Are you working today? Hurricane Sandy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We dodged a bullet here in Upstate NY. Little bit of wind, little bit of rain. A lot of schools and businesses closed early in anticipation of a storm that didn't materialize. Worked yesterday and made sure every DR was out of sight, out of weather, bagged if I had any doubt. Got rid of everything. Preload starting late this morning in anticipation of a light day.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Not hearing good things from my building in Edison, NJ. Spoke with another driver who spoke with our center manager, he says he's not sure if we'll be working the rest of the week.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Had the nicest drive home last night , the rain had stopped , the wind had slacked off and there was almost no other traffic on the roads.

over9five

Staff member
Man, I'm still pretty pissed about having to work last night. On the way in, the governor is on the radio pleading with private businesses to let their people stay home, and pleading with people to stay off the roads. I had several close calls, mostly coming up on downed trees in the road. Raining and dark, you can't see them till you're on top of them. Not a good thing in a TT.

To add another layer to this, they canceled the day sort and the midnight sort, but worked the Twi which was the sort that ran at the height of the storm.

And THEN, they wanted to lay-off drivers who start early this morning. (Union said "No", you can't lay-off by start time, only by seniority)

This was all about money and was a total disregard to the safety of UPS employees.

I'll probably get fired today, cuz if some manager mentions safety to me I'm going to punch him in the head.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Man, I'm still pretty pissed about having to work last night. On the way in, the governor is on the radio pleading with private businesses to let their people stay home, and pleading with people to stay off the roads. I had several close calls, mostly coming up on downed trees in the road. Raining and dark, you can't see them till you're on top of them. Not a good thing in a TT.

To add another layer to this, they canceled the day sort and the midnight sort, but worked the Twi which was the sort that ran at the height of the storm.

And THEN, they wanted to lay-off drivers who start early this morning. (Union said "No", you can't lay-off by start time, only by seniority)

This was all about money and was a total disregard to the safety of UPS employees.

I'll probably get fired today, cuz if some manager mentions safety to me I'm going to punch him in the head.
That's just wrong Ovah! (no not you punching some dummass-if I were you I would want to do the same thing). Bloomberg is saying right now - Please stay off the road. UPS is stupid for forcing you guys to work through that shiatt. JUST WRONG!!

menotyou

bella amicizia

They suck the big Wazoo!!!!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

Like its not stressful enough driving rig for brown? I can't imagine driving in such conditions like we had last night. Safety my asz.
I also saw a brownie walking off stops in newton this morning on fox 25 news.
Looked like the driver had to dodge downed trees & wires. I'm all for busting out some work but not in conditions like that

menotyou

bella amicizia
Are you feeling the effects of the storm yet? It looks as though Sandy is on a straight track through Upstate.
The winds are picking up again. Last night was very windy. But, that was about it. The 'effects' are are of no access to the computer because the grands are here playing MonkeyQuest. Luckily, they are running around outside right now. They say we are out of danger, so I am happy. I talked to brown bomber. I guess he's getting pummeled with the wind now. So, Tooner and 407 are probably 'enjoying' Sandy now. I hope they stay safe.

Nimnim

The Nim
The winds are picking up again. Last night was very windy. But, that was about it. The 'effects' are are of no access to the computer because the grands are here playing MonkeyQuest. Luckily, they are running around outside right now. They say we are out of danger, so I am happy. I talked to brown bomber. I guess he's getting pummeled with the wind now. So, Tooner and 407 are probably 'enjoying' Sandy now. I hope they stay safe.

I'm glad you're ok. I checked in with most of the people I know in the affected region. I assume those who are seriously affected weren't able to get online, but I'll be watching for them in the next few days.

Monkey Quest also looks a bit entertaining, but I've got too many other games to play.
th_059_.gif

probellringer

almost all bridges and tunnels around ny and tri-state are closed,airports closed- cant see much work coming thru system..they sent out 10 trucks today... i will just grab a full one tomorrow and make the best of it. in the meantime, i will finish the beer and food i had for the storm-and spend time with kids who are off from school

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Here in central jersey, have been without power for 13 hours. Trees and power lines are down everywhere and looks like a warzone with leaves and branches looking like they were put through a blender without the top on. They are talking about days to weeks before power is restored