Ask DS's advice

DS

Fenderbender
Should klein be allowed to be a Canadian citizen or should he be shipped back to Germany?
He is paying taxes and contributing to our economy.
He is already a citizen,he has free health care.
He works selling beer,why go back to Germany?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Is the union run healthcare I've had covering my family for the last 24 years really that inferior to the company plan? If so, should I be outraged?

curiousbrain

Dear DS,

It greatly concerns me how the SQL language is inconsistent with its mathematical foundations (i.e. tuple calculus, relational algebra, set theory, so on and so forth); as a matter of fact, when doing complex queries and using operations like COALESCE, the basic assumption is that the answer being returned to you is wrong - and it is implicit that you have to "fix" the answer to be right. Why is this so?

Also, I've found a buffer overflow vulnerability and have managed to smash the stack in a popular Linux program; should I tell someone or try to hack a bank?

Sincerely,

Bang Splat

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Dear DS, It greatly concerns me how the SQL language is inconsistent with its mathematical foundations (i.e. tuple calculus, relational algebra, set theory, so on and so forth); as a matter of fact, when doing complex queries and using operations like COALESCE, the basic assumption is that the answer being returned to you is wrong - and it is implicit that you have to "fix" the answer to be right. Why is this so? Also, I've found a buffer overflow vulnerability and have managed to smash the stack in a popular Linux program; should I tell someone or try to hack a bank? Sincerely, Bang Splat
​Was the John Travolta movie swordfish recently on or did you stay at a holiday in express last night?

I like this thread, so I won't derail it any further.....but she has a couple scenes in that movie that can be deposited to the spank bank.

Video of her grocery shopping is worthy of the spank bank.

Don't worry about derailment. This thread is Canadian in origin. Happens automatically.

DS

Fenderbender
Dear DS,
It greatly concerns me how the SQL language is inconsistent with its mathematical foundations (i.e. tuple calculus, relational algebra, set theory, so on and so forth); as a matter of fact, when doing complex queries and using operations like COALESCE, the basic assumption is that the answer being returned to you is wrong - and it is implicit that you have to "fix" the answer to be right. Why is this so?
Also, I've found a buffer overflow vulnerability and have managed to smash the stack in a popular Linux program; should I tell someone or try to hack a bank?
Sincerely,
Bang Splat
The sky is blue as the result of the scattering of light rays reflecting the blue end of the spectrum.
​And no.

Rico

[OFFTOPIC movie quote]We get caught laundering money, we're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison.[/OFFTOPIC]

curiousbrain

[OFFTOPIC movie quote]We get caught laundering money, we're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison.[/OFFTOPIC]

[video=youtube;A939QRRSNV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A939QRRSNV4[/video]