Article 22.4 Question

Justin11

Article 22.4
Part-time employees with six (6) months or more seniority shallhave the right to place their name on the list of employees waitingto be moved to a preferred job within their building. Such preferredjobs shall include, but not be limited to: Preload, Sorter, Clerical,Irregular Train, Designated Responder, Carwasher, Loader andUnloader. Employees do not have the right to select any specificunit, load or workstation unless a prior past practice has been established.

Our management claims that there are no preferred jobs, and that we are to work as directed. I'd like to file on 22.4 yet I'm not certain how it would work, because our sort moves people around so much and never actually bids any jobs to anyone. They just put you where they want on any given day. Of the people who they move around I have the most seniority by far as well as more than people who have a constant pull or position in the back. Could someone help clear this up thank you.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
This should have been filed a long time ago. If in fact they aren't bidding jobs. If a job comes open then that job should be put up for bid, not given to who ever management feels like. Sounds to me like yall have a lot of uninformed employees. I blame the union stewards for that.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is the norm in my building, just because of a so called clown of a shop "stewarT". I called the union hall almost every week and complain about the clown. Can't wait until election. Most drivers don't like him, and I got most of the pters to not like him.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
You would need to put your name on the list before you file anyway...but I can tell you it'll get deadlocked since it's been a practice in your center to move people around for operational needs.

UPSGUY72

Article 22.4
Part-time employees with six (6) months or more seniority shallhave the right to place their name on the list of employees waitingto be moved to a preferred job within their building. Such preferredjobs shall include, but not be limited to: Preload, Sorter, Clerical,Irregular Train, Designated Responder, Carwasher, Loader andUnloader. Employees do not have the right to select any specificunit, load or workstation unless a prior past practice has been established.

Our management claims that there are no preferred jobs, and that we are to work as directed. I'd like to file on 22.4 yet I'm not certain how it would work, because our sort moves people around so much and never actually bids any jobs to anyone. They just put you where they want on any given day. Of the people who they move around I have the most seniority by far as well as more than people who have a constant pull or position in the back. Could someone help clear this up thank you.

Does every get paid the extra dollar from day one ??? In the small building (20-25 routes ) that I started in everyone got the extra dollar to start and you where assigned jobs based on your ability and there needs. Seniority did allow you to stay longer when they started to send people home as the shift ended.