Article 14 Violations Why do the Some Locals allow this?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxster,

I hope you didn't misunderstand me.

I didn't mean to imply that it was my understanding that you felt bad in any way about your misunderstanding about my misunderstanding.

I hope this clarifies any potential misunderstanding of my understanding of your feelings about your misunderstanding about my misunderstanding.

Sincerely,
I
Solid!

union4life

It has been my experience that the company will walk a thin line. They will write you up for having the injury not filling an injury report. Are you sure the discipline you are referring to is for filing an injury report?

An employee's failure to follow SWMs or is grounds for a write up. The fact that it lead to an injury or accident is merely a coincidence.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It has been my experience that the company will walk a thin line. They will write you up for having the injury not filling an injury report. Are you sure the discipline you are referring to is for filing an injury report?

An employee's failure to follow SWMs or is grounds for a write up. The fact that it lead to an injury or accident is merely a coincidence.
union4life,

No employee will be disciplined or threatened with discipline as a result of filing an on-the-job injury report.

That is what the contract states.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Again, wrote up for filing a report and wrote up for not working safe are 2 different things
union4life,

As a result of filing an on-the-job injury report and for filing an on-the-job injury report are not equal statements.

You are trying to give a management answer and an excuse for retaliating and harassing individuals using information that was brought to them only as a result of filing an on-the-job injury report.

How many times do we need to hear;

"We are not giving a warning letter for getting injured or filing an injury report, we are giving you a warning letter for failure to follow safe work methods".

How did management become aware of any of the facts of the injury?

You got it, "as a result" of the filing an on-the-job injury report.

Contract violation and OSHA violation in order to keep downward pressure on reported injury #'s through harassment and intimidation when reports are filed.

Sincerely,
I

40andOut

I,
I (I mean me, not you, I) had an injury and they could not figure out any safe work method that I (me, not you, I) failed to use.

I, myself (as opposed to they, who would refer to themselves as us, i.e. management....not to be confused with IE management ((internal engineering management)) ) also could not figure out a SWM that I (not I) violated.

So they...i.e. management (not IE management) could not discipline me. ("I" would be grammatically incorrect in this instance)

Did I make myself clear, I?

Sincerely,
Me, Myself, and I (not to be confused with I)

ay, ay, ay! (not I,I,I)
ps... don't you hate when people refer to themselves in the 3rd person!

Last edited by a moderator: