Asked to be a pt supervisor

ups0azero

I was hired about 1 month and a half ago as a seasonal loader. Today my supervisor and his boss asked me if i was interested in being a supervisor.

What does a supervisor even do? Is it a good idea to do this?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was hired about 1 month and a half ago as a seasonal loader. Today my supervisor and his boss asked me if i was interested in being a supervisor.

They work just like a loader most of the time but put in more hours.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

They asked you to be a supervisor because you will be gone soon.
Also, the "supervisor" who asked you to be a "supervisor" would be a good person to ask what a "supervisor" does.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2015-01-08-07-24-47-1129495126.jpeg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
If you do accept it, do what you have to do without being a jackass about it. There's a new PT sup at my center and he REEKS of that puffy chested, new sup smell.

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
Just so you know, they ask every employee every year to consider management. Everybody is "selected". Usually the dumb ones looking for a shortcut to full time who can't do the job right say yes.

If you decide to take the plunge, be shifty, don't get caught falsifying records to make your impossible to make numbers.

browner89

They asked you to be a supervisor because you will be gone soon.

Not necessarily true, they ask early while you're still too dumb to say no in hopes of reeling a few in.

I still get asked on the regular but its because I know my work area and my center manager seems to come to me for updates on how things are going than he does to my Sup.

To the OP:

If you want to stay at UPS turn it down, if you're only planning on being here for a few months to make some extra money during college or whatever, take it up. It's a big pay raise (over 50%/hour more I believe) and more hours than you're getting one month in as a part timer but you'll probably hate your life.

Simply put, if you wanna be permanent and make a career here say no, temporary say yes.

ups0azero

To the OP:

If you want to stay at UPS turn it down, if you're only planning on being here for a few months to make some extra money during college or whatever, take it up. It's a big pay raise (over 50%/hour more I believe) and more hours than you're getting one month in as a part timer but you'll probably hate your life.

Simply put, if you wanna be permanent and make a career here say no, temporary say yes.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for answering my question.

I think I'm gonna say no to the sup position. It seems like once you go sup you cant go back