Ask DS's advice

DS

Fenderbender
We overwhelmed him.

Just gathering my thoughts Tex.
Photo on 12-08-08 at 7.36 PM.jpg

texan

Just gathering my thoughts Tex.
I knew deep down that you had an inherent tenacity.

What other humans could deal with August and winter for year after year
without great backbone, and staying power? You are better than I will ever be.

klein

Für Meno :)
The other night I was woken up by "meows". Wouldn't stop, so I went to my patio back door which was open, but screen door closed.
It was about a 6mth old kitten (maybe less months - have not that much knowledge of cats, since I have never owned one).
Figured, ok, let it in, give it some water and feed it some pre-cooked breakfast sausages.
Kept the back door open after that, and even the front door wide open so it could leave.
It never did !
For the past 2 days, been leaving the back door open, while at work, but kitty is still here.
I had to go out and buy cat food & cat litter. Surprisingly, the small young kitty, is toilette trained already. - Went right into the litter box after I showed it to her.
Checked online for missing cats/kittys, but none look or describe mine.
What to do ?
Take it to a vet or maybe SPCA ? Wait for someone looking for it (as online or posters in the neighbourhood) ?

Odd, I hated cats, (allergic to them , too), but getting attached to this one, and it got attached to me.
Took some Reacton to fight the allergy, feeding it only beef & chicken feed (because I'm allergic to sea food) and hoping that will solve the cat allergy thing.

But, anyways, was this cat meant to be with me - picked me for a reason ?
Because, that's what I'm staring to believe.
So, what would you do ?

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
The other night I was woken up by "meows". Wouldn't stop, so I went to my patio back door which was open, but screen door closed.
It was about a 6mth old kitten (maybe less months - have not that much knowledge of cats, since I have never owned one).
Figured, ok, let it in, give it some water and feed it some pre-cooked breakfast sausages.
Kept the back door open after that, and even the front door wide open so it could leave.
It never did !
For the past 2 days, been leaving the back door open, while at work, but kitty is still here.
I had to go out and buy cat food & cat litter. Surprisingly, the small young kitty, is toilette trained already. - Went right into the litter box after I showed it to her.
Checked online for missing cats/kittys, but none look or describe mine.
What to do ?
Take it to a vet or maybe SPCA ? Wait for someone looking for it (as online or posters in the neighbourhood) ?

Odd, I hated cats, (allergic to them , too), but getting attached to this one, and it got attached to me.
Took some Reacton to fight the allergy, feeding it only beef & chicken feed (because I'm allergic to sea food) and hoping that will solve the cat allergy thing.

But, anyways, was this cat meant to be with me - picked me for a reason ?
Because, that's what I'm staring to believe.
So, what would you do ?

I've always suspected that if you ever got your hands on a pusillanimous, you wouldn't know what to do with it.

home-cat.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Don't be stupid......if you are allergic to cats, you CAN'T have one. Take it to your nearest shelter.....let them find it a home.

klein

Don't be stupid......if you are allergic to cats, you CAN'T have one. Take it to your nearest shelter.....let them find it a home.

I think I'm allergic to cats because people feed them seafood. It's almost in any cat food !
This one I put on a chicken/beef diet. Trust me, hard to find cat food without any seafood !
If I need to, I'll feed it ground beef and chicken left overs - probably cheaper than cat food !

But, I should take it to the animal shelter and SPCA to see if it's missing, and also to find out if it has a microchip or has been fixed or has gotten shots etc, even just to get an estimated age on this kitten.

gingerkat

Are you for real? If you know nothing of cats, how could you possibly estimate how old kitty is? People feed seafood to their cats? Hmm... I feed my cat, cat food. Please take the cat in before you kill it with your ridiculous thoughts about what you should feed it or how to deal with it. If you can't afford cat food, you can't afford a cat. Now go play in the street.

klein

Are you for real? If you know nothing of cats, how could you possibly estimate how old kitty is? People feed seafood to their cats? Hmm... I feed my cat, cat food. Please take the cat in before you kill it with your ridiculous thoughts about what you should feed it or how to deal with it. If you can't afford cat food, you can't afford a cat. Now go play in the street.

Gee, even I know more about cat food than you !
Don't you ever look at the ingredients in cat food ?
And yes, I did buy cat food - looked at ingredients - and did my best to purchase cat food without seafood !

gingerkat

LOL at you. I'm pretty sure I would win a cat quiz against you any day. If you're allergic to cats, it isn't from the food you feed it. Feeding your feline friend human scraps could make it sick or even potentially kill it. Cats have very sensitive digestive systems and urinary tracts that can't be overlooked. Not to mention, feeding kitty tables scraps teaches bad habits. I'm also willing to bet that my cats food cost more than your food does, so yes I know what it's made of.

My point is, you should probably turn little kitty over to someone who knows what they are doing or do some serious research in how to take care of kitty. Too many people think that letting a stray into the house is all that it takes. Wrong, owning a pet takes love, patience, money, serious responsibility and a commitment to her/him for many years.

moreluck

golden ticket member
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for vet bills
Did you know a cat can pass Cat Scratch Fever to a human and maybe the cat doesn't even appear sick ??