atlanta we have a problem

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by burco8080, Dec 14, 2013.

1. burco8080

burco8080 Member

drivers are missing commits drivers are having accidents package car drivers running out of icc hours need more drivers drivers are having to deal with irate customers

2. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

And your point is? I consider it my sacred duty as a brown drone to do my part to insure our dear leaders in Atlanta get their bonuses that I won't even complain about excessive hours, dart board dispatching, and impossible time allowances. All hail our fearless Ceo.

3. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

I almost forgot to mention the disgruntled customers that are turning to a UPS employees forum out of desperation because no one is able to help them find their missing packages. They should sit down and shut up and be grateful they are also helping our dear leader's bottom line.

4. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

This is every peak, just a bit worse than the last.

5. Marne Vet

Marne Vet Well-Known Member

Hopefully most of us won't run out of punctuation marks, or grammar.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

News flash. Management dosent care about coustomers anymore. Or you. But you allready knew that part. They will call you in office and straight up tell you dont make small talk or chit chat with coustomers. Give them package and leave immediately. This happened to me I was in shock. I was told if they tried to make small talk to say "sorry I was busy" and to leave. Lol. Not joking this actually happened. Was told those seconds talking to coustomers adds up to to much over allow. They are clueless have no idea only reason they ship with ups is the friendly ups driver.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  7. Ouch

Ouch Well-Known Member

Think about it who else can they ship with? Fed ex doesnt want and cant handle the extra volume. The usps well I want even go their. Their is no magic answer or solution that I see.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  8. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Not in my building. We have about 15-20 more routes running in my center not to many 10 hours days for anyone a lot of driver are punching out before there 8 hrs and getting there guarantee 8.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. RonBurgandy??????????

Wish I worked in the Berkshires. This is not the norm. Obviously it is the extreme opposite. Is it like this for you yea r round???? Wish I worked in your center!!!!

10. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

I'm not speaking for the drivers in outlier centers, but hub sort package volume. Last year's "largest sort ever, peak day" has been outdone several times already in our hub!

11. RonBurgandy??????????

Ditto

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Atlanta called.......they don't care about your problems, or the customers problems. Atlanta only cares about profits. More employees and routes means less profits.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

United Profit System

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

15. browned_out

browned_out Member

We were told on friday that monday would be hell. Seems that extra work will be arriving via texas. Start time bumped back 1/2 hour.

16. RonBurgandy??????????

Go in knowing its Gina be alo of overtime $$ in your poket. Take your lunch and breaks at a normal time. Give a very late eta You can only do so much. They will let you know when to come back to building and sheet remaining stops missed. Go in with this attitude and your day will be much better. Merry christmas

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. Funfact

You think we have it bad. Some underpaid Fed Ex driver deliver a Amazon prime package to my door last night at 11:22.

December 13, 2013, 11:22 pm, Pittsfield MA USDelivered
    December 13, 2013, 10:04 am, Rensselaer NY USOut for delivery
    December 13, 2013, 7:26 am, Rensselaer NY USPackage arrived at a carrier facility

This guy had to violate the 14 hour rule.

18. FilingBluesFL

FilingBluesFL Well-Known Member

I'll just give you the same line the helper coordinator gave me...

"You don't seem to understand that we have goals we need to make and those numbers are most important..."

19. Funfact

I live in the Berkshire have to drive to Springfield to work got bumped out of the Pittsfield building a couple of years back. Even with the Hr drive home I'm home before some of the drivers in my old building get back. They beep on the way past my house if I happen to be outside. Also if I have a delivery I get at the end of the day so I usually get to chat with the driver who delivers it.

20. gingerkat

gingerkat Well-Known Member

Tell me they didn't ring or knock on your door, did they?