Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Not to mention they are all in a perfect line, almost as if they were.....parked behind each other.

I think that's more plausible than all of these trucks rolling down the hammer lane and flipping all at the same time roughly the same distance from each other

This picture was from 2012. There were 70 mph wind gusts.

If there are gusts that high from the right, you drive in the left lane. These gusts will push you to the left as you are driving. You can hit other vehicles that may be in the left lane if you were to stay in the right lane. You could also be blown over and crush a car who may be in the left lane.

If you stay in the left lane, you get pushed a little on the shoulder, but nothing there to hit.

It looks like they were traveling in the left lane fighting the gusts, and were traveling pretty slowly. They may have even stopped as the 70 mph wind gust hit.

And over they went.

MaceFremonti

I see $$$ ahead....lol....Alleghany tunnel Pa....

Attachments

• 1451334345740.jpg
    1451334345740.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 376

Bratty Brown

We Want Beer
They have our backups shifting in the yard while Swift takes trailers to/from an outside lot and the rail yard. With the 177 Arbitration this should produce a hefty monetary penalty plus mass training for next year. Hopefully your area is taking the same approach.

I did file a few grievances regarding the sleeper team fiasco here in California. It paid off quick with a check for a little less than $1000 received yesterday. There may be more coming.
Happy New Year.

chris9834

This question may have been asked sorry if it has. My question is what are the 2 main courses that you have to take before u can get your permit? I am in Texas I know the cdl program training is conventional across the U.S. but I am mainly curious which 2 specificly are required. I have been told by other candidates that there are 5 test total but 2 are a must in order to start school I am going to study all 5 but I want to know which 2 so I can over emphasize on the two test. Just in case I flunk a test Thanks.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This question may have been asked sorry if it has. My question is what are the 2 main courses that you have to take before u can get your permit? I am in Texas I know the cdl program training is conventional across the U.S. but I am mainly curious which 2 specificly are required. I have been told by other candidates that there are 5 test total but 2 are a must in order to start school I am going to study all 5 but I want to know which 2 so I can over emphasize on the two test. Just in case I flunk a test Thanks.

I believe you need to take 4 tests.

1. General knowledge
2. Combination Vehicles
3. Air Brakes
4. Doubles/Triples

You do not need

1. School Bus
2. Passenger
3. Hazmat
4. Tanker

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Thanks man.

You're welcome.

1 and 2 listed can get you a CDL. Straight truck over 26,500 pounds without air brakes. But for UPS, you also need 3 and 4.

UPS freight might also need hazmat. But we do not need that for feeders on the package side. We do not need to be placarded. The quantities are below the threshold to require our trailers to be placarded.

FeeDerp

You're welcome.

1 and 2 listed can get you a CDL. Straight truck over 26,500 pounds without air brakes. But for UPS, you also need 3 and 4.

UPS freight might also need hazmat. But we do not need that for feeders on the package side. We do not need to be placarded. The quantities are below the threshold to require our trailers to be placarded.

With freight, you need hazmat and tanker, as the rules for transporting certain quantities of liquids has changed.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When the CDL went national a few years back, Texas offered all the endorsements you wanted to take for no extra charge. Just for grins, I took them all. Never used them, but I had the license...just in case. lol. When I retired, the first time my DL came up for renewal, I went back to my operators license only. No more big trucks for me.:)

chris9834

I finally figured out in Texas there are 5 different modules that you have to take. 2 you must take to get permit 1 is special requirements, then combination. The other 3 must be done in order to get cdl as well as road test. I'm on vacation this week so I'm hitting the book hard as well as doing online practice test. Everyone tells me the general knowledge one is the tough one.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a Class A license for years even though I never needed it. If I recall at the time I got it all you had to do was pass the regular drivers test and pay a couple of bucks extra. I gave it up when they started adding all the extra fees to renew it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I finally figured out in Texas there are 5 different modules that you have to take. 2 you must take to get permit 1 is special requirements, then combination. The other 3 must be done in order to get cdl as well as road test. I'm on vacation this week so I'm hitting the book hard as well as doing online practice test. Everyone tells me the general knowledge one is the tough one.

You are correct.

The 4 that I mentioned plus the pretrip test. I don't recall having to take a pretrip written test to get my temp. Either it was added since I took it or I forgot actually taking it.

1. General Knowledge
2. Combination Vehicles
3. Air Brakes
4. Doubles/Triples
5. Pretrip.

govols019

You smell that?
The online practice tests really help...Hopefully you'll get your road test performed by a member of UPS management... The state DMV testers can be Nazis.

barnyard

KTM rider
I never took a practice test. The DMV provides a booklet and highlights all items that 'might be on the test.' Read it a couple of times, took the test, passed them all.