At your center, what belt do new preloaders start on? Any fun preload stories?

W

What The Hawk?

I got started on belt one of three. It's a small center. A supervisor is telling me I shouldn't have been started on that belt but i think it'll make me a better preloader in the end. I really like this job so far.

rod

Retired 22 years
We only had one belt but the packages were stacked up 5 ft high on it and were falling off the far end.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
A belt with 3 trucks and about 600 pieces I started on. Top yellow. I have 4 trucks in 2 cages now and I think its actually easier

Cementups

Box Monkey
Funny story.....when I was preload I would load a box, go back to the boxline, grab another box and load it in a truck. I would repeat that several hundred times a day. It was hilarious!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

GenericUsername

Normally new hires in our building sit in the break area for 10 minutes or so until one of the sups walking around realizes that they are there. Then they're thrown into the unload without any instruction. By break, half of them quit. After break they're moved to belts to learn how to load trucks. If they don't quit by the end of the day, they start loading 3 trucks with someone else for a day or two until they are let loose.

GenericUsername

No wonder preload smart scanning is so successful. "Whoa, what car did I stack these two packages for again?"

At first I was against the scanners because I don't like change at all. But to be fair, it makes my job so much easier loading. I can't mess up so long as the morons in the unload don't spa over the label. I haven't had a misload or a bad slap in 2 months now. Our preload manager can't say a negative thing to me anymore because I'm following UPS' methods and loading properly, writing on every single box, and working safely. Nevermind the large stack and/or pile of boxes outside of my doors because they have me loading more than everyone else nearby...