Are you working today? Hurricane Sandy.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Nope. Operations called off in Tinton Falls, NJ, Lakewood, NJ, and Edison, NJ. Of course my cell didn't ring until I was walking through the guard shack.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Worked preload at Edison this morning and finished loading the last box truck when I watched them back the 5 cubes from outside into the building and blocked the trucks loaded to go out, very nice to know bust your a** for nothing and spend an hour driving home in the mess

UPSmeoff

It's gonna suck for y'all up north when you go back. One week for every day off. That's how long it will take to catch back up.

That being said......stay safe.

brown_trousers

I was all set to tough out the storm, hell, I even brought an umbrella! A few minutes before what would have been start time, after whispers of closing, or combining routes, running til noon or so, Our center manager informed us that we would be closed today and possibly tomorrow as well. We are in Northern Maryland and it seems that 1 of the projected paths has the storm going right over top of us. I'd rather be home in the dry and take maybe 2 unpaid days then out dealing with this crappy weather. I'll be sure to make up the money with all the overtime that this chaos will no doubt, create.

Stay safe out there, everyone.

Lol, Bring an umbrella to a hurricane.. Yep.. You should be good

bluehdmc

It will be interesting to see how all those cell phones / cell towers handle the storm.

The cell towers can handle the storm, when the power goes to the tower your service stops. :knockedout:

Shifted for the preload this am, then they shut the operation down. They were calling drivers not to come in today when I punched out. I got an early am start, they couldn't tell me about tomorrow. I think all of Metro Jersey shutdown.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Went out this morning at normal time. Our governor in CT forced all trucks off the road by 1 pm so UPS called us back in at 1130

Who knows what will happen tomorrow but we are not expecting to get much hub work to Hartford tonight. Looks like a late start tomorrow or a day off

stink219

In RI we are still out here. The DM is an absolute D Bag anyway. Trees are down, gale force winds. I'm on my 3rd lunch. Safety first?

over9five

Staff member
OMG, we're working tonight. I really can't believe it. So much for "The safety of our people comes first".

This is anything but a safe decision.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Central jersey, it is blowing really hard, sustained winds are 30 and just had a wind gust of 65, still two hours from landfall and projecting gusts to 110

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Central jersey, it is blowing really hard, sustained winds are 30 and just had a wind gust of 65, still two hours from landfall and projecting gusts to 110

Be safe up there, Man. I'm in southern Pennsylvania and my wife and I watched a driver go down our street a few hours ago. I certainly hope that by this time they have called them back in, this is miserable weather and NO packages are worth someone getting hurt or potentially hurting others.