• 1467006532350.jpg
    1467006532350.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 1467006559700.jpg
    1467006559700.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 162

DC7

The Brown Hole
So I just started driving for feeders. it seems like it takes me a lot longer to build a set then other drivers. I try hard to do it the way I have been trained but takes so much longer. Am I doing something wrong or should I not be so thorough.

P

pickup

So I just started driving for feeders. it seems like it takes me a lot longer to build a set then other drivers. I try hard to do it the way I have been trained but takes so much longer. Am I doing something wrong or should I not be so thorough.

It's taking you longer because you have to think about it where as the others are remembering how to do it. You will get better , don't skip any steps and don't do step 2 until you do step 1.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Take your time and do it right , if not sure ,, ask some one ,, there are no small accidents in feeders !!!! Be safe, we were all in your shoes at one time ...

guyinthebrownbox

I carry a back pack that I leave in my locker. In that bag I have:

Maps and map book
High visibility vest (req at railyard)
Gloves
Various size zip ties
Phone charger and auxiliary cord
First aid kit
Small hand towel
Eye drops(for contacts)
Notepad
Extra pens
Copy of contract for those silly managers
A cheat sheet for building and cpu ELOC codes
Flashlight.
UPS paper time card
DOT log book

That's just the back pack. I also carry a gallon of water, pillow to sleep on meal, and a quality pocket knife. I'm on vacation cover and visit a lot of places at night where I'm the only one there so I actually use all that stuff fairly regularly

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
First time I've seen those new dollies. What does the hydraulic system do???

It shortens the dolly over 40 mph. The ram "pulls" the rear trailer closer to the front trailer for better stability and fuel mileage.

When you slow down below 40 mph, it extends and increases the space between the trailers to the normal distance.

Johney

It shortens the dolly over 40 mph. The ram "pulls" the rear trailer closer to the front trailer for better stability and fuel mileage.

When you slow down below 40 mph, it extends and increases the space between the trailers to the normal distance.
How long before one of those malfunctions and someone turning off the highway wrecks two trailers?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Some hubs I go to have a lot section full of dollies we can't get rid of, due to the use of all the 53's we went to ,, so now we get more ?? Go figure !!

UPS4Life

Some hubs I go to have a lot section full of dollies we can't get rid of, due to the use of all the 53's we went to ,, so now we get more ?? Go figure !!
Lucky you, we can't keep Dolly's. I haven't physically seen one yet but after reading the paper in dispatch it seems there is a way to lock the dolly extended if it fails to extend on its own. You'll have to first pull over and monkey with it and do whatever it is you have to.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Lucky you, we can't keep Dolly's. I haven't physically seen one yet but after reading the paper in dispatch it seems there is a way to lock the dolly extended if it fails to extend on its own. You'll have to first pull over and monkey with it and do whatever it is you have to.
You drain the air and it will extend

lowats

So i finally made the cut for feeders, i start class monday.
just some background info, I've worked for ups 4 years, been doing saturday air for about 4 months. i already have my CDL (had it approximately 1yr 2months) with Doubles/Triples, Tankers, & hazmat. i drove semis part time for another company for 6 months. then went into delivery for another company part time(however it was just 26' box trucks). i still need practice backing up and I'm pretty nervous to start feeders...
can anyone give a 22yr old advice on what has helped you over the years? any advice is appreciated

thank you :)