Attacked and bit by large dog today

Big Babooba

You were bitten by a dog. Its owner showed no concern for you. Chances are that this dog has bitten before and will bite again. Take him to court.

klein

Für Meno :)
To be honest, I wouldn't do anything. Dogs are dogs. I got biten delivering for UPS... thru some alcohol on it from the first aid kit, bandage, and moved on. By end of day, my leg was pretty much black and blue all around the bitemarks, but oh well. Crap happens.

That owner responded just like yours. Oh he bit you ? (and nothing else, no sorry, or punishment for the dog).
Something we just need to be more alert of. And many times when I seen barking dogs in the yard, you bet, I would just DR the package, by throwing it over the fence, closest to the door I could throw it .

One good tip though, I always carried dog bisquits with me. Give them 1 or 2 and see how they react, and how they feed. Easy way to figure out if they are friendly enough to get inside.
Had many dogs on my route in time, that just wiggled their tails when they seen my truck arriving, knowing I got Goodies onboard for them.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
To be honest, I wouldn't do anything. Dogs are dogs. I got biten delivering for UPS... thru some alcohol on it from the first aid kit, bandage, and moved on. By end of day, my leg was pretty much black and blue all around the bitemarks, but oh well. Crap happens.

That owner responded just like yours. Oh he bit you ? (and nothing else, no sorry, or punishment for the dog).
Something we just need to be more alert of. And many times when I seen barking dogs in the yard, you bet, I would just DR the package, by throwing it over the fence, closest to the door I could throw it .

One good tip though, I always carried dog bisquits with me. Give them 1 or 2 and see how they react, and how they feed. Easy way to figure out if they are friendly enough to get inside.
Had many dogs on my route in time, that just wiggled their tails when they seen my truck arriving, knowing I got Goodies onboard for them.

Are you crazy? I beeped my horn, so the guy knew I was at residence. He could have easily restrained the dog knowing there was a package coming and UPS was making a delivery. The dog ran out of the house to get me or at best from a good distance. His first bark was at least 20-30 feet away when I stopped walking. HE was not loose in the yard waiting for me and I was not taking a chance. There was a slider around back (barely in my view as I finally walked up the side of house on driveway towards back) that he ran out of. The man was right there either in the backyard or inside the house by the door. This is not a case of me walking into a growling dog hoping it wouldn't bite. The dog was an attack dog and I refuse to let someone else be the test subject that obviously I was for the owners approval.

Johney

Sleeve don't waste your time with any Union based attorneys go to the yellow pages and see if any advertise for dog bites some do.

hoffa1975

chk north endzone
A mutt rotweiler/something got me today. Was in ER for awhile and also drove 1 hour back to police station to report with ER visit papers.

Can I sue the dog owner? It is a dangerous dog to say the least. I basically stood there defenseless and it did some damage to my knee. THankfully avoided perm damage it seems, but I'm in a lot of pain.

Any suggestions? Someone mentioned a union appointed lawyer or something like that?

Get a lawyer, file a workmans comp. lawsuit against Big Brown. File a seperate lawsuit against the dog owners.If I were you I would be freaked out every time I saw a dog out on area. So much so that I would hide in the back of the pkg. car for quite a while. Maybe not be able to ever deliver pkgs.again cuz of my fear of dogs. What they gonna pay on that one???? Start cryin if they even show you a pic of a dog @ therapy. Don't be a wimp, go 4 it.

kingOFchester

Get a lawyer, file a workmans comp. lawsuit against Big Brown. File a seperate lawsuit against the dog owners.If I were you I would be freaked out every time I saw a dog out on area. So much so that I would hide in the back of the pkg. car for quite a while. Maybe not be able to ever deliver pkgs.again cuz of my fear of dogs. What they gonna pay on that one???? Start cryin if they even show you a pic of a dog @ therapy. Don't be a wimp, go 4 it.

And we wonder what is wrong with America.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What a joke.

brownbiker

brownbiker
I was attacked by a German shepard at a customers home. The dog didn't bite me but in an attempt to get away I tore my ACL and had to have reconstructive surgery. I contacted the home owners insurance company and they were happy to pay for the surgery, missed wages and a small amount for pain and suffering.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was attacked by a German shepard at a customers home. The dog didn't bite me but in an attempt to get away I tore my ACL and had to have reconstructive surgery. I contacted the home owners insurance company and they were happy to pay for the surgery, missed wages and a small amount for pain and suffering.

You were entitled to a large amount for the latter, I would imagine. Just a guess.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sleeve, I think his point was you don't necessarily need a lawyer to pursue this. You probably won't get as much for pain and suffering if you don't but most of that would go to the lawyer anyway so...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Are you sure you're not from France. (That's a WWII reference for those that didin't get it). This is WAY bad advice!

You "thru" some alcohol on it? I'm thinking you put a little on your boo boo and swallowed the rest.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Sleeve, do you have an update for us?

Thanks for asking.

No real update. I contacted one lawyer and we played phone tag. I have been taking pictures daily of the progress of the injury. Not sure I want to go through with a lawsuit but these scars left behind really get under my skin (no pun intended there!) . Leg feels pretty good at least, just a little bit of pain.