dirtyplatypus96

So i just called off right now cause i have a fever and strep throat and my sup texted me that i will be getting a warning letter. my fevers calming down but my throat still continues to hurt like a buddyh. if i call off again will that make things worse? or will i still just get a warning letter? also should i have my union rep around when they decide to give me the letter?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Very rarely will someone receive a warning letter for calling in sick if they don't already have an attendance issue. I'd recommend you getting a doc's note at urgent care for your fever.

Never sign any discipline without a union representative present.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We get sick days as negotiated in our agreement. Therefore, as I see it, the company agrees that folks can get sick and may need time off, up to that many days over the course of the year. Counter the warning letter with a doctors note and a grievance.

542thruNthru

So i just called off right now cause i have a fever and strep throat and my sup texted me that i will be getting a warning letter. my fevers calming down but my throat still continues to hurt like a buddyh. if i call off again will that make things worse? or will i still just get a warning letter? also should i have my union rep around when they decide to give me the letter?

Get a doctor's note and take as much time as you need. They could not give you more than a warning letter. Your ups teamster progressive discipline does not go up by the number of days you take off in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

By The Book

also should i have my union rep around when they decide to give me the letter?
They can give you a warning letter without a steward there...if there are no questions asked, or discussion over this. Go to an immediate care or a prompt care and have the doctor write you a note for a return to work date. If you are off on a Monday and your illness keeps you out of work until the following Monday, that's only one occurance.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Go into this wanta be supervisor's office, but prior to going in, swallow a packet of mustard, then proceed to vomit on his desk and tell him - "I told you I didn't feel well".

stephieclion

You are not allowed to get sick October through Jan 5th.....There is usually a process of occurrences before being fired. You should make yourself aware of what the attendance policies are.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
If you call in sick one day you don't have to call in the next two days...take up to three days but you have to call in "well" the morning you decide to go back...who cares if it's peak if you're sick you're sick

stephieclion

I work for FedEx and even I know that everything you've posted as fact is totally inaccurate. Bored today and decided to do some trolling??
I wasn't trying to be factual...I was making fun of UPS policies. Peak Season is factually called black out season where you cannot use any time off. Trolling.. no, my intentions were not to upset anyone. And as far as a Dr note is concerned, you still cannot call out during peak season, if you are sick enough to go on disability, then your dr. note comes to play, but as far as taking one day off, Corporate UPS employees will just take it as an occurrence and keep it moving. Occurrences do hurt you when it comes time to get a good shift or a pay raise, but it usually evens out.

allergictotape

I wasn't trying to be factual...I was making fun of UPS policies. Peak Season is factually called black out season where you cannot use any time off. Trolling.. no, my intentions were not to upset anyone. And as far as a Dr note is concerned, you still cannot call out during peak season, if you are sick enough to go on disability, then your dr. note comes to play, but as far as taking one day off, Corporate UPS employees will just take it as an occurrence and keep it moving. Occurrences do hurt you when it comes time to get a good shift or a pay raise, but it usually evens out.

who the heck works for corporate ups? if im sick, ill call out. you want a dr note? ill spend the $10 co pay, no prob. doesn't matter if its may 1st or December 1st.