Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Yes, but I intend to stop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I intend to start

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I used to but the doctor said to be on the lookout for excessive thinning of the blood so I had to stop when I got my period.

klein

Für Meno :)
My doctor recently suggested I take a low dose aspirin every day to reduce the chance of heart attack. He said he advises all his patients over the age of 40 to do so.

Todays news:
Healthy people who take aspirin to prevent heart attacks could be doing themselves more harm than good, experts have warned.

Do you take a daily aspirin to prevent heart attack?

No, but I heard having an aspirin on "standby" saves lives.
When getting a stoke or heart attack, taking one will give you enough time to get to a hospital. (Unlike dying without one).

If aspirin was invented today, it would be called the miracle drug !

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I don't. If you're a high risk for heart attack, I can see it. Your doctor's blanket recommendation for "anyone over 40" seems like serious overkill.

klein

I take aspirin daily, 81mg, as a blood thinner after carotid clean out.

You went metric on me ! how much is 81mg in ounces ?

Oh gee, I forgot, when it comes down to precision. you guys use metric, like drugs, nasa, bullets, Olympics, . But, no way in hell for normal life.
Can you imagine our "arab number system" 0-9 was once forbidden in the middle age of 1200 Rome. They didn't trust it, and used the roman numbers instead.
It was something totally new to Europe.
And those numbers make up the metric system as of today.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I used to but the doctor said to be on the lookout for excessive thinning of the blood so I had to stop when I got my period.
:surprised:

You went metric on me ! how much is 81mg in ounces ?

Oh gee, I forgot, when it comes down to precision. you guys use metric, like drugs, nasa, bullets, Olympics, . But, no way in hell for normal life.
Can you imagine our "arab number system" 0-9 was once forbidden in the middle age of 1200 Rome. They didn't trust it, and used the roman numbers instead.
It was something totally new to Europe.
And those numbers make up the metric system as of today.
Can you interpret this for me? I don't understand Canadian, (especially this one).:happy2:

As for the aspirin? No! I hardly ever take drugs for anything. I'll let my body take care of itself through eating healthy and exercise.

DS

Fenderbender
:surprised:

Can you interpret this for me? I don't understand Canadian, (especially this one).:happy2:

As for the aspirin? No! I hardly ever take drugs for anything. I'll let my body take care of itself through eating healthy and exercise.

Klein its not a matter of if the metric system is better in America.
Just like health care,its not wanting to change.
The USA has about 300 million people.When we went metric( I miss farenheight)we only had to retrain 20 million.It will have to be a slow process.It would be like making the Brits drive on the right side of the road.
OK back to the thread ...I have been taking an aspirin every day for about 15 years now.I dont do a lot of bleeding on the outside,so it does me well.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I've also read a few articles that suggest that Aspirin 'cuts' cancer risk.

Some suggest that the best prevention strategy might be for people to take aspirin from their mid-forties for at least ten years.

I'll still take an asprin a day... but now I'll worry about internal bleeding...

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
On my last reg doctor checkup (non-DOT) my doc suggested I take baby aspirin daily. Does he know something and he's not telling me about?

klein

Klein its not a matter of if the metric system is better in America.
Just like health care,its not wanting to change.
The USA has about 300 million people.When we went metric( I miss farenheight)we only had to retrain 20 million.It will have to be a slow process.It would be like making the Brits drive on the right side of the road.
OK back to the thread ...I have been taking an aspirin every day for about 15 years now.I dont do a lot of bleeding on the outside,so it does me well.
Atleast Boeing caught on to metric... would be ashamed if they couldn't sell planes worldwide, unlike the american cars (only good for America).

Some americans have gotten used to metric. Like Steve (81 mg). Or the worldwide sports, it's 100 meter run or swim.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I take 1 81 mg per day with my Cholesterol pill which has niacin in it. The aspirin helps lessen the flushing effect that occurs with niacin.

over9five

Staff member
On my last reg doctor checkup (non-DOT) my doc suggested I take baby aspirin daily. Does he know something and he's not telling me about?

And that's exactly what my doctor said! When I got to the drug store, I assumed "baby aspirin" meant the little 81mg kind.

Do we have the same doctor????

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Atleast Boeing caught on to metric... would be ashamed if they couldn't sell planes worldwide, unlike the american cars (only good for America).

Some americans have gotten used to metric. Like Steve (81 mg). Or the worldwide sports, it's 100 meter run or swim.
Klein, all of our pharmaceuticals are pkg'd like this, in mg.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
How old are you, BB?

I run 5000m, 10000m and longer races which are better known as 5k's and 10k's but a marathon will always be 26.2 miles to me.

I take 1 81 mg per day with my Cholesterol pill which has niacin in it. The aspirin helps lessen the flushing effect that occurs with niacin.
There is such a thing as flush free niacin, ya know. Ask your Dr if he can give you your meds with the flush free variety. My wife got a niacin flush once and it was like sunburn, LOL.

A

anonymous6

Ain't that the kicker. Always something new to worry about!

That's why I don't take anything except a multivitamin. I think proper diet and exercise will take care of the body. The multi is taken bc our food supply has lost over 40 PER CENT of it;s nutritional value bc of soil depletion , pesticides etc.

I try to buy from local farmers, cut back on red meat, eat more fruits and veggies and swim and walk.

P

pickup

Did the doctor say when your period is going to stop?, because it seems like you have been on the "word that starts with r and rhymes with mag" for a while now.:happy2: (you started it , I am just taking it one step further)

P

pickup

And of course, just to play my role of contrarian, I offer this little tidbit about aspirin. Remember it aint informed consent if you don't know about it. I believe a drug company c.e.o once said "If there aren't side effects, it's not a drug"

P

pickup

No, but I heard having an aspirin on "standby" saves lives.
When getting a stoke or heart attack, taking one will give you enough time to get to a hospital. (Unlike dying without one).

If aspirin was invented today, it would be called the miracle drug !

My opinion, cayenne pepper is much better. I think another more familiar term for it is chilli powder. That reddish look in your face is the just the effect of the capillaries dilating. Imagine what that does for a stoke when you can expand the tube(artery, vein, capillary) around the blockage that is causing the stroke?

If cayenne pepper could be monopolized, made into a drug, and patented today, it would be called the miracle drug!