August Raise

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
We won't receive the raise until the various supplements are worked out and the master contract ratified. For all hours worked after August 1st, we'll receive a retroactive check for all wages to which we are entitled after ratification.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
With our leadership in charge, no need to worry! Union dues will go up even though you now pay for health care.

on the issue of raises. i was hired on the preload shift in april of 2012. this puts my current pay at $11.00 an hour. will i be going to $11.50 on the new contract?

ocnewguy

on the issue of raises. i was hired on the preload shift in april of 2012. this puts my current pay at $11.00 an hour. will i be going to $11.50 on the new contract?

i believe it will be $11.70, bagels explained it in another thread that those of us still in progression with a seniorty date before August 1st get a double raise.

UPS Preloader

If you are currently at $11.00, you will be at $11.70 as of August 1st. (But you won't see it until all the supplements are settled and the National is ratified.)

Inthegame

Which is why the union pushes harder for wage increases than benefit increases.

OK partner but that theory gets blown up by the $3.90 wage bump as compared to the $5.00 benefit bump. Further gets blown up by the additionnal year of progression, which lowers dues as wages are lower.
Keep swinging, you'll hit one.

Ms.PacMan

OK partner but that theory gets blown up by the $3.90 wage bump as compared to the $5.00 benefit bump. Further gets blown up by the additionnal year of progression, which lowers dues as wages are lower.
Keep swinging, you'll hit one.

Unless they promised the Teamsters that they will hire more drivers with the 4 year progression then they would with the status quo progression - that would equal more dues.

Inthegame

Unless they promised the Teamsters that they will hire more drivers with the 4 year progression then they would with the status quo progression - that would equal more dues.
Right cause UPS often "promises" Teamsters more full time jobs. Has this been the case with the status quo current 3 year progression (dues are reduced in this scheme also)? Even when they're contractually obligated to fill FT jobs we need to fight for them, but you have "special" insight.

Nimnim

The Nim
OK partner but that theory gets blown up by the $3.90 wage bump as compared to the $5.00 benefit bump. Further gets blown up by the additionnal year of progression, which lowers dues as wages are lower. Keep swinging, you'll hit one.

I would agree with you, except for the fact if the IBT pushed for $5.00 raise the benefits would have taken a bigger hit than "UPS plan moved to Teamcare." The IBT may sometimes come across as stupid, but they know some increase to the dues is better than going big and getting a contract voted down. I can't say it would have been voted down if we had a $5 over 5 years raise schedule at a greater cost to benefits for those in the UPS plan, but it's a chance the IBT wasn't willing to take for sure.