Asked to sign in order to pick up package

dezguy

That's because you guys are genitalia. Just sign whatever he has and get on with your day. It's X's prob, not yours!
If you say so. Still won't sign paperwork for a customer. If you want to, feel free.

Guess what? I don't sign and move on with my day. Weird how that works, eh?

HedleyLamarr

Call me crazy, but I don't get what the big deal is. I have several pharmacies on my route and have to sign fairly routinely. "Yes, I picked up the package and have agreed to take it from point A to point B without tampering it in any way". That is all it says.

Has anyone heard of FedEx worker being left hung out to dry by signing for a package at a pharmacy?

morgan

unless fedex has changed policy we don't sign for pick ups, only exception being packages you may pick up from military contractors that are deemed sensitive. a few years ago I had a customer that wanted me to sign and I refused since I knew the policy. I politely informed him to call my manager if he had any further questions. turns out my manager didn't know policy so I showed it to him in the people manual. being that they can look up the tracking number within minutes makes signing a moot point. what happens when the 10th person down the line loses that package and now your customer thinks your going to be responsible for it? not this guy!