Arizona's anti-imigration law...

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I've posted this before but it worth repeating.
Remember when some foreign governments were issuing ID cards for their own citizens, they looked like a license. Anyhow we had people from Central America show up at the customer counter to pick them up. To prove that the nda letter was for them they brought along their cousins as id, I know really stupid. We require a government issued id for anyone picking up parcels. Guess who didn't get their nda's?

Of those that did get them.....I start hearing over the police radio all these different traffic stops where the cops ask for their licenses and are given these foreign id cards, guess they thought that was all they needed to drive.

tieguy

Banned
This law would have made no difference as the 9-11 attacks were not carried out by illegal immigrants, those guys were all in the country legally.[/QUOTE

I probably would agree with you if the terrorist could provide some type of guarantee that they would continue to use the same tactics in the future.

the argument against profiling now has college girls and 90 year old grandmothers in wheel chairs recieving security checks while the most obvious candidates for terrorism walk through unscathed.

to me its like being carded at the liquor store , I support the law and will gladly pull my ID even though a quick look should tell them I have long gone past the age of 21.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This law would have made no difference as the 9-11 attacks were not carried out by illegal immigrants, those guys were all in the country legally.

I probably would agree with you if the terrorist could provide some type of guarantee that they would continue to use the same tactics in the future.

the argument against profiling now has college girls and 90 year old grandmothers in wheel chairs recieving security checks while the most obvious candidates for terrorism walk through unscathed.

to me its like being carded at the liquor store , I support the law and will gladly pull my ID even though a quick look should tell them I have long gone past the age of 21.
given the standard of an public school education that your store clerk had, she/he probably has no idea what someone over 21 is supposed to look like.

{ true story....bought a chair once , it was a floor model, the mgr told the 2 clerks to take 10% off the price ($65), these 2 could not come up with the right amount, they thought $5.40 sounded right.......}

tieguy

Banned
given the standard of an public school education that your store clerk had, she/he probably has no idea what someone over 21 is supposed to look like.

{ true story....bought a chair once , it was a floor model, the mgr told the 2 clerks to take 10% off the price ($65), these 2 could not come up with the right amount, they thought $5.40 sounded right.......}

In todays world with the anti racism / anti profiling bullcrap being thrown out those clerks have a better chance of getting pulled aside for the extra security check at an airport then mohammed atta.

brett636

Not in this country. If you are driving a motor vehicle obviously you are required to have a driver's license, but otherwise there is no law that says a citizen must have his license or "identity papers" with him at all times. Some states do have statutes that require you to verbally identify yourself to the police if they ask you.

It's interesting to me that any time the idea of a required national ID card has been raised in the past it's been vigorously opposed by conservatives (and rightly so) on the grounds that it would be a violation of privacy that would lead a curtailment of civil liberties. But as soon as the state frames it differently, ie as a way to "round up undesirables and foreigners", it seems that some people really aren't so conservative after all :wink2:

I see nothing in that law that says to round up undesirables and foreigners, just illegal immigrants. In a state that is on the battle front of illegal immigration such a law seems absolutely necessary. Here in Indiana we tried, but failed to pass a law that would revoke business licenses to businesses employing illegal immigrants. A combination of identifying them and denying them employment in this country would really cut down on their numbers.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
here's what you do acquire a white suv, paint it to look like an ICE vehicle.
Have a video camera with you, drive around to places where the hangout and film anyone who runs away from you.
Then post their pictures.

moreluck

golden ticket member
AZ. is just innundated with illegals.....they are doing what they need to do to survive. I wish CA. would do the same thing.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Mexican gov't slams Arizona immigration law

Mexican government: Arizona immigration law could affect relations with state

Monterrey hotel attacked in Mexico kidnappings

The hotel assault was reportedly mounted by up to 50 gunmen who seized cars to block streets, slowing the police. At least three people were kidnapped in the attack bearing hallmarks of drug violence.

Threats from the Mexican government really ain't that meaningful.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Mexican gov't slams Arizona immigration law

Mexican government: Arizona immigration law could affect relations with state

Monterrey hotel attacked in Mexico kidnappings

The hotel assault was reportedly mounted by up to 50 gunmen who seized cars to block streets, slowing the police. At least three people were kidnapped in the attack bearing hallmarks of drug violence.

Threats from the Mexican government really ain't that meaningful.

Oh no, the Mexican govt is upset...what will they do????....shut down the border and not let Mexicans come to America. LMAO!!!!:whatever:

Lue C Fur

Evil member

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(CBS) Arizona’s Republican Governor Jan Brewer signed into state law the nation’s toughest sanctions against illegal border crossings, and taking a verbal swipe at the Obama administration while doing so.

“We in Arizona have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act,” she said.

The bill makes it a crime to be in Arizona illegally, and requires police to question people about their status if there’s reason to suspect they’re illegal immigrants.
There were protests outside the state Capitol in Phoenix yesterday, in a state in which almost a half-million immigrants( est. 460,000 ) live. A church group plans to file a federal lawsuit against the measure. Hispanic groups have also vowed to fight the new law in court.

“By signing it, this bill, Governor Brewer has thrown the door wide open for racial profiling,” said Janet Murguia, president and CEO of the National Council of La Raza

Some local law enforcement agencies have protested, saying their resources will be stretched thin. Meanwhile, a provision in the bill allows citizens to sue police to compel them to enforce the new law.

diesel96

Let's face it, Arizona is a Red State. Now it's deepen that redness with a hammer and sickle. Congrats Az Conservatives and Tea-jhadist, you've just signed into law the most comprehensive piece of legislation that most resembles the communist manifesto authored by Karl Marx. Now, let's sing Victoria Jackson's song all together Tea Partying Arizon-ians....."there a communist living in the White House".....Look no further than in your own Red State.....Boycott Arizona !

moreluck

golden ticket member
I like the law. If you have your ID, you have nothing to fear. If you're here illegally, you'll have a problem.

Maybe all the illegal immigrants will go to san francisco (sanctuary city) and go to Pelosi's backyard. Let's see how she likes walking a sidewalk hearing....."here chickie chickie mama'!!

AZ. is just practicing self defense for the people of that state. If you don't live in a border state, you have no clue.

av8torntn

Let's face it, Arizona is a Red State. Now it's deepen that redness with a hammer and sickle. Congrats Az Conservatives and Tea-jhadist, you've just signed into law the most comprehensive piece of legislation that most resembles the communist manifesto authored by Karl Marx. Now, let's sing Victoria Jackson's song all together Tea Partying Arizon-ians....."there a communist living in the White House".....Look no further than in your own Red State.....Boycott Arizona !

You didn't know it was already against federal law to be here illegally? Well it is. You did not know that the federal government already rounds up illegals and deports them? Well they do. This law just appears to be picking up the slack of an incompetent federal government to me. And you want them to have control over your health care, banking, energy, and work enviornment. What a joke.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This law is just letting the local authorities do what the Federal authorities are suppose to do. Sheriff Joe will 'git 'er done' !!