Are you working today? Hurricane Sandy.

Nimnim

The Nim
We switched a normal Friday "air" load from trailer to actual air cans on Friday expecting the storm to be an issue. I'm sure there will be some work closures, but not unless they're in direct path I'd say.

EzTarget

Watching the news early this morning, heard the reporter say that the Gov. of Deleware declared state of emergency and that no one is to drive on any road except "essential personell". Is UPS considered "essential"?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Watching the news early this morning, heard the reporter say that the Gov. of Deleware declared state of emergency and that no one is to drive on any road except "essential personell". Is UPS considered "essential"?
Rest assured--------- they think they are. :rofl:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If a travel ban has been imposed then no one other than emergency personnel are allowed on the roads---including UPS.

You would think that this is the first major natural disaster many of you have been through.

Nimnim

The Nim
If a travel ban has been imposed then no one other than emergency personnel are allowed on the roads---including UPS.

You would think that this is the first major natural disaster many of you have been through.

In the defense of some, a major natural disaster is their cell phone service dropping a call.

Some people just don't know how chaotic and dangerous weather can be. I can handle a hurricane in my sleep, but I'd probably have trouble in a blizzard.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
In the defense of some, a major natural disaster is their cell phone service dropping a call.

Some people just don't know how chaotic and dangerous weather can be. I can handle a hurricane in my sleep, but I'd probably have trouble in a blizzard.
:rofl::rofl:

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

It will be interesting to see how all those cell phones / cell towers handle the storm.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Hurricane Sandy Update: Sunday, October 29 – 8:30 a.m.

Hurricane Sandy has projected to make landfall later today. According to projected storm paths, the entire Chesapeake District will be affected by this storm.

The safety of people is UPS’s first priority in emergency or crisis situations.

Please take note of the following updates to operations in the Chesapeake District.

ALL PACKAGE OPERATIONS ARE CLOSED! Drivers should continue to communicate with their center manager teams on operating plans and procedures.

PHL Night Hub & Ramp Operations will be closed on Monday evening.

PHL Day Hub & Ramp Operation will be closed on Tuesday.

Borderline 9.5

Want to see if UPS is all about safety first or if they will put everyone out to work during a hurricane.

Went to work today and our hub (WG) sent everyone home and tomorrow is a maybe. The maybe is my opinion because tomorrow morning will be worse than today I'm kinda relieved not to go out in this mess and be home to deal with the wind and rain.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I was all set to tough out the storm, hell, I even brought an umbrella! A few minutes before what would have been start time, after whispers of closing, or combining routes, running til noon or so, Our center manager informed us that we would be closed today and possibly tomorrow as well. We are in Northern Maryland and it seems that 1 of the projected paths has the storm going right over top of us. I'd rather be home in the dry and take maybe 2 unpaid days then out dealing with this crappy weather. I'll be sure to make up the money with all the overtime that this chaos will no doubt, create.

Stay safe out there, everyone.

Kis124

after 4 hours of preload....THEN they close? jeeze. Spent 4 hours of listening to my sup berate my unloader and sorter and trying to stop us from talking even tho we were still working...I could have stayed home and slept!