example...but it wouldn't happen. I've never been inside a trailer in my years at brown...rather not start now..lol

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Unless they have a bid position there is no union clause (and that includes standards and maintenance) that would protect them from not working as directed.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The way I understand it...for preload, technically they can put us anywhere they choose to...seniority prevails in terms of who works longer. I have seniority over my belt...I'm the last one to leave everyday...they can't send me home and keep someone with less seniority.

Nope. This depends on the local and past practice.

The way he said it is exactly right.

I think you and I have debated this before so let's not let it get out of hand again.

In 705. Seniority prevails in ALL situations. Coming, going, start times, jobs, etc.

In other locals, if you're ok getting :censored2:ed over by people junior to you then god bless.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Back to the subject at hand, more than directly disobeying a direct order, he was rather unprofessional by laughing at his full time sup. That is not going to help at all.