As of Today, Do You Feel the TA Will Pass or Fail?

Do you feel the TA will pass or fail?

• The TA will be voted "YES"

Votes: 43 45.3%
  • The TA will be voted "NO"

Votes: 52 54.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I wouldn't be completely shocked to see it voted down, but I think it will pass. For my area it's a decent contract.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You mean sacrificed FOR them?

LOL, yeah that 50c raise each new hire will earn is taking dollars away from each driver. Dollars over the life of the contract, that is. Maybe enough enough to buy a gallon of milk. Then again, UPS would be paying it anyway since it'll be merely minimum wage in 5 years...

Mmm... milk and Bagels. Reminds me to head to the gym... probably too late to go on a Saturday night -- after dusk, there's too much, um, action...

AndUPSER

PT'ers are pretty clueless with any union activity, let alone the contract. The ones on my belt didn't know what the name of our union was, let alone our local! One didn't even know we was in a union!

What'dyabringmetoday???

LOL, yeah that 50c raise each new hire will earn is taking dollars away from each driver. Dollars over the life of the contract, that is. Maybe enough enough to buy a gallon of milk. Then again, UPS would be paying it anyway since it'll be merely minimum wage in 5 years...

Mmm... milk and Bagels. Reminds me to head to the gym... probably too late to go on a Saturday night -- after dusk, there's too much, um, action...
Way more involved than raises. For some people that is.

BCFan

Going to be interesting to see our feeder dept erode if this load of manure passes. And the part timers who will never go full-time. And the young package drivers that get the stew worked out of them. And the below inflationary raises that we receive, causing good people to lose their homes because we get shafted. Oh, and the poor retirees that can't afford the visits to the doctor's office. Maybe Stink and 407 will enjoy cat food when they get old .....and be sure to thank Hoffa Hall for making all this possible........BC (not bitchin and crying)

JackStraw

I've talked to about 20-25 part timers in my building. Everyone of 'em was aware of the new contract, 90% of 'em were a no vote with the other 10% a HELL NO. Years past, part timers were indifferent to it. Social media is definitely playing a big role this time. I'm a full time pkg dvr and EVERYBODY I've spoken to is a no. Should be interesting.

iruhnman630

'NO' has a solid shot at winning...even I voted no on the health care rider, thus on the whole deal. That is saying something.

Going to be interesting to see our feeder dept erode if this load of manure passes. And the part timers who will never go full-time. And the young package drivers that get the stew worked out of them. And the below inflationary raises that we receive, causing good people to lose their homes because we get shafted. Oh, and the poor retirees that can't afford the visits to the doctor's office. Maybe Stink and 407 will enjoy cat food when they get old .....and be sure to thank Hoffa Hall for making all this possible........BC (not bitchin and crying)
The ten% in my 401k plus the fine investing that Mrs.407 does for us for the last 14 years of our marriage will keep us eating very well after retirement. This doesn't include a pension. See here son I might seem to you like a dumb beer drinking hillbilly but my wife isn't and she has had enough sense all along to put it away. Like she has always said pay yourself first. Actually we just went over our July budget about ten minutes ago. God bless

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

Why do you say the feeder dept will erode if the contract passes? I'm not asking this in a confrontational or smart mouth manner ,I'd really like to know why you feel this way as this is a new angle on the TA I havent seen before

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Why do you say the feeder dept will erode if the contract passes? I'm not asking this in a confrontational or smart mouth manner ,I'd really like to know why you feel this way as this is a new angle on the TA I havent seen before
a miracle, a new angle on the contract that hasnt been discussed 100 times before..stop the presses!!

BCFan

Handwriting on wall see LINE HAUL...see 42 cents as opposed to 72 cents ...heck read the manure those jerks gave us and really, really try and understand the concepts... It don't matter to me because Mrs.407 has been making great choices for Mr 407 And his friend the stinker and really I am so happy there is no little friskies in their future, as that has been my main source of my deep concerns....BC =BETTER CONTRACT

hyena

The ten% in my 401k plus the fine investing that Mrs.407 does for us for the last 14 years of our marriage will keep us eating very well after retirement. This doesn't include a pension. See here son I might seem to you like a dumb beer drinking hillbilly but my wife isn't and she has had enough sense all along to put it away. Like she has always said pay yourself first. Actually we just went over our July budget about ten minutes ago. God bless
Good to know its all about you union brother.... thanx I appreciacte it brother. Your the reason theres no more unity.

hyena

come all you good workers, the news to you i'll tell of how the good old union is coming here to dwell. which side our you on boys which side our you on?

tejano408

come all you good workers, the news to you i'll tell of how the good old union is coming here to dwell. which side our you on boys which side our you on?
Yes It Does Suck That The Union Unity Has Eroded This TA Is Bad If It Passes It Is Because The Central States Get More Votes But I Don't Think So East And West Coast Are Gonna Vote No And This Time It Is Going To Be The Biggest Turn Out