Attendance question....

Undertow82

How many days can you miss before you are given a warning letter? Is it so many a year or 6 month period? Ive missed two days and was wondering if I'm close to being coached. I've been there since the end of February.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I missed 3 days in my first 2 months and was never even spoken to. Granted, it was because my girlfriend had our baby, but still, not a word from anyone and I gained senority without a hiccup

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
The attendance policy (agreed to by the company & union) varies in its verbiage around the country. Where I am, it works out to 1 occurrence per month. An occurrence could be a late ( by 1 minute), or an absence of several consecutive days. You could be on notice of suspension and/or termination with that frequency, but would still be working (unlikely to have actually been suspended).

Either get with your steward now to get the specifics for your area; or wait until management first comes to you for discipline, and ask for a steward at that time. Also, attendance discipline typically starts with a verbal warning (documented), before getting a warning letter.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
The attendance policy (agreed to by the company & union) varies in its verbiage around the country. Where I am, it works out to 1 occurrence per month. An occurrence could be a late ( by 1 minute), or an absence of several consecutive days. You could be on notice of suspension and/or termination with that frequency, but would still be working (unlikely to have actually been suspended).

Either get with your steward now to get the specifics for your area; or wait until management first comes to you for discipline, and ask for a steward at that time. Also, attendance discipline typically starts with a verbal warning (documented), before getting a warning letter.

For real though OP, I usually just listen to what this dude says in every thread

PT Car Washer

My building has a PTer on twi that shows up on Friday to get his one punch a week to keep his benefits. Works 5 minutes or two hours depending on staffing needs. Works a FT job thru the week and does not care about the money or I guess the 750 hours for a retirement year.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
U only get a warning letter when your on ups bad list and they want to get rid of people. That is when they start to enforce stuff. So basically it is whenever ups feels like it.