Asked to sign in order to pick up package

BoxStomper69

Goldmember
I always sign. I'm delivering a box at the same time so they sign my scanner and I sign their worthless paper good for only internal use and errbody happy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always sign. I'm delivering a box at the same time so they sign my scanner and I sign their worthless paper good for only internal use and errbody happy.

This is the right answer.

You don't need to sign anything. Just tell them no a couple times and they'll stop asking.

...or they will call your supervisor or the 1-800#....is this really a battle worth fighting...?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
99% of the time so do I. I don't sign, but had I known before pup'ing the package and closing out the stop I would have just left it. My question is, is it Express policy that we do not sign?
How hard would it if been to just walk back to the truck and leave instead of arguing with the customer.

dex 84

Some routes I cover most regular customers want me to just scribble something and put in their last name. They act like I'm asking for an arm and a leg to get them to actually sign it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You need to learn to keep your nose out of other people's business. You don't like it when we comment on things you post.
You need to do the same thing.... How long have you worked at FedEx?

Exactly!!!

The issue at hand is not FedEx exclusive as I have been asked on several occasions to sign a separate form when picking up a package. I sign as I don't consider it to be a battle worth fighting. I then scan the package and as long as it gets an origin and transit scan I know that I am no longer liable for that package if it does not reach it's destination.

No, which means that many couriers will fight it, up to and including seeking legal counsel.

What Dano was saying is that many couriers will fight it just to fight it regardless of whether the consignee insists that they do it or calls in a concern/complaint.

The issue at hand is not FedEx exclusive as I have been asked on several occasions to sign a separate form when picking up a package. I sign as I don't consider it to be a battle worth fighting. I then scan the package and as long as it gets an origin and transit scan I know that I am no longer liable for that package if it does not reach it's destination.

What Dano was saying is that many couriers will fight it just to fight it regardless of whether the consignee insists that they do it or calls in a concern/complaint.
We are not required to sign any additional paperwork. And I wouldn't sign it either.