Attention Package Car Drivers

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have always complimented my Preloader. It doesn't matter what your job with this company is, everyone likes to be appreciated with their efforts. If they aren't doing a good job, then the driver should calmly offer suggestions about what needs to be improved. Jumping on the Preloader by making a big scene first thing in the morning doesn't accomplish anything.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was on a preload for 8 yrs, and the preloader makes or breaks your day.
I have always tipped my preloader at Christmas, no matter who or how long, its just Christmas.
My loader has tipped my normally well adjusted self, to the point I want to smack him and say hey wake up, you are at work!!!!
I would never do that, zero tolerance and all, that is why at 910 when I started and maybe 50 of my 250 pkgs for that day were loaded, and wrong I might add, I just said, get out of my way. He spits his tobacco all over the floor of my NEW TRUCK. Today he said, Oh Im so sick and proceeded to hawker all over while I was standing there, and handing me a pkg, not even acting like he knew where he was., and saying here I dont know where it goes........Its so nice to pull pkgs off the floor and get tobacco spit all over my own self. I finally said to a sup, send him home or Im going home, all he kept doing was bouncing off me, and by 925 I had enough. I get paid to do a job, and so does he, today he didnt even try, last week he was NO call no show 2 days, obviously there is a problem, and while I feel for him, Im all done enabling him.
The sup asked what I thought. I do not want to see anyone fired, so I said, I dont know I didnt even look at him I just told him to get out of my way. If I had talked with him I would have decked him. So I didnt associate with conversation since he was way beyond that. But I did say, did you come in late??????, have you been in the restroom puking,?????? did they not let you go home coz you are sick????b My tip for him and the best of his life was get help, your messed up, and get out of my way.

tieguy

Banned
I refuse to thank or tip my preloader, he is easily one of the worst in the entire nation. I won't get into everything he does, but the 1000,3000,5000,7000 shelves are guarenteed to be on the floor by the time I'm on area. Who teaches these people to put tiny packages on the bottom and big packages ontop of them?

Griff ,

I'm sure the guy has probably made a decision to save his body from too much wear and tear rather then worrying about pride in workmanship.

sorry bud couldn't resist.:thumbup1:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
So true about how a good and seasoned preloader can make or break your day. My preloader has got it down to a science and it shows. IMO these guys don't get paid enough for what they do.

So when you stop by the coffee shop in the morning get that extra pastry for your preloader!

Oh and btw.....my center doesn't allow anyone to chew tobacco, well not while loading trucks anyway....disgusting!

Griff

Griff ,

I'm sure the guy has probably made a decision to save his body from too much wear and tear rather then worrying about pride in workmanship.

sorry bud couldn't resist.:thumbup1:

Yeah, because a preloader who can't load a truck correctly is sooooo comparable to a driver who doesn't sprint all day to make you look good. Nevermind the fact I'm under 9.5 basically everyday and I follow the methods. Obviously since I'm not running and making your numbers better that means I have no pride, integrity, heart, brains or whatever the word of the week is in la-la land.

You are no different than any center manager I've ever met, brown brainwashed and obsessed with fraudulent numbers.