Attention Teamsters in the central region.

Kinda hard to get involved when you work 10 hrs a day four days a week, and yes I've filed 9.5 greviances(6 to be exact). The union still has done *****. Gets old eating a cold dinner all the time, by the time i get home my wife and kid our done eating and enjoying their evening.

Kinda hard to get involved when you work 10 hrs a day four days a week, and yes I've filed 9.5 greviances(6 to be exact). The union still has done *****. Gets old eating a cold dinner all the time, by the time i get home my wife and kid our done eating and enjoying their evening.
I work more than that plus I'm involved. My weekends are all about family time with my kids. I just heat my dinner up in the microwave.
If there is one thing I do working here at ups it's I remain positive. If you sit around feeling sorry for yourself woe is me bullcrap and listen to the majority of the people you work with you are dead in the water. Misery loves company remember this because its the real ups logo.
It can always be worse remember this as well. I've been in some real bad places here at ups that I'm almost certain you haven't. I've also seen members in horrible predicaments that would blow your mind.

There is one thing that I tell my members when they are acting like pre madonnas. Go into a room by yourself and check if you have a penis and balls. If you do ask yourself???? Am I a man???? If the answer is yes then tell yourself this whenever you feel down and out. Check your junk and if sit there tell yourself you are a man and you are going to do what men should do make the best of every situation and rise up and lead by example. God bless

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There are two issues in the Central Region Supplement that I believe need changing, both in art 17.

1. 17i must either be clearly defined or eliminated.

2. The dollar figure qualifying gross negligence in an avoidable accident needs to significantly raised or eliminated in 17d.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I work more than that plus I'm involved. My weekends are all about family time with my kids. I just heat my dinner up in the microwave.
If there is one thing I do working here at ups it's I remain positive. If you sit around feeling sorry for yourself woe is me bullcrap and listen to the majority of the people you work with you are dead in the water. Misery loves company remember this because its the real ups logo.
It can always be worse remember this as well. I've been in some real bad places here at ups that I'm almost certain you haven't. I've also seen members in horrible predicaments that would blow your mind.

There is one thing that I tell my members when they are acting like pre madonnas. Go into a room by yourself and check if you have a penis and balls. If you do ask yourself???? Am I a man???? If the answer is yes then tell yourself this whenever you feel down and out. Check your junk and if sit there tell yourself you are a man and you are going to do what men should do make the best of every situation and rise up and lead by example. God bless

Outstanding post from a great man!!!

It brings to mind a story from several peaks ago.
I was delivering deep into the evening in sleet, freezing rain, and wind blown slow.
As I approached the address of my next stop, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself.
Taking notice of the package as being from a military base, I inquired from the lady who answered the door if this package was from a service man?
She confirmed that it was and that it contained some of his civilian articles that he could not take with him to Iraq when he was deployed last week.
Humbled, i asked her to thank him for his service for me.
She siad, "tell him yourself" and proceded to turn around the laptop computer on the coffee table where his smiling face lit up the screen.
That is a moment that I will never forget, as I draw on it whenever I find myself mired in self pitty.
Does anybody think that a soldier has the luxury to decide he is too busy or tired watch his brothers back?
Does anybody think these soldiers appreciate only seeing their loved ones faces via photograph or skype?
We work long, physically demanding hours, but there is absolutely no reason we can't all take the time to act collectively as Teamsters.

texan

"I work more than that plus I'm involved. My weekends are all about family time with my kids. I just heat my dinner up in the microwave.

If there is one thing I do working here at ups it's I remain positive. If you sit around feeling sorry for yourself woe is me bullcrap and listen to the majority of the people you work with you are dead in the water. Misery loves company remember this because its the real ups logo
."

GREAT POST 407!!!!

Outstanding post from a great man!!!

It brings to mind a story from several peaks ago.
I was delivering deep into the evening in sleet, freezing rain, and wind blown slow.
As I approached the address of my next stop, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself.
Taking notice of the package as being from a military base, I inquired from the lady who answered the door if this package was from a service man?
She confirmed that it was and that it contained some of his civilian articles that he could not take with him to Iraq when he was deployed last week.
Humbled, i asked her to thank him for his service for me.
She siad, "tell him yourself" and proceded to turn around the laptop computer on the coffee table where his smiling face lit up the screen.
That is a moment that I will never forget, as I draw on it whenever I find myself mired in self pitty.
Does anybody think that a soldier has the luxury to decide he is too busy or tired watch his brothers back?
Does anybody think these soldiers appreciate only seeing their loved ones faces via photograph or skype?
We work long, physically demanding hours, but there is absolutely no reason we can't all take the time to act collectively as Teamsters.
I wish I could rep this post can somebody or everybody do it for me please.

fryguy379

I am a satellite driver UPS makes a fortune on us. I would like a mutual cutoff time in summer to be 9pm. It's sux delivering to houses in the dark especially when it gets dark so late. Before anyone asks I am on the 9.5 list and it was a battle for it to happen. For those who aren't sure what a satellite driver is a tower from building drops off a tp60 on area and you load your own truck and start delivering anywhere between 1 hour to 3hours later than building start time. Then you will deliver your 7hr to 12hr day depending if routes were cut