arent drivers supposed to pickup packages?

mixyo

Dispatcher
or maybe it wasn't your drivers choice , he might had a ride along and his sup told him not to pick it up without it being called in
that's possible. i'd just hate to think that the driver was intentionally being a dick, that';s all.

didyousheetit

or maybe it wasn't your drivers choice , he might had a ride along and his sup told him not to pick it up without it being called in
no sup is going to tell you not to pick it up without being called in. That would cost them money for sending oca having to pay you to pickup where as now you will get that big allowance for special counts ars

bumped

im not asking anyone to make a special trip for free. but if you are delivering packages to my house anyway (and i know you are because i have tracking numbers), why wouldn't you just take a small outgoing package with you? you have to walk back to the truck, and drive back to the facility anyways.

I know there have times that I'm "spaced out" when delivering bulk residentials. I've been tired, hungry and just not paying attention. I've almost stepped on packages left out for me, because I wasn't paying attention. I'm on auto-pilot. At times I've been too worried where I was going next.

I believe you stated earlier that your packages have been picked up other times. It may have just been overlooked. If it was important to get out that day you need to take care of it yourself to make sure.

ibleedbrown

well if u left a note they should have taken it, there has been times i have seen a package on the porch, i always assume it is from a different day or from fed ex etc etc.

didyousheetit

dont get me wrong, i understand how hard and stressful it is to be a driver. but this just seems illogical to me. i dunno.
Are you sure it was ups and not usps. Now before you say what a d%ck I know the difference. I've had people call in on me before saying I wouldn't pick their package up (several occasions). Got in one night the oms had the customer on the phone as she was doing the follow up call. I asked to talk to the customer. I asked her to read what was on the package( because I knew what it said). She was snotty on the phone and said it says UPS. I said no, look at the actual label and read each letter. she says USPS ( case closed) so I'm just sayin are you sure?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Maybe it was an air driver who has been instructed not to move ground packages because they are then paid at a higher rate for the entire day. Either way calm your nerves, your porcelain unicorns got to where they were going I'm sure.

HomeDelivery

drop box if it's small enough to fit

a local UPS Store will also take it from you & you can get a receipt as proof of them accepting the package

didyousheetit

what don't you get about that? unscheduled pickup no extra 2 sec allowance to pick up said pkg????? What don't you get ????!!
you walk up to porch see package with label on it whether it was generated by the consignee or if it has rs or ars on it. You pick it up go to special counts and scan it. It wouldn't have ever been in the diad to tell you that you had a pick up. Here if you use unscheduled pickup you get a warning letter.

HomeDelivery

Here if you use unscheduled pickup you get a warning letter.

wow, that's pretty crummy & i'd expect that from a FedEx Ground driver not picking up customers packages for weeks at a time...

at HD, we get paid by the stop & i welcome the unscheduled pickups because that adds $1 in my stop count

didyousheetit

wow, that's pretty crummy & i'd expect that from a FedEx Ground driver not picking up customers packages for weeks at a time...

at HD, we get paid by the stop & i welcome the unscheduled pickups because that adds $1 in my stop count
drivers were abusing it according to management you could easily have 15 to 20 extra pickups by using unscheduled pickups. by the way, I don't how much extra it would have come to but I do know it was much more than a dollar a stop.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I don't remove packages from residential stops unless there is a note to the effect of ups please take. What's to say the package was ready to go or that it wasn't already delivered to their work or other residence...

Squint

No more work for me!
Are you positive it's in proper outgoing condition, i.e. properly taped and labeled? New or like new carton? It could be that an air driver was at your door and in that case he's not allowed to touch a ground package.

I think the driver doesn't pick up the packages because he wants to meet the OP face to face to receive them. I mean after all with that sparkling personality who could resist?

kingOFchester

This past week, I walked up to the porch of a house, placed the package down as I rang the doorbell, when I heard the voice of a man saying "thank you". He was sitting on the porch in the chair about 2 feet from where I placed the package. Scared the :censored2: out of me. Many of us are in a zone do to the workload we have sitting on the shelves of our trucks......well, should be sitting on our shelves, may have a few stragglers that made their way to another truck that i will have to meet up with later in the day.

bsmart

I don't think the OP works for UPS anymore... Why wouldn't you just take the effing pkg to work? My guys bring pkgs in all the time, they throw them on the smalls belt! If its big then they usually carry or cart it to the trailer(they know what happens every once in a while) so they know it got there. If you work in the building? IF? Then why didn't you just go find the driver? Ask around? I would have gladly told you so I get a bag of popcorn and enjoy the show because I doubt it would have went in your favor with this kind of attitude. I remember the last time I called a driver a dick... it was 8 years ago....

mixyo

Dispatcher
OK I definitely overreacted in this thread (was kinda drunk) so I apologize if I came across as a dick. I can certainly understand if the drivers are zoned out/tired or what-not. my house is usually near the end of the route anyway. So no offense to the drivers.

I don't think the OP works for UPS anymore... Why wouldn't you just take the effing pkg to work? My guys bring pkgs in all the time, they throw them on the smalls belt! If its big then they usually carry or cart it to the trailer(they know what happens every once in a while) so they know it got there. If you work in the building? IF? Then why didn't you just go find the driver? Ask around? I would have gladly told you so I get a bag of popcorn and enjoy the show because I doubt it would have went in your favor with this kind of attitude. I remember the last time I called a driver a dick... it was 8 years ago....
yes I do work at UPS. TBH I'm not very clear as to what the rules are for doing such things; I wouldn't know where to put it. I wouldn't want to bring in packages and throw them on the belt if it would get me in trouble or something. I ended up just taking the package to the customer center after my shift ended.

No big deal.

We cool bro's?