As a former employee of UPS I am not currently eligible for rehire?

I was hired by UPS on 8/21/07 and I gave my notice 2 week prior to leaving in the month of Sept 2008. I am trying to reapply and I am getting an error that I am not eligible for rehire? Any pointers would be great. I want to pursue this asap so should I call my old union or try to contact the my previous HR?

SnowCitizen

People in the past have posted that in general UPS does not rehire people and rarely makes exceptions. If you were a great worker, your best shot would probably be to go through HR. There is not really anything the union can do. If you want more info you can try searching the forums.

Good luck.

People in the past have posted that in general UPS does not rehire people and rarely makes exceptions. If you were a great worker, your best shot would probably be to go through HR. There is not really anything the union can do. If you want more info you can try searching the forums.

Good luck.

that's what Ive always been told. Once you quit you wont be rehired.... but I would think your best bet would be to go to HR and talk to them about it.

jimstud

Banned

Good luck.
that is not true i know 2 people who quit and came back a few years later.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was hired by UPS on 8/21/07 and I gave my notice 2 week prior to leaving in the month of Sept 2008. I am trying to reapply and I am getting an error that I am not eligible for rehire? Any pointers would be great. I want to pursue this asap so should I call my old union or try to contact the my previous HR?

It depends ... is your name Klein?
If so, then not a chance in hell!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
That's no error!

You mean they don't even want ME back?:wink2:
You may have to clean up a bit before they'll even think about that one.:wink2:

It depends ... is your name Klein?
If so, then not a chance in hell!
:surprised:

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
It depends upon the rehire status assigned when you left. Apparently you were given a "no rehire" status when you left. Getting rehired with a "no rehire" status is not likely.

That sounds odd, i know someone who quit and came back after a year and a half. I believe its based on your general value to the company.

Above average employees get priority. I've gotten away with all types of crap that guys i have heard get fired, written up, etc over. The types who do the work-load of 1.5-2 men, mind their buisness, are friendly, and just plain kick butt.

Apparently, you were average.......maybe they had some type of policy change during that period..meh..

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I have also seen a person quit and comeback and then quit again, LOL. :peaceful:
Ditto!

That sounds odd, i know someone who quit and came back after a year and a half. I believe its based on your general value to the company.

Above average employees get priority. I've gotten away with all types of crap that guys i have heard get fired, written up, etc over. The types who do the work-load of 1.5-2 men, mind their buisness, are friendly, and just plain kick butt.

Apparently, you were average.......maybe they had some type of policy change during that period..meh..
Now that's a slap in the face!

pow.jpg

dillweed

It's not personal and don't take it that way. Your guardian angel is watching over you and doesn't want you to go back. This is just the beginning of UPSBS and you are barely seeing the tip of the iceburg. You don't know why the error and you'd make yourself nuts trying to find out.

Yep, it's good money and insurance. Also a good workout and there's pride in being a badass. However, you'll wait years for insurnace, vacation and wages to build up. You'll feel constantly inadequate no matter how good you are. It's just the way they do things. Sorry to sound negative but listen to your angel. You skills are needed elswhere. Best of luck!

tieguy

Banned
dill its probably not an error. just because he gave notice does not mean he was recommended for rehire. the person to talk to is the ops old supervisor.

DustinM

I worked at ups In 2004 for three months had to quit due to a personal family problem...talked to my full time sup at the time and he told me they rarely put someone on rehire status after they quit but he was going to do It for me because I busted my ass everyday....in 2009 I decided to go back to ups and they gave me my job back...so what kreator says does hold some water....just keep in touch with HR those are the people that you need to butter up.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
He's obviously coded as a do not rehire. He's getting the message as soon as he attempts to put in the application. If he were coded rehire, he would be able to complete the application and then he would get shot down later in the process if he wasn't wanted for other reasons.

BleedBrown33

the problem is if you are rehired within in 3 yrs of your leaving you will be eligible to reclaiming youre seniority/pay/beneifits apply 6 weeks after youre original hire date +3 yrs and you'll get a job

22.34life

I have spoken about this on previous post but i have to say it again,i cant believe people have such a hard time getting hired or rehired.I have seen people get rehired and not just a few people but many,I know that the recession has hurt hiring but come on at my building you would be rehired in a heartbeat.The selection process does not seem to be very good,pretty much as long as you have never murdered anyone and can speak in complete sentences you got the job.Im curious is it really that hard to get a job at ups in other parts of the country,because not where im at.I have seen people come through on the tour with their pants hanging off their a** ,in a wife beater with a cigarette in his ear and next week they hired this guy.then two months later they promote the guy and then he gets fired for stealing.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I have spoken about this on previous post but i have to say it again,i cant believe people have such a hard time getting hired or rehired.I have seen people get rehired and not just a few people but many,I know that the recession has hurt hiring but come on at my building you would be rehired in a heartbeat.The selection process does not seem to be very good,pretty much as long as you have never murdered anyone and can speak in complete sentences you got the job.Im curious is it really that hard to get a job at ups in other parts of the country,because not where im at.I have seen people come through on the tour with their pants hanging off their a** ,in a wife beater with a cigarette in his ear and next week they hired this guy.then two months later they promote the guy and then he gets fired for stealing.

They don't even have to speak in complete sentences. I think the bus picks um up at the homeless shelter.

The rehire policy was changed a few years ago. Can't remember the exact wording, but it's not against the official policy anymore.