arent drivers supposed to pickup packages?

mixyo

Dispatcher
was gonna post this a fwe days ago but forgot. i know one of the ways you can ship package out by "handing it to your UPS driver". if you set a package out, say on porch, aren't the driver supposed to pick up? i had several things go out this week, and since UPS deliver to my house almost every day i set the package on the porch with a note indicating that the driver should pickup. well that worked fine for a couple days except last time the driver delivered he didnt pick up the package i set out. was clearly visible with note and all. he delivered packages literally less than a foot away from the box i had out for pickup.

​what the hell.

mixyo

Dispatcher
Why don't you just take them to work with you?
thats what i ended up doing. had to wait in line at the customer center and ****.

if you are going to deliver packages to my house, take my damn outgoing packages with you on your way back!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We do not HAVE to pick up a box if you leave it on your porch. However, the vast majority of us, will pick it up.

I have, on occasion ignored those boxes because people just ASSUME we're having to pick up whatever they leave on their porch. If you hand it to me, that's one thing. If you leave it on your porch I am under no obligation to pick it up.

mixyo

Dispatcher
We do not HAVE to pick up a box if you leave it on your porch. However, the vast majority of us, will pick it up.

I have, on occasion ignored those boxes because people just ASSUME we're having to pick up whatever they leave on their porch. If you hand it to me, that's one thing. If you leave it on your porch I am under no obligation to pick it up.
well thats good to know. the packages i leave out are always small and lightweight, so i just don't understand why the driver would be a dick and not take it. especially if he took packages other days during the same week.

​are you my driver?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
well thats good to know. the packages i leave out are always small and lightweight, so i just don't understand why the driver would be a dick and not take it. especially if he took packages other days during the same week.

​are you my driver?

Judging by the way you talk and cry that drivers don't do what YOU want us to do, I'm really not at all surprised that your driver didn't pick up your packages.

If you want us to pick it up, call in a pickup and PAY for it. If you don't, then you're gonna be at our mercy.

I work in Maryland, there is absolutely NO reason I would EVER allow myself to be anywhere near the murderous city of Chicago. Good thing you guys have strict gun control laws. hahahahaha

mixyo

Dispatcher
Judging by the way you talk and cry that drivers don't do what YOU want us to do, I'm really not at all surprised that your driver didn't pick up your packages. If you want us to pick it up, call in a pickup and PAY for it. If you don't, then you're gonna be at our mercy. I work in Maryland, there is absolutely NO reason I would EVER allow myself to be anywhere near the murderous city of Chicago. Good thing you guys have strict gun control laws. hahahahaha

im not asking anyone to make a special trip for free. but if you are delivering packages to my house anyway (and i know you are because i have tracking numbers), why wouldn't you just take a small outgoing package with you? you have to walk back to the truck, and drive back to the facility anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

PT Car Washer

Yes, 99.9% would do just what you describe. Unless I had a bad time in the morning with sup or manager or loader or etc. Sorry. Not your fault. I will try to do better next time.

mixyo

Dispatcher
dont get me wrong, i understand how hard and stressful it is to be a driver. but this just seems illogical to me. i dunno.

jaker

trolling
dont get me wrong, i understand how hard and stressful it is to be a driver. but this just seems illogical to me. i dunno.
or maybe it wasn't your drivers choice , he might had a ride along and his sup told him not to pick it up without it being called in

UPSGUY72

You don't understand what we actually do in order to you would have to have done he job. All that you know is that we deliver your packages and a lot of others, delivering the packages is the easy part of are job.

Next time you want a package picked up call it in or leave it where the driver would have to trip over it and you will not have a problem. Leaving it inside a porch or on a porch near your front door isn't going to guarantee a driver will see it. I hardly ever walk up porch stairs or go into porches where I have to open a door. Saying that I don't throw package either ( can you figure out how I do it ).