Audit the Fed

wkmac

Ron Paul's bill to audit the Federal Reserve has gained a lot of strength including coverage in the Huffington Post and now it seems even Fox News has joined the coverage. Huffington Post and Fox News has to make one wonder if Ron has sold out!
:happy-very:

But the Fox piece has something interesting that I want to use to ask a question. Here's the quote from the article:

Unfortunately for Paul, the bill appears to be idling in the House Financial Services Committee, which is chaired by Barney Frank, D-Mass. The bill has been sitting there, gathering co-sponsors, since Paul introduced it in late February.
"You've kind of got to rely on the Democratic leadership (to move the bill along)," a Boehner aide said. "I haven't heard a lot of support from Chairman Frank."
Calls to Frank's office were not returned.
Paul acknowledged that his bill hasn't advanced but said Frank has "promised" him he will deal with his bill and is willing to give it a hearing. Paul said it's easily got the "momentum" to pass the full House.
A representative with the Federal Reserve could not be reached for comment.
Obama, though, voiced confidence in Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke last Tuesday and defended the Fed's overall ability to regulate effectively as well as his proposal to give the body more power.

My question is, why the appearance of foot dragging from a party that ran on transparency, accountability and rooting out "free market" abuse of the economy with proper oversight?

Seems to me that the democrat congressional leadership in it's slow (like molasses in winter) pace to act is sending a wrong message to the American public.

P

pickup

Ron Paul's bill to audit the Federal Reserve has gained a lot of strength including coverage in the Huffington Post and now it seems even Fox News has joined the coverage. Huffington Post and Fox News has to make one wonder if Ron has sold out!
:happy-very:

But the Fox piece has something interesting that I want to use to ask a question. Here's the quote from the article:

My question is, why the appearance of foot dragging from a party that ran on transparency, accountability and rooting out "free market" abuse of the economy with proper oversight?

Seems to me that the democrat congressional leadership in it's slow (like molasses in winter) pace to act is sending a wrong message to the American public.

Because if you pulled the curtain on that institution , known as the federal reserve, you will find nothing but fraud, trickery and lies.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Interesting article from the latest issue of Rolling Stone that is seeing discussion across the political spectrum from the left to the right.

The Great American Bubble Machine

The governor of NJ is former Goldman Sachs. His brightest idea to fix this overtaxed state was to sell some of our state assets (highways) to pay for all of his bull.

You don't have to guess who would have profitted most from this deal...all of his Wall Street cronies.

Thankfully, the howls of protests stopped this nonsense in it's tracks.

wkmac

" Assuming the audit isn't rigged to protect the guilty, as a similar bill was in 1978"

Mighty large assumtpion there. :happy2:

It might be as you say but I have to agree with George's last paragraph at the link I posted. Here's is what he said:

Power grabs are a frequent and predictable outcome of government investigations. However, any audit that exposes the Fed's relationship to the state will be worth doing, even if the Fed's friends keep it where it is.

To follow up on that, I'd remind you of your comments to me in a PM concerning Obama's birth certificate fight and I could also say to you "Mighty large assumption there. :happy2:" but then George's words above could prove equally true there as well.

There is a reason wolves hunt large bison in packs. A lone wolf is no real match for a Bull but a pack of wolves attacking from different angles prove more effective in bringing it down. Same may be true here although how far the bull is brought down differs from wolf to wolf obviously!

Wolf_3.jpg

:peaceful:

av8torntn

To follow up on that, I'd remind you of your comments to me in a PM concerning Obama's birth certificate fight and I could also say to you "Mighty large assumption there. :happy2:" but then George's words above could prove equally true there as well.

I honestly do not remember that and I tried to pull up my sent messages but could not figure it out sorry. As far as the Obama BC thing goes I think since he claimed he wanted an open and honest campaign and regime I think he should unseal his birth records. McCain did when he was challenged by the far left and that issue died out.

As far as this bill goes it still has to survive committee, the amendment process, and the full house vote. It then would need to do the same in the Senate. Then we would have to see it survive conference. If you are making the very large assumption that it would survive all of this without being gutted it would then need to be signed into law by a President that does not seem to want an open government by his own actions.

wkmac

I honestly do not remember that and I tried to pull up my sent messages but could not figure it out sorry. As far as the Obama BC thing goes I think since he claimed he wanted an open and honest campaign and regime I think he should unseal his birth records. McCain did when he was challenged by the far left and that issue died out.

As far as this bill goes it still has to survive committee, the amendment process, and the full house vote. It then would need to do the same in the Senate. Then we would have to see it survive conference. If you are making the very large assumption that it would survive all of this without being gutted it would then need to be signed into law by a President that does not seem to want an open government by his own actions.

I guess "it is what it is!"
:wink2:

wkmac

Glenn Greenwald presents a good case as to why the Federal Reserve needs auditing and why Congressional leadership (both democrat and republican) are trying to block it.

The events preceding Goldman Sachs' new "blowout profits"

Senator Bernie Sanders I-Vt. introduced the Senate version to audit the Fed and it's been the republicans roadblocking whereas in the house it's been the Congressional leadership of Barney Frank and his sweet sister Pelosi. This issue also forces out front and center that the leadership of both parties are not opposites but in fact work for the same side and it ain't "US"!

Henry D. Thoreau once said: "There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is strike the root!"

Let's start striking at the root!

P

pickup

Actually, I lied about being able to focus on the federal reserve without twisting my stomach in knots. Just thinking about that sham game they have going gets me sick to the stomach. Its odd, but the only time Jesus got violent was when he overturned the moneychanger's table in the temple. Maybe he was pissed off too.

wkmac

Actually, I lied about being able to focus on the federal reserve without twisting my stomach in knots. Just thinking about that sham game they have going gets me sick to the stomach. Its odd, but the only time Jesus got violent was when he overturned the moneychanger's table in the temple. Maybe he was pissed off too.

Ever studied the money system of the temple in Jesus time? You should as for one thing the temple money was a type of fiat devalued currency and the temple priests were in on the take too. Sound familar?

P

pickup

Ever studied the money system of the temple in Jesus time? You should as for one thing the temple money was a type of fiat devalued currency and the temple priests were in on the take too. Sound familar?
I think you could answer your own question affirmatively if you acknowledge that I offered that example of upsetting the moneychanger's tables in a post that dealt with the federal reserve. I clearly agree with your last sentence because the scam is the same as the one the fed perpetuates. :wink2:

wkmac

A Free Market in Money?

Can the monetary system regulate itself, or does it require oversight by government regulators? According to Lawrence H. White, who gave a lecture entitled "Can the Monetary System Regulate Itself?" at Rhodes College this past March the answer to the first question is "yes" and the answer to the second question is "no."

According to Professor White, who was until recently the friend.A. Hayek Professor of Economic History at the University of Missouri-Saint Louis and who will join the faculty at George Mason University this fall, theory and history provide a strong case for a free market in money and banking.

P

pickup

the wacky world of wkmac

Who is this strange man who does not know well enough to leave alone?
How does he spend his time and how does he come up with this stuff?

That is the Question.