August 2018

box_beeyotch

She should because she's your wife, who raised your children. Now if you have a life insurance policy that is large enough to provide financial security that can match, that's an option.

She didn't raise MY children. She helped raise OUR children...that doesn't make it her money. I dont know why I care anyway, this is precisely why I will not get married.

JL 0513

She didn't raise MY children. She helped raise OUR children...that doesn't make it her money. I dont know why I care anyway, this is precisely why I will not get married.

Stay at home Moms deserve ownership of half your earnings. If you've ever cared for a toddler and a baby for a day (my current situation), you'd know that in many ways, it is arguably harder than our days as drivers. All the while, the Mom isn't being paid which is why she is entitled to half our earnings.

S

selfcancelsignal

4 billion a year in profits, and we're not saying UPS should pony up more? you guys know how much 4 billion is? it's 2 and 1/3 of a P70 made from solid GOLD. Maybe they should lower MIP...
Sounds like more than enough to stay well paid, well insured, & bring every center & hub nationwide brand new gasoline automatic PC's with air conditioning. Must've slipped & hit my head in the BOG.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Forget that! I put in ALOT of bllod sweat and beers along with freezing and broiling to death!
My pension is for me to enjoy life when I wave bye bye to UPS.
She has a nice job with a generous income, she can take care of herself now and when I am gone.
I'll take the money I worked so hard for to take care of me!

...and they call me a Me-ster...? :)

The SSB was established to take care of those spouses who did not have the means to take care of themselves should something happen to the member.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Stay at home Moms deserve ownership of half your earnings. If you've ever cared for a toddler and a baby for a day (my current situation), you'd know that in many ways, it is arguably harder than our days as drivers. All the while, the Mom isn't being paid which is why she is entitled to half our earnings.

Some drivers will take their full pension and then purchase an insurance policy ($500K or more) to make sure their spouses are taken care of.

clean hairy

...and they call me a Me-ster...? :)

The SSB was established to take care of those spouses who did not have the means to take care of themselves should something happen to the member.
read post 98.
One detail I left out is that she makes substantially more than me, I know our finances, and not a problem for her to take care of herself without my pension if I go first.