As employers push efficiency, the daily grind wears down workers

Bryanturner100 probably cant use a period because he's on his. Your posts make you sound idiotic because they are virtually pointless. Eat some chocolate and post again next week

ibleedbrown

bleedingbrown not to be confused with ibleedbrown lol i feel for bryan he is just frustrated and he wants to be a driver. he is stuck in an area that takes a long time to get the opportunity. i wish him luck. a lot of you guys were once in his shoes, cut him some slack. you guys vent and get frustrated almost daily, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Considering his lack of knowledge of the English language, I find it blissfully ironic that he is blasting people for being 'stuck' at UPS because they can't find a job that pays the same elsewhere.

If Sir Bryan Turner manages to secure a driving position, I hope to be here when he gets his rude awakening.

I also hope to see more very, very long sentences with questionable grammar.

And if it makes you feel better, I don't feel like I'm better than you. I just think that you are embarrassing yourself, and you need to type in a manner that doesn't make people want to cut your hands off.

I, like many others, did the exact same thing and have no pity for him. The only difference is I was a full time college student working two jobs. I applaud his hard work, welcome to the real world son, but he should shut his mouth. He only posted to ruffle feathers and show what happens when you drop out of school after 6th grade.

TimeForChange

Here's part two of the LA Times two-part series about workplace pressures and demands.

Tracking workers' every move can boost productivity — and stress - latimes.com

This second story doesn't mention UPS, but the story starts by mentioning Teamsters who work for Unified Grocers in Los Angeles. Other parts of the story are about workers being micromanaged with new technology. I think those companies stole the UPS micromanaging playbook, and in come cases are a chapter (GPS on personal.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
That is the opinion of the sharp pencils in Corporate.*
I do not know what the opinion is of the upper leadership.
Somehow, I believe UPS Upper management will find a way.
*The "sharp pencils" would be the one's that know that 2013-1907 does not equal ~20 + 90 ... :wink2:

I'll translate:
~20 means "about 20 years or so"
The 90 already had "or so" typed out.
In my personal experience I noticed the change around the Strike and when we went public. I'd assume what I experienced was in the works elsewhere and made it's way out West so that's the reason for the overlap.

I think our sharp pencils left us long ago and we are left with shortsighted greedmongers who can't distinguish the signal from the noise.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Does anyone besides me just shake their head in complete confusion when they read posts by ORLY and bryanturner100 ??? I can't help looking at some of our part-timers and wondering if they are as bat **** crazy as these guys.

I feel your pain. You are, unfortunately, looking at the future of UPS.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Considering his lack of knowledge of the English language, I find it blissfully ironic that he is blasting people for being 'stuck' at UPS because they can't find a job that pays the same elsewhere.

If Sir Bryan Turner manages to secure a driving position, I hope to be here when he gets his rude awakening.

I also hope to see more very, very long sentences with questionable grammar.

And if it makes you feel better, I don't feel like I'm better than you. I just think that you are embarrassing yourself, and you need to type in a manner that doesn't make people want to cut your hands off.

LongTime, I am sorry but you are wrong.

There is no question about it...........

his grammer is atrocious and his punctuation is even worse.

Last edited:

Leftinbuilding

LongTime, I am sorry but you are wrong.

There is no question about it...........

his grammer is atrocious and his punctuation is even worse.

I find your reason for an edit interesting. One of us has misunderstood Long Time's comment. Could be me, I dunno.....

bryanturner100

yeah sorry about last night. I was drinking a little bit and took some things too personal. Have a good day.I still believe you should appreciate your good jobs.

Re-Raise

yeah sorry about last night. I was drinking a little bit and took some things too personal. Have a good day.I still believe you should appreciate your good jobs.

I don't understand why you would want us to enjoy 10 hour days. If UPS didn't require us to work all the overtime more part-timers would have jobs.

I have plenty of money after working here for 27 years. I don't plan to quit before I reach retirement, but I would love to give up the 20 k I earn a year in overtime to a part-timer just starting out with a young family.

Your point that we should happily accept all the work UPS gives us only hurts you and others in your position.

bryanturner100

i dont want to work 10 12 hours a day i just think the living wage jobs with pensions and healthcare are few and far between and if ups went out all of us would be happy to work 10 12 hours a day just my point of view

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Here's part two of the LA Times two-part series about workplace pressures and demands.

Tracking workers' every move can boost productivity — and stress - latimes.com

This second story doesn't mention UPS, but the story starts by mentioning Teamsters who work for Unified Grocers in Los Angeles. Other parts of the story are about workers being micromanaged with new technology. I think those companies stole the UPS micromanaging playbook, and in come cases are a chapter (GPS on personal.

I think we just tripled the LA Times online traffic.

Gee, I hope nobody starts googling GPS countermeasures .....