Article: Re: UPS Driver dead in Work place shooting in MN

frateshkr

re: UPS Driver dead in Work place shooting in MN

it's a really hard one to accept when the situation is what it seems reported to be. no one goes to work anticipating that outcome. although there are a number of deaths every year at ups most are of course operations related. i hope there is something ups will do for his family. hard climate for that these days though. i include my prayers.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Minneapolis workplace shooting leaves 6 dead, including shooter - KMSP

Keith Basinski was a UPS driver with a regular stop at the business. Minneapolis Police Chief Tim Dolan said the shooter came in through the loading dock, putting Basinski in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"We are profoundly shocked and saddened over this tragic event involving our driver, Keith Basinski," UPS district president Jill Schubert said in a statement. "Our deepest sympathies go out to his family and the families of the other victims. We also pray for the full recovery of others injured in the shooting. Keith had been a part of our UPS family for 29 years and we are going to miss him very much."

Re-Raise

Re: UPS Driver dead in Work place shooting in MN

Hug your kids and your spouse a little tighter tonight fellow drivers, life is not fair and we never know if there will be a tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Packmule

The black guy commenting is a complete maroon! This isn't the time for politics.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

This is a horrible incident, a great loss in that community and our company. RIP Keith Basinski.

DS

Fenderbender

Knowing UPSer's I'll bet he was trying to intervene or help someone. Terribly sad.
I agree.This guy was probably almost friends with everyone that worked at this place.
My bet is he tried to stop the shooter.

I just don't know what to say

M

MenInBrown

I think everyone should push UPS to open some sort of fund for his family!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Re: Minneapolis workplace shooting leaves 6 dead, including shooter

He was not delivering, he was picking up. Details should be coming in the news. We were told not to comment.

I know one of the guys that covers his route, his former center manager and a few others. They all refer to him as a nice guy. So very sad for his family.

Minneapolis workplace shooting leaves 6 dead, including shooter - KMSP

Keith Basinski was a UPS driver with a regular stop at the business. Minneapolis Police Chief Tim Dolan said the shooter came in through the loading dock, putting Basinski in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"We are profoundly shocked and saddened over this tragic event involving our driver, Keith Basinski," UPS district president Jill Schubert said in a statement. "Our deepest sympathies go out to his family and the families of the other victims. We also pray for the full recovery of others injured in the shooting. Keith had been a part of our UPS family for 29 years and we are going to miss him very much."
Thank you for giving us some more details. I was very curious. I am profoundly saddened by this. I never understand how you justify the taking of someone's daddy/mommy/brother/sister in these type of situations.
I will be going to my parents today for one specific reason. I am going to hug them and tell them how very much I love them. I will be doing the same for my grands.

There are many on here that I care very deeply for. I just want you to know that I do care. I wanted to say this just because I can right now.

menotyou

bella amicizia

Israeli immigrant who founded business, artist, UPS driver among 5 killed at Minnesota office | StarTribune.com

menotyou

bella amicizia

I wish some of you would stop and think before disparaging a fellow UPS'er in a thread about a UPS'er being killed. Talk about time and place.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
UPS Driver dead in Work place shooting in MN

What a horrible thing to have happen to you. Just trying to do your job. My prayers go out to his poor family.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I feel terribly for the drivers family, co-workers and all his friends. He worked his entire adult life to provide for his family and was just doing his job, when this disgruntled A-hole decided to "get his revenge" for being fired and with the ring of gunfire changed the lives of so many families in the most tragic of ways. I agree that UPS should do SOMETHING for his family, I can't see every UPS driver not donating anything, maybe as little as $20 to a fund in his name, so at least from a financial standpoint his family will be okay. Lord knows I'd rather donate money to the family of a fallen brother than to any other UPS "charity"

RIP Keith Basinski

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Prayers to the families, especially our fallen brother.

On a side note since it seems appropriate to me, we are living in crazy times. We walk in on hundreds of different workplaces, and family situations daily. We all need to not let our guards down, not become complacent. We never know what kind of situation we could be walking into, a family feud, a hostage situation, a hostile environment, a crazy nutjob could be just around anyones corner. Be safe brothers and sisters.

UPSGUY72

From what I have read about Keith I sure he died just as he lived everyday trying to help those around him.

R.I.P Keith Basinski

brownIEman

This is just so mind numbingly unfair. I have been heartsick all day yesterday and today.

Dilli, thanks for the info on the fund.

Thoughts and prayers to his family... Rest in Peace Keith Basinski