Article 6

In our area, we have been told the company can force us to sign anything they want. The union has told us that Article 6 in the contract simply says that even though they make us sign, it does not mean we agree with it. Yet, I keep seeing posts from people who say they never sign anything. As anyone who works for this company knows, they come up with new nonsense everyday and want us to sign off on it. The only reason they want us to sign is so that they can use that signature so that they can discipline us at some point in the future. Any advice on how to get the union in this area to stand up for us?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
In our area, we have been told the company can force us to sign anything they want. The union has told us that Article 6 in the contract simply says that even though they make us sign, it does not mean we agree with it. Yet, I keep seeing posts from people who say they never sign anything. As anyone who works for this company knows, they come up with new nonsense everyday and want us to sign off on it. The only reason they want us to sign is so that they can use that signature so that they can discipline us at some point in the future. Any advice on how to get the union in this area to stand up for us?
When you say "force" I picture a bunch of supes gathered around me trying to twist my arm. If this is what you mean, I would love to see them "force" me to sign anything. That being said, I sign nothing, and I mean good or bad, not even my paycheck, as I have Direct Deposit.:wink2:

When you say "force" I picture a bunch of supes gathered around me trying to twist my arm. If this is what you mean, I would love to see them "force" me to sign anything. That being said, I sign nothing, and I mean good or bad, not even my paycheck, as I have Direct Deposit.:wink2:
No, there's no physical cohersion. They just pass out their daily nonsense and tell us to sign it. If we refuse, they call us in the office and threaten us with termination for "failure to follow instructions." The shop stewards and even the union officials say they can do this. By the way, I have DD too and love it!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
No, there's no physical cohersion. They just pass out their daily nonsense and tell us to sign it. If we refuse, they call us in the office and threaten us with termination for "failure to follow instructions." The shop stewards and even the union officials say they can do this. By the way, I have DD too and love it!
You don't have to sign anything, hg, just refuse and let the Steward handle the rest. That, my friend, is the end of the story.

brown bomber

brown bomber
what about if you receive training via your DIAD, as we do......does completion of such training equate to an "electronic signature"....is it the equivalent of an "electronic signature" for an online purchase or your online Federal tax return????

Just wondering

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Years ago, I had a co-worker who refused to sign everything.
For a while they thought they had him ...Their clever idea was to have him sign a receipt for his paycheck. It did not work.

Grampy

Junior Mint
what about if you receive training via your DIAD, as we do......does completion of such training equate to an "electronic signature"....is it the equivalent of an "electronic signature" for an online purchase or your online Federal tax return????

Just wondering

I'm sure that is why they have started using the DIAD training, It gives them a record that we looked over and "passed" the test for that training set.

3HrsOverAllowed

I never pass the DIAD training. Also, I will only sign the DVIR, and the DOT physical card. I don't even sign the end-of-day pickup summaries. UPS management will use anything you sign against you every time they have a chance. Being the steward in our center, I see it all the time. I try to encourage all of our guys to only sign DOT required materials and nothing else.

guzzi71

Can do it when I get around to it.
Except as may be otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Employer agrees
not to enter into, or attempt to enter into, any agreement or contract with its
employees, either individually or collectively, or to require or attempt to
require employees to sign any document, either individually or collectively,
which in any way conflicts with the provisions of this Agreement. Any such
Agreement or document shall be null and void. The trick here is the conflicts with the agreement,make sure there are none.And always sign under protest

A

anonymous6

I never pass the DIAD training. Also, I will only sign the DVIR, and the DOT physical card. I don't even sign the end-of-day pickup summaries. UPS management will use anything you sign against you every time they have a chance. Being the steward in our center, I see it all the time. I try to encourage all of our guys to only sign DOT required materials and nothing else.

What about the paperwork after a ride along?