DOK

I was terminated from UPS 09/2005. Was told indefinite no rehire. Can that be reversed?
I've seen it reversed before. Might help if the person who designated you as such is no longer with ups or you can appeal on the grounds that the person had out for you.

R

rclosure

I've seen it reversed before. Might help if the person who designated you as such is no longer with ups or you can appeal on the grounds that the person had out for you.
I heard of it being reversed too. I was package car driver right before I left.

MaceFremonti

Speaking of NEWPA.....hmmmm something is missing here....

Attachments

• 1438284849038.jpg
    1438284849038.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 214

BTSDOG

I should add that work rules might vary by location but I haven't heard of any that allow dovetailing. New drivers go to the bottom of the Seniority list regardless of where they are in relation to everyone else. There are quite a few in my department with more Company seniority than me because they put off the decision for too long.

Also, some areas have an outlet where you can return to Package. We can anytime but you lose all Center seniority and go to the bottom of your Center list. After 3 years you can return if there is an opening without losing your seniority. Less than a dozen drivers have exercised this option since it was adopted in 2000.

Not so everywhere...... In the northeast, we have one seniority date. I did pkg car for 23-24 yrs. and when i came out to feeders i came with 23-24 yrs seniority . A lot of junior guys weren't too happy, but thats what seniority is all about. You start at the botttom, and someday you make it to the top.....

MaceFremonti

That's why God made hand signals.

Dispatch: Hello, dispatch.

Mace: This is Mace on NS99, not going to make my pull time - have to go by the shop.

Dispatch: Why?

Mace: The LC under 605xxx is missing the light cord jack.

Dispatch: You can't make it back before dark?

Mace, holding his head in his hands: (sigh)

Dispatch: Hello?

Mace: CLICK!

EasyTrucker

I don't ask what my pull time is and I don't care. I pull when the sort shuts down, period. If they got a problem with what time I leave they can contact the management team of the building I'm pulling from. I don't have any hot loads on my run, so pull times are irrelevant to me!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I don't ask what my pull time is and I don't care. I pull when the sort shuts down, period. If they got a problem with what time I leave they can contact the management team of the building I'm pulling from. I don't have any hot loads on my run, so pull times are irrelevant to me!