As employers push efficiency, the daily grind wears down workers

jaker

trolling
yep just looked at it again "harry manback"never said it would be "hard"just that i didn't want to be like everyone else please if your going to attack me don't make things up and put words in my mouth and 4 the record you don't know anything about me you don't if im air driver cover driver full time driver certified to drive just been a jumper or ever been on road next time before you think you know how much more you do before 10:30 am maybe you otta ask some ? first as for me you credibility just went out the door so I'll spell it out for you so next time you won't look so stupid i have a "cdl" that's a commercial drivers license" have d.o.t. card "that's a department of transportation card"though ups have taking on road driving test with center manager "that's a center manger"have been on road at peak and have been a jumper i am yard certified i am a first responder i am a am clerk i am also a loader bag stacker i handle damages leakers and will calls also check cage for lost little packages all in a 4 hour period so now you know everything about me you can mount a real attack that won't make you look like an idiot have an nice night and a great monday please let me know if your going to work that way i don't show up and the place is outa business thanks the troll
All I read was you are not a driver

bryanturner100

exactly that's the point is that if i was a driver i wouldn't cry about it because the ones bitching about it don't do anything about not once have i seen on here that someone's crying about there route or stops and said"im going back to school or im going to do something different because my kids miss me or my wife is missing me i can't do it anymore if you going to cry just admit your putting ups your paycheck and body before your family be honest or shut up because it doesn't matter what you write you know and everone that reads it knows im right and no im just a scum of the earth 6 year pt just like you were

Leftinbuilding

yep just looked at it again "harry manback"never said it would be "hard"just that i didn't want to be like everyone else please if your going to attack me don't make things up and put words in my mouth and 4 the record you don't know anything about me you don't if im air driver cover driver full time driver certified to drive just been a jumper or ever been on road next time before you think you know how much more you do before 10:30 am maybe you otta ask some ? first as for me you credibility just went out the door so I'll spell it out for you so next time you won't look so stupid i have a "cdl" that's a commercial drivers license" have d.o.t. card "that's a department of transportation card"though ups have taking on road driving test with center manager "that's a center manger"have been on road at peak and have been a jumper i am yard certified i am a first responder i am a am clerk i am also a loader bag stacker i handle damages leakers and will calls also check cage for lost little packages all in a 4 hour period so now you know everything about me you can mount a real attack that won't make you look like an idiot have an nice night and a great monday please let me know if your going to work that way i don't show up and the place is outa business thanks the troll

You're in AZ and I am in AZ, and I hear you are a "destroyer" so I am kinda "skeered" to ask, but why no punctuation? Makes your rants, I mean expose', very hard to read. Are you gonna "verbally destroy" me now?

jaker

trolling
exactly that's the point is that if i was a driver i wouldn't cry about it because the ones bitching about it don't do anything about not once have i seen on here that someone's crying about there route or stops and said"im going back to school or im going to do something different because my kids miss me or my wife is missing me i can't do it anymore if you going to cry just admit your putting ups your paycheck and body before your family be honest or shut up because it doesn't what you write you know and everone that reads it knows im right and no im just a scum of the earth 6 year pt just like you were
Do you plan on being a driver

bryanturner100

I know leftinbuilding voice texting get angry sometimes I like some of your post I know that you're an old timer have respect for drivers and union people at this company just don't like people going out half cocked at me don't know what they're talking about

bryanturner100

also don't like people that are drivers here thinking they're better than me because there a driver especially when they were all in the same exact spot I'm in right now

Leftinbuilding

I know leftinbuilding voice texting get angry sometimes I like some of your post I know that you're an old timer have respect for drivers and union people at this company just don't like people going out half cocked at me don't know what they're talking about

No prob. Just hard to read.

bryanturner100

that's fine jaker 15 year teamster been working the overtime and long hours a long time i understand you point of view been on road and know i can do the job once again I've been doing it a long time at few different companies so i know it could be easier but i also know it could be harder just wish it would be told like it really is anyone wants to read any of my post to know where i stand feel free its not like im some johnny come lately i've put in some work just ask my wife and kids!

smells like godzilla

I worked preload. Twilight. Air driver. Combo worker. Package driver. Done most jobs at UPS on the union side.
I also know how to use punctuation................(here are a few periods for you to use).
Every step of the way I've been involved in trying to make the workplace a better place to work (dignity, respect, real safety, good service). I believe in unions and collective bargaining. So I won't quit my good job because some people like to complain. Or because management makes the workplace terrible, and then says 'just quit then if you don't like it.' Nope.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxter, at what point does a business model become sustainable? 200 years? Seems to me the unsustainable model is the one we have been using the last ~20 years, as it's gotten away from the one we used the first 90 or so in many ways.

That is the opinion of the sharp pencils in Corporate.*
I do not know what the opinion is of the upper leadership.
Somehow, I believe UPS Upper management will find a way.
*The "sharp pencils" would be the one's that know that 2013-1907 does not equal ~20 + 90 ... :wink2:

jaker

trolling
that's fine jaker 15 year teamster been working the overtime and long hours a long time i understand you point of view been on road and know i can do the job once again I've been doing it a long time at few different companies so i know it could be easier but i also know it could be harder just wish it would be told like it really is anyone wants to read any of my post to know where i stand feel free its not like im some johnny come lately i've put in some work just ask my wife and kids!
Told how it is , if we could find I job that would pay and give us the same benefits and stability we would all leave

But The sad truth is there is not many jobs that pay like ups , most of us even have degrees but we make more doing this and after so many years you just can't leave , because you learn what it is like out in the world from being around so many people and businesses

So all is really left is to b!tch about it and no matter where you work or what you do there will always that

Re-Raise

Does anyone besides me just shake their head in complete confusion when they read posts by ORLY and bryanturner100 ??? I can't help looking at some of our part-timers and wondering if they are as bat **** crazy as these guys.

bryanturner100

ya for the ones that have giving up its to bad some don't really see what has been giving to us because were to busy bitching i will never take that point of view on life or on this job

Re-Raise

ya for the ones that have giving up its to bad some don't really see what has been giving to us because were to busy bitching i will never take that point of view on life or on this job

Okay? I am trying to make sense of this. I guess you meant ..ones that have "given" up.. and maybe its "too" bad and "giving" should be given.. never mind I give up.